AT&T Unlimited Data

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlimited Data

Even more reason to try and build up subscriber base than to push it hard like att does with direct tv. And I understand they aren't the only ones, I was talking about verizon fios.
There's a difference though. Att is pushing direct TV.verizon is trying to get rid of FiOS and even sold some of its holdings.

Also Verizon I don't think can throttle after 25gb or whatever thanks to Google.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm from Canada but sounds like a sweet deal to me!

Me too, I had managed to get unlimited Blackberry data with Bell for a few years but they cut me off last year by calling it a promotion and setting an "end date" it was great while I had it though.

If any carriers had the option here, it would likely cost hundreds of dollars per month. After all, we pay more here for just about all of our Telecom services.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Unlimited Data

The option to ha ve ****ty and overpriced satellite TV that goes out when it gets cloudy? You mean that option?

Ehh that's not exactly accurate. It has to be super heavy thick black clouds for the stream to be interrupted and even then it's seconds to perhaps a minute or two and it happens on rare occasion. Hardly " when it gets cloudy". The picture quality blows any cable out of the water with Fios being the only thing comparable but since it's available hardly anywhere doesn't matter. I've had Fios and cable and Directv. Just got Directv back this past August and I couldn't be happier. The service is great and NFL Sunday ticket can't be touched period.

When my sprint contract is up next year I will probably going with att if I can get unlimited data like i have with sprint and for the same or less money.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Just got Directv back this past August and I couldn't be happier. The service is great and NFL Sunday ticket can't be touched period.

Easier to get international NFL Game Pass and get every game live without blackout. NFL Sunday Ticket is a ripoff.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

Ehh that's not exactly accurate. It has to be super heavy thick black clouds for the stream to be interrupted and even then it's seconds to perhaps a minute or two and it happens on rare occasion. Hardly " when it gets cloudy". The picture quality blows any cable out of the water with Fios being the only thing comparable but since it's available hardly anywhere doesn't matter. I've had Fios and cable and Directv. Just got Directv back this past August and I couldn't be happier. The service is great and NFL Sunday ticket can't be touched period.

When my sprint contract is up next year I will probably going with att if I can get unlimited data like i have with sprint and for the same or less money.

I had them a year ago. Trust me, it went all the damn time. I hate all satellite TV. They rape you on the boxes too.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

I have no idea, but I do know the service here hasn't been really all that terrible. Some lag here and there, cut out little during a thunderstorm, but all-in-all it's been a pretty rounded experience

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile unlimited plan here
f456ff98d9b676cfefe9f8d70b5f5027.jpg

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I have AT&T as well and just a reminder to folks that if you have unlimited and use over 22 GB then you run the risk of having slower speeds on the standard 4G Network or being blocked from using the standard 4G network and will be forced to use LTE until the billing cycle is over. I was blocked from using the standard 4G network and was restricted to only using the LTE network last billing cycle because I went over the 22 GB. At first I thought something was wrong with my phone but ultimately found out it it had something to do with this.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

I have AT&T as well and just a reminder to folks that if you have unlimited and use over 22 GB then you run the risk of having slower speeds on the standard 4G Network or being blocked from using the standard 4G network and will be forced to use LTE until the billing cycle is over. I was blocked from using the standard 4G network and was restricted to only using the LTE network last billing cycle because I went over the 22 GB. At first I thought something was wrong with my phone but ultimately found out it it had something to do with this.

Yeah but how much exactly did you go over that 22GB throttle threshold.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

It states 22GB on their website...

It says something along the lines of "may be throttled," so even though I don't plan on abusing it...it seems to me that it doesn't have to start throttling once that magic number is hit

Yeah def not 16, but I got an email from them that said after 26.

red5gary

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site

Yeah but doesn't at&t control the speed of your data? It might be unlimited but i bet the speed isn't? We all need data these days like toothpaste so why don't all carriers in the US n Canada give us unlimited data. It makes sense too...someday it will happen...like the Cubs winning it all.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Just seen an ad last night for Unlimited Data with AT&T...

Called this morning and sure enough...$100 for unlimited data, with my 18% discount AT&T just became more affordable.

Thats so awesome!

so is this fully unlimited or is it like, you can use 10GB and then throttle you down to 2G speeds?

EDIT: just read there is a 22GB throttle limit.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Thats so awesome!

so is this fully unlimited or is it like, you can use 10GB and then throttle you down to 2G speeds?

EDIT: just read there is a 22GB throttle limit.

They "may throttle" you after that, but still...I consider it a heck of a deal.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

They "may throttle" you after that, but still...I consider it a heck of a deal.

Oh Yeah, fully agree. Anything over 5GB is perfect for me. I would never use more than that so they can throttle me at 22GB because i would never get there lol ^_^