iphone 7 shipping delays

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to update here, but fortunately they called me on Thursday and delivered it. I'm really happy with this phone but, I hope by the next time I upgrade (basically in 2 or 3 years) that Apple got better on supplying more stock... I know I don't live in a country where Apple thinks it should invest a lot (a proof of that is that we don't have any official Apple Store, we have a Apple Premium Reseller that basically uses the same design as an Apple Store but lacks a Genius Bar and all the cool things.)

I feel this year was really bad. I mean even when they first launched the larger models (6&6+) I do not remember these types of delays. You would think this being the 3rd year with it they would have it down, guess not.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I feel this year was really bad. I mean even when they first launched the larger models (6&6+) I do not remember these types of delays. You would think this being the 3rd year with it they would have it down, guess not.
Well here in Portugal I remembered having some delays on the launch go the 6 and 6+, because at the time I wanted to buy my first iPhone (it would be a 6...) but I waited like until the first week of December (there were some stores with it, but I received 200€ off since I bought the new iPad, so I really had to buy it there), and I had to give up because the code was close to expire before the estimated shipping date and they wouldn't even let me pay it upfront (so I could use the code on time), so I had to go with the 5S (which I don't regret cause it is still an amazing phone)

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered my 7+ JB right when it went live. I was originally told to expect mid-October, but ended up getting it late Sept. I'd suspect that if you were to order now, the phone would arrive much sooner than stated.

As to why the delays happened in the first place? Obviously their demand forecast was off. It happens. No way though could have foreseen the Samsung recall. I also thing the demand for the 7+ was much higher than anyone thought it would be.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered my 7+ JB right when it went live. I was originally told to expect mid-October, but ended up getting it late Sept. I'd suspect that if you were to order now, the phone would arrive much sooner than stated.

As to why the delays happened in the first place? Obviously their demand forecast was off. It happens. No way though could have foreseen the Samsung recall. I also thing the demand for the 7+ was much higher than anyone thought it would be.

I wish that were true...unfortunately, I called Apple yesterday to confirm that all is well with my order. I asked why people who order today (one month after I placed my order) have the same shipping time frame as I do (end Nov to mid Dec) and I was told that demand is high and they are still expecting deliveries to arrive during that time, no earlier.

Torch4x4

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Ordered my 7 plus 128 black in verizon almost 2 weeks ago with a delivery date of December 3!!, it was sold out! ...but last week noticed that was available online and called them on November the 3rd to cancel my order and place a new order, the phone arrived on the 7th. that was fast!

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am a VERIZON customer and a few weeks ago a friend of mine called and said our local cooperate store had a couple of 7+ 256 Matte Black in stock he went that afternoon and got one. I went first thing next morning and they were gonna but I checked online and they had them in stock. Due to an issue I had they shipped no charge overnight. May keep checking online.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Placed order for 7+ 128 on 11/2 with delivery date 12/2-12-9. Was surprised to see my order go preparing for shipment today.

Lucky! I placed my order 11/6 and it said a delivery time of 12/5 - 12/12. Now for some reason the delivery time says 12/12 - 12/19 even though shipping estimates have changed since I ordered from 3-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:

anon(8547461)

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm... Not sure why people are having these delays. I ordered my 7+ 256GB on Friday via AT&T. It's already on its way and will be here Monday. Now apparently AT&T IS having delays stocking in their stores.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm... Not sure why people are having these delays. I ordered my 7+ 256GB on Friday via AT&T. It's already on its way and will be here Monday. Now apparently AT&T IS having delays stocking in their stores.

Was that for jet black? If so, I should have ordered from AT&T instead of Apple!

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
i started this thread 2 weeks ago and i am still waiting even for an update from Telus on when my phone might ship.

Good luck. Rogers website also has all models on back order.

I ordered direct from Apple October 7, with a ship date of Nov 30-Dec 14. I just saw last week for the first time that most stores in my area had stock for one day only, I couldn't get to a store and by the next day, the Apple website says stores won't have stock until Dec 21.

I also called Apple to see what was going on with orders if stores are getting stock...they said that store stock has nothing to do with website orders and they are still on track to ship within the window they gave me, no earlier.

I don't think Canada is a priority for deliveries.

Good luck with Telus, hope you get your phone soon.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. Rogers website also has all models on back order.

I ordered direct from Apple October 7, with a ship date of Nov 30-Dec 14. I just saw last week for the first time that most stores in my area had stock for one day only, I couldn't get to a store and by the next day, the Apple website says stores won't have stock until Dec 21.

I also called Apple to see what was going on with orders if stores are getting stock...they said that store stock has nothing to do with website orders and they are still on track to ship within the window they gave me, no earlier.

I don't think Canada is a priority for deliveries.

Good luck with Telus, hope you get your phone soon.

Well you're closer now than you were before. Here's hoping you get your device in the next couple of weeks Please keep us posted

gkpachal

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone 7 plus from Rogers on September 14th. I have not received any update from them as to expected delivery date. However, at this pace, I may be getting a iPhone before I get my iPhone 7 plus. I am still 197th in the queue to get my iPhone. I noticed that I could walk into the local Apple store and get the model that I wanted. I know the retail and carrier supply chains are different but that seems a bit ridiculous.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2