Back to Apple

Arcyn

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I am one of the Note 7 users. After all this drama, I decided to go back to Apple. Just got the I7+ in Black Matte and it's nice. However, I am feeling underwhelmed.

I want to love this phone. Maybe I am missing some features. Please help me fall in love with Apple again.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congrats on your new phone.

I am not sure what I can say to convince you to enjoy Apple products again. I have been an  user for many years and have always enjoyed them. What features are you looking for? I have the 7+ and really enjoy it. The quickness, the camera, the apps all work well. Give us an idea of what you're looking for and maybe we can help you further.

Arcyn

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the congrats!

So far, it's fast , the camera seems good, speakers are better and all my apps are back. Nice to have all the board games back I purchased in the past.

Maybe I am missing some of the features of customization.

She is a nice phone...

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the congrats!

So far, it's fast , the camera seems good, speakers are better and all my apps are back. Nice to have all the board games back I purchased in the past.

Maybe I am missing some of the features of customization.

She is a nice phone...

I go back and forth between Apple and android all the time. Actually was going to get the Note 7 before all the problems and the announcement of the 7 plus.

It's the same iOS that ur used to. The part that differentiates itself from android is that it's stable and it works. Battery life is also superb. Also Apple Pay works reliably as well. Apple is also a fashion statement so there r plenty of accessories and cases to choose from.

mellonxcollie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a Note 5 and I have a 7 Plus on order. I was debating between getting the 7 Plus, Note 7 or the new Nexus/Pixel XL. The Note 7's issues and eventual discontinuation and the Pixel's Verizon carrier exclusivity made my choice for me.

I get what you're saying about being underwhelmed though. I don't have my phone yet, but at the end of the day, iOS is iOS, and that familiarity is either a positive or a negative depending on the person. Like you two, I switch been iOS and Android almost yearly, so there a few things I'll miss.

Specifically, I'll miss the ability to place apps wherever I want on the homescreen, rather than having that mandatory grid. What's the point of customizable wallpapers if you can't see them?
I'll also miss the frequent Google Rewards questionnaires that give you Google Play credit, as it gives you more incentive to just try out new apps on a whim since you aren't really losing anything.
Lastly, I'll miss VR. I wish Apple had a VR solution, especially since their phones perform better in gaming than Android phones.

That said, I'm excited for dual-lens camera, and I'm happy to be back in the Apple ecosystem. I can finally use my Watch again.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I can almost guarantee next year to coincide with the Iphone 8 launch and new screen tech and resolutions will be a VR launch add on for the IP8/plus etc. I'm willing to bet there will ne a whole ecosystem around it just like samsung did. Which is pretty cool btw. I've had 2 versions of the gear VR and like it very much. I'm really hoping Apple goes forward with a big VR presence.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The Notes are AMAZING phones, I've owned them all except for the 7, same for ALL the Galaxy's,,, but I've also owned every model of iPhone ever made, except the 5c.
I recently got rid of my Note 5, S7 and S7 Edge and I'm currently loving my iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
For me, the iPhones are my favorites because of the way they play so nicely with my 13 iPad Pro and Air 2.
There are plenty of times when I miss my Notes or Galaxy's but with the 7 series of iPhones Apple has been able to catch up a bit to Samsung, the camera on the 7 Plus is just as good if not a little better than the Samsung's now days, so that's another reason I'm very happy with having an iPhone now.
Had the Note 7 stuck around that would be a tough call, but since the Note 7 is history that makes the 7 Plus the clear winner for me and keeps me from missing my past Samsung's.

Cheers
Davyo

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Good choice to return to the iPhone and also good choice with the matte black iPhone 7 Plus. I personally own a rose gold iPhone 6s, but I saw the matte black iPhone 7 and 7 Plus at an Apple Store back in September and thought it was just lovely.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am one of the Note 7 users. After all this drama, I decided to go back to Apple. Just got the I7+ in Black Matte and it's nice. However, I am feeling underwhelmed.

I want to love this phone. Maybe I am missing some features. Please help me fall in love with Apple again.

Personally for me, i love the camera. The ability to optically zoom and not digitally zoom is amazing (something the note 7 didn't have). You also get a really nice battery. Im sure it lasts longer than the Note 7 as well. You have really chosen a great device. Hope you enjoy it. :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Once you get past customizing your icons and widgets and actually start USING your phone, you'll understand. Hours and hours and hours are wasted doing that stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen