Pixel Owners are so annoying. I used to be one. It's embarrassing. iOS is amazing.

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Sigh. You're not supposed to admit that stuff guys, you're supposed to make them think you're the trophy! Next thing you know, you'll be doing the dishes instead of chopping the wood + beer!!

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Has this been proven to not kill the battery?

One of the advantages of today's phones and batteries are chips. The chips in our batteries do prevent overcharging. Even the iPhone Lightening charger has a mechanism that does not allow the Iphone to take in what it is not supposed to take in (energy wise)

It does more harm letting the battery go below 40%, harm in that it'll count the full cycle of a charge, than it is to frequently charge and top off.

JaggValor

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
One of the advantages of today's phones and batteries are chips. The chips in our batteries do prevent overcharging. Even the iPhone Lightening charger has a mechanism that does not allow the Iphone to take in what it is not supposed to take in (energy wise)

It does more harm letting the battery go below 40%, harm in that it'll count the full cycle of a charge, than it is to frequently charge and top off.
Thanks for the explanation.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a Pixel owner too. I loved the phone until it malfunctioned. I actually thought that it was better than my current iPhone 7. But I will have to concede that the iPhone is faster, camera is better, and form factor is more comfortable. The iPhone is also more reliable in performance.

Pixel just released, and you already got it. I smell BS. I love my 7plus, I'm loving it. But pixel is a solid phone.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I breathe a long sign of relief when I return to ios. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't know why I torture myself going back in forth. I guess just a need to scratch the technology itch, but its becoming costly and not a wise decision when ios works for me. I completely understand. Its a hassle always trying to figure out why your battery is bleeding, etc.

Rest assured, you are not alone. :D

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've zero phone/platform bias whatsoever as I regularly switch between ios, Android and even a Windows Phone. I very nearly went for the Pixel XL from my Galaxy s7 but opted for the iPhone 7 plus at the last minute. I do love it to bits but one thing the Pixel and many androids have is Fast Charging and once you've had that boy do you miss not having it. I've forgotten how sloooooow and painful it is waiting for the iPhone to charge.

Try the Apple USB-C charger, with USB-C to Lightning cable. That's all I use now. SO much faster than that nasty charger Apple ships with its phones.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Has this been proven to not kill the battery?

It isnt going to. The battery will only charge as fast as the phone itself allows. If the phone is going to draw a max of 1 amp, its only going to draw 1 amp whether the charger is capable of only 1 amp or 100 amps. So if using a faster charger kills the battery faster, it will be an issue with the phone itself or the battery.

Ive been using Anker products for years now, all which charge faster than the included iPhone charger by a good margin. Have never had issues. If you want a good wall charger, with with one from the Anker Power Port series.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR