Was 16GB Enough storage for you?

visberry

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Now that Apple has officially dropped off 16GB of storage on iPhone 7, did anyone actually manage to use it comfortably without any issues, send us your storage screen to see how much 16GB really is!

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I am planning to buy one 16gb iphone 6s for my daughter. I would like to understand, whether it would be sufficient to use ios10 on 16gb device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that Apple has officially dropped off 16GB of storage on iPhone 7, did anyone actually manage to use it comfortably without any issues, send us your storage screen to see how much 16GB really is!

Throughout the years, it was "easy" for me to get by with 16 GBs of storage in regard to my iPhone and probably still could. I'm not one to put stuff on my device that I won't use and I don't store a ton of photos & videos. Furthermore, I only stream music to it. I have 128 GB storage now, but I know that it is way more than I'll ever need.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I always had the lower storage iphone's until I got the iphone 6 in 2014 and I got the 64 GB. When I first got an iphone it was back in 2008 with the iphone 3G and it only had 8 GB of storage. I don't know how I managed thinking back on it ha. Then for the iphone 4 and 5 I had the 16 GB and never had a problem. Now I have 128 GB 7 plus and it's nice to have the extra space. But now I don't think a 16 GB could work with apps growing in size as well as pictures and videos taking up more space. IOS 10 alone takes up like 2- 4 GB I think. 16 GB would only work for folks who don't do much with their phones or stream alot of content.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Throughout the years, it was "easy" for me to get by with 16 GBs of storage in regard to my iPhone and probably still could. I'm not one to put stuff on my device that I won't use and I don't store a ton of photos & videos. Furthermore, I only stream music to it. I have 128 GB storage now, but I know that it is way more than I'll ever need.

Basically ^

16gb doesn't feel like a struggle for me at all. I take photos and then I delete them. I do the same on my laptop even. I try whatever apps I want, and I delete what I don't use (Not as a space saver, it just seems silly for me to keep what I don't use).

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It isn't just storage space but the 32gb has significantly slower write times which can impact performance under certain situations

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
When I first tried iOS I had a 16gb 6S Plus as a loaner. I am not an app hound, but have about 40 apps I use regularly. By the time I got everything loaded and downloaded I only had 2 gig left. I stream most of my music and let clouds handle my photos, but 16 would not have been enough for me in the long run.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5S with 16 gb and it definitely wasn't enough for me. I limited myself to a couple of apps, (like around 12), and had to stream basically all of my music (I kept only 1gb of downloaded music), and keep my photos on the cloud. I now have a 128gb iPhone 7 Plus and even though I'll never fill it, it feels good not having to worry about storage at all.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It WAS back when I had a 16gb 4s but even then I was hitting close to max. When I got my 5s I went with 32gb. Now with 7+ I went with 128gb since I know I'll be taking a ton of pics.

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
16 gb was plenty for me. I used Google and iCloud for storing everything. I usually had 5-7 gb available at all times. That's why I only bought the 32 gb 7 plus. I have unlimited data and wifi everywhere.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
All my IOS devices thrue my years had 16 gb storage. Both my daughters and wife have 16 gb IPhones and they manage it. All of us are using Google photo. I had no problem with that amount of storage. Now I have a IPhone 7 with 32 gb and have a lot of space

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
personally- I would say no- if you could swing the size up that would be better. With some online storage juggling it is possible

I am planning to buy one 16gb iphone 6s for my daughter. I would like to understand, whether it would be sufficient to use ios10 on 16gb device.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
16 gig ended up being too challenging for me, especially since I like to take a lot of photos and videos. I had to constantly upload my photo's to my computer before any event to ensure I had enough storage space. At first it was okay but it got pretty annoying quick. If your daughter is into taking photos, I would not recommend the 16 gig especially since live photos eat up a lot of space.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't even imagine only having 16GB. I feel like I barely have anything on my phone right now ( 1.5 pages of apps, no videos, no music and less than 100 photos) and I'm already using 15GB.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

If you don't play a lot of games, and don't intend on taking 4K videos. Yes, it should be fine.
However, you may find problems a year down the line and things might get tight. Normally i wouldn't worry case about the storage size because you could always add a microSD card. but unfortunately Apple doesn't support that.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I have about 40GB in use and 18GB still available. Only have a few small games on it, the rest are photo's, music and offline maps.

I had a 16GB 4s before this but it was really juggling with pictures...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh