Notification Sounds - Car Bluetooth

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just upgraded to a 7+ after being on Android for the last 4 years. Absolutely loving my new phone and the transition has been smoother than I first thought. I am having one issue that I am hoping to get some help with. For the life of me I cannot figure out if it is a bug or a setting that I am missing.

When my phone is connected to bluetooth in my car I do not get any sound notification. The only time I hear the sound notification is when I am listening to my music on my phone connected through the bluetooth. However, if I am listening to the standard radio I do not hear any notifications.

I read somewhere else that swiping from the bottom to access AirPlay, then selecting iPhone instead of the car's bluetooth. However, that option is not available when I swipe from the bottom.

Any help in fixing this?

Is this a bug that needs to get fixed with an update?

I listen to my car radio more than the music from my phone. So now I am checking my phone to see if there are any notifications coming through as I cannot hear them beep.

Thanks in advance for your help.

pdalper

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Go into bluetooth menu while connected to car and pull down the menu for that Bluetooth. Open menu and click allow notifications. Now turn off car and back on and all should be fixed.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Go into bluetooth menu while connected to car and pull down the menu for that Bluetooth. Open menu and click allow notifications. Now turn off car and back on and all should be fixed.

I too am having this issue. I will test out this setting in the morning and hopefully that does the trick. Having to go in every time I get in the car and switch from the handsfree link back to iPhone in control center just to hear my notifications is a pain and it shouldn't work that way. Especially coming from an android where it knew to send the notifications directly to the phone without having to change any settings.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere else that swiping from the bottom to access AirPlay, then selecting iPhone instead of the car's bluetooth. However, that option is not available when I swipe from the bottom.

You need to go into control center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. The same way you would access the flash light and other quick toggle settings. Then swipe to the left and you will see the option for airplay. There you would choose iPhone. However hopefully the suggestion from the post above is the solution.

pdalper

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I get that. This is what worked for my husband's car a ford escape. We also came from android and found this frustrating!

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So swipe my up from the bottom, swiping left, then swiping up. The switch from Bluetooth to iPhone.

That worked for me as well. I didn't know that worked for both notifications and music being played. I thought it was just for the music.

Another question. Am I to do this everytime my phone reconnects to my car? Or is there a way to automatically keep this setting?

Currently everytime my phone reconnects I have to go into control centre and switch it to iPhone.

Thanks for all the help guys. Appreciate it.

Loving the imore community.

pdalper

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Not sure I understand. If Bluetooth is set by the car's system then it should automatically connect after initial setup, however,if you have an old fashioned Bluetooth running thru auxiliary then you have to do it every time. Hope that helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox