iphone 7 shipping delays

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am in Canada and I ordered ip7+ jet black 256gb direct from Apple on October 7 with ship date ranging from November 30 to Dec 15.

Wow that is a long wait. I pre-ordered mine through Telus on the pre-order day and received it within 3 weeks. May I suggest checking with your carrier to see if they could get it faster for you.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow that is a long wait. I pre-ordered mine through Telus on the pre-order day and received it within 3 weeks. May I suggest checking with your carrier to see if they could get it faster for you.

I refuse to tie myself into a carrier again, I like the flexibility of being able to threaten to leave so I get a better deal when I call to negotiate my plan. I have a great plan with Rogers and don't want to change that right now because nobody has anything that is priced near my plan. I have also checked Rogers site and would have to wait still as they have no stock.

Thanks for the advice though.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I refuse to tie myself into a carrier again, I like the flexibility of being able to threaten to leave so I get a better deal when I call to negotiate my plan. I have a great plan with Rogers and don't want to change that right now because nobody has anything that is priced near my plan. I have also checked Rogers site and would have to wait still as they have no stock.

Thanks for the advice though.

You're welcome.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget that delays and back orders are oftentimes used at ploys to make consumers think that the product is a must-have. I'm not saying that Apple is doing this, but I'm not saying that they're not either...

I'm saying they're not. No, I can't prove it in a court of law. But every time there's a shortage of an Apple item, someone plays this card.

I think it's ridiculous to think that Apple needs to create an artificial demand. They want to sell every singe phone they can. Every initial sale they don't make is one they risk losing to competition. Just because a lot of Samsung phones (compared to other brands) caught fire doesn't mean that customers of their products will switch to Apple products. Some will, most won't.

If Apple were really concerned about creating 'must-have' buzz they wouldn't offer pre-ordering and make us like up for the phones just like the old days.

I don't know why Apple is having so much trouble this time, especially since so many tech bloggers said this phone line-up was/is especially unremarkable.

Creating demand by implying a shortage is long time ploy used by the likes of the Home Shopping Network and talk radio advertisers to sell as many products of dubious value as possible. Creating demand by not selling phones is ridiculous.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Don't even talk about it, I pre-ordered one on day one through my carrier website (MEO here in Portugal), and since Apple didn't ship enough iPhone's 7 Plus they hadn't enough to meet my order, and I'm still waiting (roughly one month and half) for Apple to send a new shipment!! That's insane! And I didn't even get the Jet Black or I would probably only get it on iPhone 8 launch...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying they're not. No, I can't prove it in a court of law. But every time there's a shortage of an Apple item, someone plays this card.

I think it's ridiculous to think that Apple needs to create an artificial demand. They want to sell every singe phone they can. Every initial sale they don't make is one they risk losing to competition. Just because a lot of Samsung phones (compared to other brands) caught fire doesn't mean that customers of their products will switch to Apple products. Some will, most won't.

If Apple were really concerned about creating 'must-have' buzz they wouldn't offer pre-ordering and make us like up for the phones just like the old days.

I don't know why Apple is having so much trouble this time, especially since so many tech bloggers said this phone line-up was/is especially unremarkable.

Creating demand by implying a shortage is long time ploy used by the likes of the Home Shopping Network and talk radio advertisers to sell as many products of dubious value as possible. Creating demand by not selling phones is ridiculous.
I did not say and I did not imply that Apple was creating demand by "not selling phones". I specifically mentioned that "delays and back orders". Remember, the OP is referring to shipping delays, i.e., iPhones that have been sold, but won't be delivered until weeks or months later.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
anyone get any kind of update? another week down of waiting

Still waiting here. No change in ship date.

I did notice that estimated shipping for people placing orders from the Apple website right now have shortened. IP7+ jet black 256gb now says "ships in 3-5 weeks"

Given that I ordered October 7th and my shipping time frame was (and still is) Nov 30 - Dec 14, you would think that Apple would have shortened up my shipping time frame to be closer to end of November. It drives me nuts that someone ordering today will have basically the same shipping dates as I have even though I ordered one month ago.

Has anyone had experience calling Apple to ask about their shipment? Is this one of those cases wheeler the squeaky wheel gets the grease? If I phone them, is it possible they may move the shipping window earlier?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
why is it that no one is talking about apples iphone shipping delays. It is actually insane to think that they have not updated carriers with any sort of expected date. i can't even find out why there is such a shortage.... why was supply so short right from the get go? and why is no one talking about it?

No cause many of us check the carrier site and go pick the phone up when one is in stock. Why wait till December when you could have had it weeks ago?

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I refuse to be tied to a carrier...

Do you have a store near where you live that may have them in stock? I ordered online but it was taking a while so I would just check the Apple website at night. I got lucky and found a sim free 7+ a little over an hour away (MB 256gb; exactly what I wanted). I reserved it last Saturday and picked it up when the store opened that Sunday morning and cancelled my online order.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Same phones. Just buy it and walk out. It's nothing to do with tying yourself down.

Enjoy the shipping delays, though

I'm not sure if we are able to do that in Canada. Even if we are, I have checked with Rogers (my carrier) and they don't have my phone in stock.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't even talk about it, I pre-ordered one on day one through my carrier website (MEO here in Portugal), and since Apple didn't ship enough iPhone's 7 Plus they hadn't enough to meet my order, and I'm still waiting (roughly one month and half) for Apple to send a new shipment!! That's insane! And I didn't even get the Jet Black or I would probably only get it on iPhone 8 launch...

Yeah that is madness. The whole point of a preorder is so they don't miss out on day one. Apple needs to figure something out. Either start production earlier, or wait longer before releasing it to many carriers.

mapaulo

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
No cause many of us check the carrier site and go pick the phone up when one is in stock. Why wait till December when you could have had it weeks ago?

thats not how it is done is Canada. Also the apple stores only carry the unlocked models. AAAnd i am on a corporate plan in which there is no brick and mortar store to go to to deal with them it is all on the phone and online.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah that is madness. The whole point of a preorder is so they don't miss out on day one. Apple needs to figure something out. Either start production earlier, or wait longer before releasing it to many carriers.

I forgot to update here, but fortunately they called me on Thursday and delivered it. I'm really happy with this phone but, I hope by the next time I upgrade (basically in 2 or 3 years) that Apple got better on supplying more stock... I know I don't live in a country where Apple thinks it should invest a lot (a proof of that is that we don't have any official Apple Store, we have a Apple Premium Reseller that basically uses the same design as an Apple Store but lacks a Genius Bar and all the cool things.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods