I am another who needs help choosing.

kiwimo

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, help me please! Finished my contract for my iPhone 5s back in March, despite my battery dying every time I use it I managed to hold out until the 7 was released. I have been flip flopping for about 3 weeks now- buy the 7 or the Plus. I was all set to buy the 7, I thought the size was good, I like to exercise with my phone and the battery seems to be very decent.

I played with a 6s yesterday for reconfirming the attractiveness and thought I was using my old phone-didn't seem to feel like the size was much of an improvement. I have played with the 7 Plus in the store, it felt good loved the design although it is a tad awkward in size.I love the idea of the enormous battery and the extra ram but wonder if the novelty of a big screen will wear off before my 2 year contract will finish-had that problem with the original Galaxy Note. The 7 is a good size for my lifestyle but there is something about 7 Plus that is nagging me to buy.

The size is a trade off for the extra benefits-battery lasting all day and then some , great camera although not a deal breaker for me and blazingly fast(supposedly). Also in my flawed logic, the 7 plus would last longer (keep up performances) than a 7 over a 2 year period because of better internals or are they the same???
Anyway, currently leaning towards the Plus. if anyone has 2 cents worth then I am all ears. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the novelty of the big screen will wear off, but it's size will simply appear normal after a while. Having said that, I bought the iPhone 7 and kept it for exactly 2 weeks and loved it. I really did. My mind was all but made up to keep it until the next iPhone is released, but at the last moment, I exchanged it for the iPhone 7 Plus. I miss the size of the iPhone 7, but I do not regret getting the iPhone 7 Plus, especially being that I had previously owned the iPhone 6S Plus and the iPhone 6 Plus before it...

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Only you can decide. No one knows your use cases. For me, the plus is lovely but way too big for me. You have a 14 day window to decide so go with one and use it for a few weeks and if you don't think it'll work for you, swap it out for the other size.

kiwimo

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't buy through the Apple store so once I buy I will be stuck with it. My carrier over here in South Korea doesn't offer a return policy which is a bummer.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I suggest the Plus, though as others keep saying, it really depends on what you want. You get used to the size of the phone and quickly adapt to it and the screen makes it a better experience. I actually bought a 7 first, because I wanted to go back to the smaller form factor, and within a week I had to trade it in for the Plus.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't buy through the Apple store so once I buy I will be stuck with it. My carrier over here in South Korea doesn't offer a return policy which is a bummer.

In that case go with the plus. It sounds like you're leaning that way anyway.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
I understand the hesitation I went through the same thing with the note 2. That being said I purchased the plus and haven't looked back. I hated the size of the note 2 after a few weeks but the 7 plus doesn't seem that big after you use it for a few days. Hard to believe but that was my take on this new phone. Everyone is different but I think you would like the plus. I pick up my wife's 6 now and it seems too small.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the 7. I have become more partial to the smaller sizes recently. I looked the one-handed use of the iPhone 7. I downloaded the Google keyboard so I can gesture type and the experience is great on the smaller device. I also like a previous poster indicated workout with my phone. The more compact device is better for that. And it looks more like a phone than a tablet to me. I know everyone likes the bigger battery in the Plus, but my battery life had been really good on my 7. And one of the best things is that the iPhone 7 is cheaper than the Plus. And I would like to end with that I love my iPhone 7 even though I really war bummed about getting it.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Just to let you know, although the 7 plus camera is fast, there are other cameras out there that are significantly faster than the 7 plus.

kiwimo

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied. You all helped me make up my mind. Off to the phone shop in the next few days to get the Plus!:yes::)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal