Pixel Owners are so annoying. I used to be one. It's embarrassing. iOS is amazing.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking on the Pixel XL bit, I've decided to go with the 7 plus. I'm gonna give IOS a try...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, how is your battery life on the 7? What kind of user are you. Now I'm debating if I want the plus or not. I don't want to have to charge my phone during the day

My battery life on my iPhone 7 is about the same as it was with the Pixel. It lasts me my entire day. I'm not really a power user. I keep my Bluetooth and wifi on all day. I never turn them off. I have my brightness set to halfway. I stream music and podcasts for about 3 hours a day. The occasional video or game when waiting for something or someone. I make a lot of calls and send a lot of texts. If I take the phone off the charger at 6am I'm usually good until about 8pm.

vondrook4

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey, how is your battery life on the 7? What kind of user are you. Now I'm debating if I want the plus or not. I don't want to have to charge my phone during the day

I'm a pretty heavy user and can almost ALWAYS make it to the end of the day without charging. I came from a 6 Plus and I wasn't satisfied with the battery life, so I think this 7 Plus is just way more efficient.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm a pretty heavy user and can almost ALWAYS make it to the end of the day without charging. I came from a 6 Plus and I wasn't satisfied with the battery life, so I think this 7 Plus is just way more efficient.
I asked about the regular 7, I definitely need the plus model for battery life

Levaka

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I used to be a Pixel XL owner (and would still be) but it got stolen so I'm on a friend's LG G3 until my iPhone 7 Plus arrives.
I liked the Pixel. It didn't have layers on layers of crap (Android + Carrier + Manufacturer). I think I'll like the 7 Plus for the same reason.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a Pixel XL owner (and would still be) but it got stolen so I'm on a friend's LG G3 until my iPhone 7 Plus arrives.
I liked the Pixel. It didn't have layers on layers of crap (Android + Carrier + Manufacturer). I think I'll like the 7 Plus for the same reason.

What made you decide to get the 7 Plus instead of getting another Pixel XL?

Levaka

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
What made you decide to get the 7 Plus instead of getting another Pixel XL?
I had an iPhone 5 prior to the Pixel and I liked my experience. However, I still decided to give the Pixel a shot, since I thought it seemed to be an interesting device.
Although I REALLY liked what I saw in Apple's September Keynote, I still decided to go with a Pixel. But since it got stolen, I have seen that as a good opportunity to try that 7 Plus, combined with iOS 10 and if I end up disliking it (which I highly doubt), I can always return it within 14 days and get another Pixel!

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
May be in wrong forum but have been with Droid about 6 years, currently on s4. Am thinking about upgrading. Stepson and few others are happy with iphones. Others tell me to stay with droid. What is big difference and how hard is it to switch to iphone

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been on the iPhone 7 plus for a good long while and I must say it's about as perfect an iPhone you can get. But Android still feels like a more familiar device choice for me...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe at some point iOS had to become more complicated. With more customization and features comes more complications.

Agreed. I feel like over the last few years Android and iOS have pretty much become close to a draw. Android has gotten cleaner and smoother (more iOS-like) while iOS has started to add more features and therefore more settings to dig through (more Android-like). They both still have their weaknesses but those are getting to be fewer and fewer.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I feel like over the last few years Android and iOS have pretty much become close to a draw. Android has gotten cleaner and smoother (more iOS-like) while iOS has started to add more features and therefore more settings to dig through (more Android-like). They both still have their weaknesses but those are getting to be fewer and fewer.

They are becoming more alike, therefore, making it easier to switch between the two platforms.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.

How did I miss this thread?

Yes, Pixel owners are highly annoying. "Buttery smooth" seems to be the phrase du jour that just needs to die a fiery death. I'm having a conversation with some of them and they think that the Pixel "just works" and is "the best Android phone ever" because of the smooth software experience. I laugh at that. The 128GB Pixel XL almost costs as much as the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus but it lacks IP67 rating, it lacks OIS, the camera has terrible lens flaring issues, it has weak LTE and WiFi signal, it has a boring design (what's up with that glass back?), it has pointless bezels, and there's no stereo speakers.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I think ultimately you've got pros and cons to both platforms. Some apps are better on one than the other, and vice versa. Each platform has advantages and disadvantages. The people who cry out how superior theirs is over the others need to get a life, and I see an equal amount of that on both sides of the equation.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I think ultimately you've got pros and cons to both platforms. Some apps are better on one than the other, and vice versa. Each platform has advantages and disadvantages. The people who cry out how superior theirs is over the others need to get a life, and I see an equal amount of that on both sides of the equation.

...except that there isn't. The only good thing about the Pixel is the software. Everything else sucks about it. The hardware is a huge disappointment for a phone in that price point. If the Pixel/Pixel XL had decent water resistance ratings and higher storage options, I probably would've kept it. But considering that it lacks many of the great hardware features that are currently present on Samsung and Apple phones, it's just no contest. I don't know why many are willing to give the Pixel such a pass when it doesn't deserve it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
...it has a boring design...

This is....interesting....

We all like our phones. I love my iPhone. Though I peek at the Pixel here and there. I don't think I'd categorize either group of owners as anything though. Nothing wrong with taking pride in our devices regardless of what they are.