Pixel Owners are so annoying. I used to be one. It's embarrassing. iOS is amazing.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol nice one. Yes there are things on Android that needs optimisation, where iOS just gets better each OS release, beta or not.

To be honest, Android as it is on the Pixel is just about as optimized, and performant as iOS on an iPhone.

Pixel users are kind of annoying; but so are iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry users. When you hang around in areas where the fandom frequents, and your biases differ, expect to be annoyed by them.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
One of the advantages of today's phones and batteries are chips. The chips in our batteries do prevent overcharging. Even the iPhone Lightening charger has a mechanism that does not allow the Iphone to take in what it is not supposed to take in (energy wise)

It does more harm letting the battery go below 40%, harm in that it'll count the full cycle of a charge, than it is to frequently charge and top off.

So many people don't understand this.

I know people with iPhone 6 devices that can't get through half the day without their phone dying, while others have devices just as old that last almost as long as a mint device. All of this is because of the constant "drain to nothing" the former people wore their batteries out with.

Fast charging also wears the battery down faster.

JaggValor

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
It isnt going to. The battery will only charge as fast as the phone itself allows. If the phone is going to draw a max of 1 amp, its only going to draw 1 amp whether the charger is capable of only 1 amp or 100 amps. So if using a faster charger kills the battery faster, it will be an issue with the phone itself or the battery.

Ive been using Anker products for years now, all which charge faster than the included iPhone charger by a good margin. Have never had issues. If you want a good wall charger, with with one from the Anker Power Port series.

Thanks for this. I will check it out!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Android users in general are irritating. Yes, they talk about "screen on time" incessantly but that is such a bogus measurement. I can get more of that if all I do is read a book. Yet if you play games and only games, the "screen on time" is going to be less. And the stupid comments the typical Android fanboy posts is beyond irritating. They LOVE to talk market share like that makes Android better than iOS but when you remind them that marketshare of an OS that doesn't make money is meaningless, they just call you an ***** or something. And yes, I'm using a Note5 right now but going back to an iPhone soon.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.

Thats why i love Mac OS and IOS. I don't need a million tweaking settings and all the super detailed specs. Just give me a product that work perfectly. Mac OS and IOS is so smooth. The only thing i don't like is Apple is putting my wallet on constant diets LOL

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Android users in general are irritating. Yes, they talk about "screen on time" incessantly but that is such a bogus measurement. I can get more of that if all I do is read a book. Yet if you play games and only games, the "screen on time" is going to be less. And the stupid comments the typical Android fanboy posts is beyond irritating. They LOVE to talk market share like that makes Android better than iOS but when you remind them that marketshare of an OS that doesn't make money is meaningless, they just call you an ***** or something. And yes, I'm using a Note5 right now but going back to an iPhone soon.

Fans of either OS are annoying. Android fans can be nuts, but I've seen allot of rude and nutty IOS fans too. What they argue about is different, but while you can find Android fans who say the above, I see lots of IOS fanatics who are just we crazed the other way. No side is without its idiots, and I don't think either side comes off better.

I've had both, and like both, just fyi.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Fans of either OS are annoying. Android fans can be nuts, but I've seen allot of rude and nutty IOS fans too. What they argue about is different, but while you can find Android fans who say the above, I see lots of IOS fanatics who are just we crazed the other way. No side is without its idiots, and I don't think either side comes off better.

Weird thing is, I can find myself on both sides of the fence depending on what device I'm using. When I had the Pixel, I had no urge to go to iOS. But then I had to return the Pixel and there wasn't another device I was willing to consider. So I got the iPhone 7 and ask the great things about iOS and the iPhone sprang back to my consciousness. So now I find comfort in the ecosystem and love the features and speed of the device. Just a strange thing that happens to me.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I will be honest the pixel phone is very appealing but I have to admit I still like the iphone better. My friend has the pixel and constantly talks about how better it is than the iphone 7/ 7+ but we were walking outside after work and it started to rain a bit and I laughed because she got worried about her phone getting wet and I kept on using mine. I was like the pixel is missing water resistance huh?? We both laughed. But again the pixel is a good phone just like the Note 7 (was). Apple really needs to do a better job in keeping up with the competition because if the Note 7 hadn't had the problems it did the iphone 7 would have had some serious competition. When I upgrade phones again in two years, it's going to be a tough decision on if I stay with apple or jump ship with the way things are going.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Weird thing is, I can find myself on both sides of the fence depending on what device I'm using. When I had the Pixel, I had no urge to go to iOS. But then I had to return the Pixel and there wasn't another device I was willing to consider. So I got the iPhone 7 and ask the great things about iOS and the iPhone sprang back to my consciousness. So now I find comfort in the ecosystem and love the features and speed of the device. Just a strange thing that happens to me.

This right here! This meaning both of your comments.
I have an iPhone SE and an Honor 8, and I enjoy both of them, for the same reasons actually (give or take one, which I'm not going to get into, but if you wish to know, ask me haha). As these two show with their comment, you can like both. All or none is dead...except for the fans @jj2339 mentioned.

Last edited:

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Many reviews says that pixel is as smooth as iPhone is. For part I believe it can be so but from my experience the apps are where things go south.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Many reviews says that pixel is as smooth as iPhone is. For part I believe it can be so but from my experience the apps are where things go south.

Some apps. I'm still confused how the iOS versions of Google apps run better than the Android counterparts that are native to the operating system.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site

Having owned dozens on flagship Android devices in the past years, I can tell you with 100% confidence that ALL android phones start out smooth.... apps and daily usage quickly change that in as little as a few weeks.

The hands-off file system of iOS is what keeps iPhones running so well. The fragmented, every-man-for-himself file structure of Android is its downfall.

Until that changes, the fate of all android devices will be the same. When the processors get faster, it will just take a bit longer before they inevitably slow down.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Having owned dozens on flagship Android devices in the past years, I can tell you with 100% confidence that ALL android phones start out smooth.... apps and daily usage quickly change that in as little as a few weeks.

The hands-off file system of iOS is what keeps iPhones running so well. The fragmented, every-man-for-himself file structure of Android is its downfall.

Until that changes, the fate of all android devices will be the same. When the processors get faster, it will just take a bit longer before they inevitably slow down.

Having jumped back and forth with many phones myself, I agree with this assessment.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
As a Nexus 6P owner, I was somewhat disappointed that the leap from that phone to the Pixel is minimal IMO. The three things that pull it ahead are the tweaked camera, better optimization between hardware and OS, and Google Assistant. But, leaving out water resistance, a move back to a single speaker (vs. the dual speakers of the Nexus 6 and 6P), a scratch-prone partial glass back, and the higher price point were turnoffs for me. Having said all this, and as Mr. Mobile pointed out on AC, the intent is the phone to bridge the best of both what purists want (the Nexus line) with what the mainstream consumers want (Samsung, LG, Lenovo/Moto, etc.), and so far, this is working.

I feel the app experience that people complain about wouldn't be so if devs caught up to hardware advances faster. But keep in mind that unlike iOS where you're serving up one phone series and tablet, there's literally hundreds of iterations of Android devices in the market. Devs have to design the apps to work with the majority of them, from say an entry-level device all the way up to flagships. For instance, I'm as of this writing running my 6P on the Dev Preview to Android Nougat 7.1.1 (nearly identical OS as the Pixel). Some apps are crashing just because they've not gotten up to speed to the new OS.

Sort of on a sidenote, why the heck did they not change the charging ports for the iPhone 7s to the USB-C standard? People may rag on them, but you have a number of Android flagships that can natively connect to the 2016 MacBook Pro and 12" MacBook, but you can't do the same with the iPhone 7s.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes it's about the side you are but of who you are, getting what you need is always better than having more and more each time, I use my phone (not an iPhone so far) very basically so I don't need the level or personalization, also I know it not only depends of the specs, sometimes it's about how optimized the OS is with the Hardware, with Android you simply can't totally optimize both things because the core of the OS is made by Google and the parts are made by an army of companies.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Having said all this, and as Mr. Mobile pointed out on AC, the intent is the phone to bridge the best of both what purists want (the Nexus line) with what the mainstream consumers want (Samsung, LG, Lenovo/Moto, etc.), and so far, this is working.

I see your point, but this has no more appeal to the mainstream than the Nexus 6p. Other than marketing saying so and pushing it that way.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Sort of on a sidenote, why the heck did they not change the charging ports for the iPhone 7s to the USB-C standard? People may rag on them, but you have a number of Android flagships that can natively connect to the 2016 MacBook Pro and 12" MacBook, but you can't do the same with the iPhone 7s.

Proprietary port that Apple either sells their own cable or charges a licensing fee to other mfg's who make it.
The forum slogans of it just works should be, its only money...

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
To better honest I don't see why people complain about three lightening port so much. I had the USB c on my note 7 and it was certainly better than the mini USB I'd been using for years before that on all the other Android devices but I actually prefer the lightning connector. Why? To meet it seems more of a sturdy connection less prone to being bent and also less likely to bed pulled out while plugged in. USB c was fine too but I think I like the lightning port a little better. I just like how it feels when you plug it in and out. Feels very should to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox