Love it but may have to return it :(

jesfriday

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Long story short I ordered the matte 7 plus 256 preorder and it arrived a week after launch day. Well I couldn't wait and went to store and got a matte 7 256, because that's all they had. For economical (I hate ATT) reasons I returned the 256 plus via mail. I never really used it because I knew I would get attached. Well they sent it back because I didn't turn off the find my phone. Now I want to keep it! Do you think they would notice if I sent the 7 back instead of the plus? HA yes, I am sure. Well I am now trying to figure out how to justify keeping this awesome phone. It is so much better than the 7. I live the size of the 7, but the plus is worth the size. Grrr I say I will not do this and every year I do this!

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you've had the 7 past the return period then you're stuck unless you sell it on swappa. I say try and sell the 7 and take the funds and get a 7p. Chalk it up to impatience tax.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they will notice that you returned the wrong phone and you may cause yourself a lot more grief.

Call your carrier, don't speak with regular customer service, ask for Loyalty or Retention department. Explain the situation to them and they may be willing to help. If not, do as badMojo said and sell the 7.

Good luck

jesfriday

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I should call them.. I mean I would rather poke out my eye... but it's necessary. If that doesn't work, I will sell and recover what I can. I really should try more patience with these devices!

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
you could always go back to the store and explain the situation? If it's still in the return period you should be able to return it without questions asked.

jesfriday

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely no luck with att. They are never helpful, and even transferred me around to the Spanish line and then back to automated hell. I guess that was my added bonus for thinking that calling them would help. The store near my house is even worse and some of why I couldn't return the 7 in my 14 days. I am going to sell the 7 and take my penalty. Apple Store from now on!

I just like the bigger screen, better camera and battery. Yes the 7 is better sized for carry. Absolutely glad I am keeping the plus!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro