Suggestions Welcome: Best skin/wrap or thinnest case possible for my 7+ ?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to go naked with my matt black 7+ but it's just a tad bit to slippery.

I've been checking out D-Brand and other companies skins, while also trying to find the thinnest case possible, I just want to add some extra grip to my 7+ without adding any bulk.

If I go with a skin/wrap do the black carbon fiber ones add any extra texture and grip ?

Thin case or wrap suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Davyo

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
dBrand is supposed to be pretty good — they've obviously bought a lot of hidden ads on YouTube so maybe my mind is poisoned, but they worked for me…

Brian W1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Before I got my 7 Plus I put the Dbrands carbon skin on my S7 Edge. The carbon has a kind of dry textured feel to it. It definitely would be better than the stock iPhone 7 plus as far as being more tacky to the fingers. The only problem I had was the thin side of the S7edge were so thin, any pressure would make the skin slide out of place. The iPhone would probably be better suited though.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The Peel is garbage. I've never been a huge fan of dbrand, but some people like them. I have used bestskinsever and they are great.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually quite satisfied with my Peel.

Yeah, sorry about that, I should have clarified. I'm not a fan of it because I think it makes the phone even more slippery. I love the thinness of it but the slipperiness and the fact that I had one just fall apart after a couple of months kind of soured me on it. Glad you like yours, I just didn't care for it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, sorry about that, I should have clarified. I'm not a fan of it because I think it makes the phone even more slippery. I love the thinness of it but the slipperiness and the fact that I had one just fall apart after a couple of months kind of soured me on it. Glad you like yours, I just didn't care for it.

I wonder if they made any changes to the material with the iPhone 7 version. I would never call it "grippy" but it also doesn't feel as slippery as a naked iPhone to me. It hasn't started to fall apart on me after a month. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏼

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they made any changes to the material with the iPhone 7 version. I would never call it "grippy" but it also doesn't feel as slippery as a naked iPhone to me. It hasn't started to fall apart on me after a month. Fingers crossed! ����

That could be. I had one for the 6S Plus and it was like ice to hold on to. It did get slightly better over time but it ended up cracking where the volume buttons are. Never dropped it, it just wore out on me. Maybe they improved the iPhone 7 version.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I just ordered both the Carbon Black skin and the Naked Matt skin to try out, their 40% off the listed price at the moment so it was cheap enough to order and try them out.
(Or perhaps they are always 40% off, typical sales tactic, hehe)

Even though I ordered the SlickWraps, feedback is still welcome on cases or wraps, as I have no idea if I'll like the SlickWraps or not ?

And thank you to everyone that replied to my thread so far.
Cheers
Davyo