Pixel Owners are so annoying. I used to be one. It's embarrassing. iOS is amazing.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Lol nice one. Yes there are things on Android that needs optimisation, where iOS just gets better each OS release, beta or not.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I always use the analogy of iOS being like you're favorite restaurant and Android being like a buffet. With iOS you always know what you're getting with all of the hardware. It's the same experience, for the most part. Android you get a lot more options but results and experiences vary by device. With that said, I use iPhone 7 Plus as my main device but am looking to pick up a Pixel of 6P to try some Nougat.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I breathe a long sign of relief when I return to ios. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't know why I torture myself going back in forth. I guess just a need to scratch the technology itch, but its becoming costly and not a wise decision when ios works for me. I completely understand. Its a hassle always trying to figure out why your battery is bleeding, etc.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

Wow dude I can completely understand where your coming from. I was with android and had every flagship since the very first G1. I used to obsess about the same crap and I am soooooooooo happy to be over all that. Now I just use my awesome IP7plus and enjoy it's speed and smoothness. Battery is great and games run like butter. Simply awesome. Really. Oh and I loved my Note 7 but IOS and the IP7plus are just a better overall fluid experience. No hitches and stutters etc.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow dude I can completely understand where your coming from. I was with android and had every flagship since the very first G1. I used to obsess about the same crap and I am soooooooooo happy to be over all that. Now I just use my awesome IP7plus and enjoy it's speed and smoothness. Battery is great and games run like butter. Simply awesome. Really. Oh and I loved my Note 7 but IOS and the IP7plus are just a better overall fluid experience. No hitches and stutters etc.

We rock!!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've zero phone/platform bias whatsoever as I regularly switch between ios, Android and even a Windows Phone. I very nearly went for the Pixel XL from my Galaxy s7 but opted for the iPhone 7 plus at the last minute. I do love it to bits but one thing the Pixel and many androids have is Fast Charging and once you've had that boy do you miss not having it. I've forgotten how sloooooow and painful it is waiting for the iPhone to charge.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I've zero phone/platform bias whatsoever as I regularly switch between ios, Android and even a Windows Phone. I very nearly went for the Pixel XL from my Galaxy s7 but opted for the iPhone 7 plus at the last minute. I do love it to bits but one thing the Pixel and many androids have is Fast Charging and once you've had that boy do you miss not having it. I've forgotten how sloooooow and painful it is waiting for the iPhone to charge.

I bought a charger from amazon that was highly rated and is safe for Iphones. It charges my IP7plus as fast as fast charging did on my Note 7 and my wife's current Note 5. It's really awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2844741

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I used to be a Pixel owner too. I loved the phone until it malfunctioned. I actually thought that it was better than my current iPhone 7. But I will have to concede that the iPhone is faster, camera is better, and form factor is more comfortable. The iPhone is also more reliable in performance.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's all I seemed to do each day being on Android. Install GSAM right away and watch it and pray for 4.5-5 hrs screen time lol.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I always use the analogy of iOS being like you're favorite restaurant and Android being like a buffet. With iOS you always know what you're getting with all of the hardware. It's the same experience, for the most part. Android you get a lot more options but results and experiences vary by device. With that said, I use iPhone 7 Plus as my main device but am looking to pick up a Pixel of 6P to try some Nougat.

Best way to explain it.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Has this been proven to not kill the battery?

Well in my opinion I do believe any type of fast charging involves higher amps than traditional slower charging. Which I believe does slightly degrade the battery a little faster than slow charging. That said, I'm really not to worried about that since I only keep my phone's a year and then I upgrade. I've been using fast charging from Samsung on all my note devices since they introduced it on the note 4 and haven't had a problem. I'll take the super fast charging over a slightly longer lasting battery. By this time next year I'll have an ip8 plus.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Well in my opinion I do believe any type of fast charging involves higher amps than traditional slower charging. Which I believe does slightly degrade the battery a little faster than slow charging. That said, I'm really not to worried about that since I only keep my phone's a year and then I upgrade. I've been using fast charging from Samsung on all my note devices since they introduced it on the note 4 and haven't had a problem. I'll take the super fast charging over a slightly longer lasting battery. By this time next year I'll have an ip8 plus.

Good call. I'm on the yearly iPhone upgrade plan with Verizon. Such a good feeling belling locked into something like that for sure!!

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I haven't tweak a thing since I left my Nexus 6P. I leave everything on except when I go to the airport. I **** off wifi so it doesn't connect to open networks. I charged my phone halfway through the day because I was on it all day from GPS to Pok?mon Go to messaging and social media. I was still at 45% which is still going to last me from 5pm to 10pm but I might be using GPS and playing Pok?mon

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site

It's not that I disagree with you that the iPhone 7 Plus is a better buy than the PXL. It is. It's just that you kinda take obsessed to a whole new level I haven't seen since "rhymes with havenslord" :rotfl:

J/K with you, but on a serious note, my enthusiasm for iOS gets mitigated by my almost daily requirement for a more robust way to manage files than iOS provides. I manage to get it done but it sure doesn't "just work". On PC's, Macs, Android, and even BBOS and WP "write once read anywhere" are actually the OS's "it just works" Ironically not so much with iOS.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I've been friendzoned again!
4c67c889503c9aec6beda8edcd893fe6.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods