should i or shouldnt i?

NickG13

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
i just upgraded from 6s Plus to 7 Plus and i dont regret it. I love it. The camera is amazing! My recommendation is, if you are happy with what you have just stick to 6s Plus but, if you can afford the upgrade now and can also afford when the new one comes out the upgrade. i think the upgrade is worth it. It all comes down to how you use the phone. i take a lot of photos so it was worth it for me.

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
If u can live without the new speakers. The updated camera and the water and dust resistance I would wait. Not too much of a change other than that. And I'm sure next years phone is gonna be unreal! Up to you.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No.

I did it. Might return it and go back, to be frank.

The camera is actually worse. Ridiculous compression and noise reduction in the photos. Not very detailed output.

Get a $300 P&S with optical zoom and call it a day. Will blow this camera away and save you half a grand. They aren't hard to carry around. Some people's wallets are almost as big.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If u can live without the new speakers. The updated camera and the water and dust resistance I would wait. Not too much of a change other than that. And I'm sure next years phone is gonna be unreal! Up to you.

Ditto. I updated. But I have upgraded every year since I came to iphone.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the 6s plus to the 7 plus. Thought I would regret the upgrade but the camera takes some awesome pictures. I also upgraded my wife who had the 6s plus to the 7 plus. Don't regret either upgrade. Also joined the Apple installment program which will get me the annual upgrade when the next phone comes out.

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I went from a 6 Plus to a 7 Plus & honestly I think I would have been just as happy keeping my 6 Plus. I like the 7 Plus. However, it's not a super huge change. I would suggest waiting if you can.

anon(9419666)

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I recommend that you only switch phones every two years, but if you can afford it then get it. However, there is not much difference between the two models.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Should I upgrade to the 7 plus or wait until the next model? I currently have the 6s plus.

Thats a difficult question to answer. The answer rhymes with 'You should' :p

But seriously though, unless your phones isn't doing what you need it to or, you really want that 'Dual Camera' i would say wait till 2017 model. :)

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Up to you, really. If you have the money to spend, go for it. On the other hand, if your 6s Plus is still perfectly functional, maybe hold out until the next Plus iPhone?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Should I upgrade to the 7 plus or wait until the next model? I currently have the 6s plus.

All depends on you. The 7+ is solid and if you need the latest and greatest then yes. You know the next model won't come out until around September or so, so you would still have a solid time with the 7+ before the new model comes out.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Already mentioned this in a similar topic.

If you need others to convince you if you should upgrade, then the new phone isn't appealing enough to you. IPhones should sell themselves, you would know already if you should upgrade. Else, just wait until one comes out that you really feel you need to upgrade for.

khkeet

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
The question you need to answer for yourself is what features on the iPhone 7 do you need that you don't have on your current phone? If there aren't any compelling additional features, why spend the money on a new phone for you - just buy me a new phone, because I am still on a 5S ;)

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

It always depends on personal choice and of course, personal finances. It isn't a major upgrade, but if you can afford it and want the few major improvements, go for it. It also depends if you think you'll still be able to buy the 2017 iPhone.

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I would wait for the 7S or 8, whatever they release next, they're bound to improve things like the camera and processor, etc.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Probably not. If you're asking the question, it means you don't NEED to upgrade. The 8 will be much more of a change than the 7+.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711