Pixel Owners are so annoying. I used to be one. It's embarrassing. iOS is amazing.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How did I miss this thread?

Yes, Pixel owners are highly annoying. "Buttery smooth" seems to be the phrase du jour that just needs to die a fiery death. I'm having a conversation with some of them and they think that the Pixel "just works" and is "the best Android phone ever" because of the smooth software experience. I laugh at that. The 128GB Pixel XL almost costs as much as the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus but it lacks IP67 rating, it lacks OIS, the camera has terrible lens flaring issues, it has weak LTE and WiFi signal, it has a boring design (what's up with that glass back?), it has pointless bezels, and there's no stereo speakers.

Lmao it really seems like you have an axe to grind with the Pixel.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
...except that there isn't. The only good thing about the Pixel is the software. Everything else sucks about it. The hardware is a huge disappointment for a phone in that price point. If the Pixel/Pixel XL had decent water resistance ratings and higher storage options, I probably would've kept it. But considering that it lacks many of the great hardware features that are currently present on Samsung and Apple phones, it's just no contest. I don't know why many are willing to give the Pixel such a pass when it doesn't deserve it.

I guess it depends on how how excited you are about dual speakers and water resistance. To me they don't matter at all. To some like you they may. To others, headphone jack may be the deal breaker, or presence of virtual reality. Some might say the iPhone sucks for the price range since it doesnt have a good assistant, a headphone jack and lacks VR.

I have an iPhone 7 plus and never used a pixel, so I don't care that much, just think people get too wrapped up in stupid phone comparisons, or assuming what matters to them personally is the end all be all.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried one for a couple of days and it sucked. I don't know why so many Android bloggers are willing to excuse its problems and lack of features.

I feel like I hear these same things being said about iPhones lately. It's possible that the Pixel, like our iPhones, do everything the owners need and they don't require more features just for the sake of features?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I feel like I hear these same things being said about iPhones lately. It's possible that the Pixel, like our iPhones, do everything the owners need and they don't require more features just for the sake of features?

Having IP67 on the iPhone 7 Plus isn't there just for the sake of features. It's there so that if we accidentally spill wine or water on our phones, it won't die. Water resistance isn't some frivolous feature thrown onto phones. It's necessary, especially on a phone that costs OVER $1,000, like my 256GB 7 Plus.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.
Whining about the whiners...nice. Glad you found a home a iOS. Enjoy it.

Tech_User16

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.
Funny, since I feel the same way even with the Android devices I PICK. Take the Nexus 6P. I NEVER rooted or flashed anything since having it. It just worked that well for me "out the box". Smooth and polished still. I even like the camera.

This OnePlus 3T I'm testing. The options and ability to change/customize WITHOUT rooting is a huge pro for me. It not perfect. But the pros outweigh the cons. Especially when I think about what I paid for this 128GB model compared to other devices.

Maybe I will go back to using my 256GB iPhone 7 Plus as my daily driver. But that doesn't take away anything from the other devices.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Having IP67 on the iPhone 7 Plus isn't there just for the sake of features. It's there so that if we accidentally spill wine or water on our phones, it won't die. Water resistance isn't some frivolous feature thrown onto phones. It's necessary, especially on a phone that costs OVER $1,000, like my 256GB 7 Plus.

Yet our phones JUST got that feature...
Not to mention I've never exposed my phone to liquid and I personally would be fine without water proofing. It's not necessary in a world where we can purchase cases for waterproofing if our needs require it. I personally wouldn't look down on any phone that lacks it.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention I've never exposed my phone to liquid and I personally would be fine without water proofing. It's not necessary in a world where we can purchase cases for waterproofing if our needs require it. I personally wouldn't look down on any phone that lacks it.

I think some people just feel the need to look down on certain phones, for some reason.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

My house has never burned down but it's still covered under fire insurance. I don't understand that argument. Nobody should be arguing AGAINST water resistance on super expensive mobile devices. Why spend an extra $100 for a LifeProof case to add water resistance on a device when it should already have that feature?

And one of the reasons why I purchased the iPhone 7 Plus after I had to give back my Note 7 was because of the inclusion of an IPXX rating. If the new iPhones didn't include water resistance this year, I would've gone back to the S7 edge or the S7. I'll never purchase a phone without water resistance ever again.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My house has never burned down but it's still covered under fire insurance. I don't understand that argument. Nobody should be arguing AGAINST water resistance on super expensive mobile devices. Why spend an extra $100 for a LifeProof case to add water resistance on a device when it should already have that feature?

And one of the reasons why I purchased the iPhone 7 Plus after I had to give back my Note 7 was because of the inclusion of an IPXX rating. If the new iPhones didn't include water resistance this year, I would've gone back to the S7 edge or the S7. I'll never purchase a phone without water resistance ever again.

I'm not arguing against it. I'm simply saying I'm not going to bash another phone over a feature our phones JUST got this year. Would I rather have it than not? Sure. But I'm also not going to point fingers at a phone that doesn't have it.

Having used many devices over the years, I just feel everyones needs are different. Me having an iPhone doesn't make me feel better than anyone or that I've got the superior device to anyone. It simply means I have the best device FOR ME. Pixel owners, I'd imagine, have the best device FOR THEM. It's not really a contest unless you make it one.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
So returned my Pixel and am back using my iPhone 7. The things I liked about the Pixel had nothing to do with Android actually. I actually liked the hardware. I know, right? But I thought the fingerprint scanner in the back was great and super fast. Already miss it.

Weird though is if scanner is on back why not make the chin smaller. Does phone have to be symmetrical. Anyway...I guess what I'm saying is the people who using the device be "stereotyped" whether true or not is not an indictment on the phone. The Pixel and Pixel XL are great devices.

They just don't work best for me...so back to iOS it is. Which is obviously quite the change from earlier post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox