Do you leave apps running in the background or close them?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I close the ones that get only occasional usage. Otherwise apps like Tapatalk Pro, Messenger, iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, Mail and others all stay open unless they are acting up. It helps keep the app switcher a bit cleaner and easier to look through.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't close them. I leave them open all the time. I did the same thing with Android. Just leave apps running and only a few would drain the battery due to poorly written code for Certain apps

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I used to obsessively close out apps. I read that it's actually counterproductive & haven't done it since. The only time I really do is if the app isn't working.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I normally just leave things run, and force close apps that is rather niggly wanting to be closed (not refreshing)

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Only ones I shut down with regularity are Facebook, Messenger and my SlingBox app, since they're such resource hogs.

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I would think open apps burn more data. Am I wrong? I guess some apps continue checking in and using data in the background??

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I never swipe them away. I just let the iOS manage them. I also have background app refresh turned off on the ones that are resource hogs.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I always closed apps when I was done using them because I thought having them up running drains the battery faster (expecially ones that use GPS locations). But now I might leave a few running since folks are saying IOS handles apps pretty well and automatically closes older apps etc.

jprice912

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The only one I really close down is Facebook since its a resource hog and still seems to run in the background even though I have it turned off

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW