AT&T Unlimited Data

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlimited Data

Oh Yeah, fully agree. Anything over 5GB is perfect for me. I would never use more than that so they can throttle me at 22GB because i would never get there lol ^_^
If you only need 5gb, even Verizon isn't too bad at $50.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but how much exactly did you go over that 22GB throttle threshold.

I think I went up to 30 GB which is what they said is about my normal usage a month. I have had unlimited data with AT&T since 2008 and that was the first time I got blocked from the standard 4G network and had to use LTE for anytime data related until the billing cycle was over.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited Data

I know if you stream video using the Directv App it doesn't use your data allotment.

It's kind of nice...only gripe I have is I cannot watch football games on my device when I'm out and about.

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Unlimited Data

Everything unlimited on T-mobile here. I'm glad AT&T joins in. I thought that was a terrible thing to do that they took away unlimited data in the first place.

1dd8d58a2cb7e5a4f37fd2bd59ad1df7.png

Rich Fray

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

I work in an AT&T retail store. DirecTV OR Uverse TV subscribers can get the unlimited plan...

my sons and I regularly exceed 22 gigs each with no throttling yet...

And regarding the pricing, it's $100 for first line, $40 for each additional line. Fourth line is free....

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I work in an AT&T retail store. DirecTV OR Uverse TV subscribers can get the unlimited plan...

And regarding the pricing, it's $100 for first line, $40 for each additional line. Fourth line is free....
They only throttle when the tower he is on is in high load and exceeds the 22gb

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

They only throttle when the tower he is on is in high load.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

How can I use my iPhone 7+ with AT&T's unlimited data as a hot spot? Is there an app for it? Thank you in advance.

It has to be apart of your plan, if it is then you just have to turn it on in settings > cellular > tap set up personal hotspot.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

There is unlimited data for everyone they just throttle it back after 16 GB

So it's not just an auto-throttling for the rest of the bill cycle?

Yep. As others have said it means once you hit 22 GB you will only be throttled if you're in area with congestion on that tower. Once congestion clears up or you swap towers you go back to full speed. It isn't a "hard cap" where you hit 22 GB and are throttled 100% of the time like plans from before.

If you have DirecTV it is an awesome deal imo. I have a T-Mobile 2 lines for $100 a month unlimited promo right now and still have been debating swapping to AT&T since I have DirecTV / Fiber for home internet at home -- I could snag AT&T and have unlimited with better coverage. If I applied my work discount it would make it near the same price I pay for T-Mobile now. I would only have to get the gf to sign off on it .. That is the hard part haha :p.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2