iphone 7 shipping delays

mapaulo

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
why is it that no one is talking about apples iphone shipping delays. It is actually insane to think that they have not updated carriers with any sort of expected date. i can't even find out why there is such a shortage.... why was supply so short right from the get go? and why is no one talking about it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that a good deal of people aren't concerned about it. Personally, I was able to get both an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 7 Plus in a relatively short period of time and without having to pre-order. Many others were able to do the same.

MeanMark

May 3, 2012
Visit site
If you live near a mall with an Apple store, go to the mall before it opens and the Apple store employees will take your name and ask what model you want. I went last Saturday and walked out with an iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black. Only downside was they only had the 256Gb model in stock but considering the 4K videos and the photos I'll be taking I think it will be ok. Not sure how much stock they had but there wasn't much of a line and you may be able to get it faster than the current shipping dates.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
why is it that no one is talking about apples iphone shipping delays. It is actually insane to think that they have not updated carriers with any sort of expected date. i can't even find out why there is such a shortage.... why was supply so short right from the get go? and why is no one talking about it?

What country? What carrier? Did you order directly from Apple? Or from your carrier?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was at my local T Mobile store yesterday and asked about delivery on a iPhone 7 plus 128 black and it's still saying late November or mid December which to me is ridiculous.

I have been in the manufacturing sector my entire life and with automation being where it's at today and the money Apple is making on this product. There should be more then enough to satisfy the demand.

You would have thought that having this same issue the past couple of new product launches they would have done something to improve it?

But here we sit waiting for product!! I feel for the folks who make commissions from selling their product, makes it hard to make a living when you have to tell a customer it will be a month and a half before they get their phone?

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I was at my local T Mobile store yesterday and asked about delivery on a iPhone 7 plus 128 black and it's still saying late November or mid December which to me is ridiculous.

I have been in the manufacturing sector my entire life and with automation being where it's at today and the money Apple is making on this product. There should be more then enough to satisfy the demand.

You would have thought that having this same issue the past couple of new product launches they would have done something to improve it?

But here we sit waiting for product!! I feel for the folks who make commissions from selling their product, makes it hard to make a living when you have to tell a customer it will be a month and a half before they get their phone?

I am in Canada and I ordered ip7+ jet black 256gb direct from Apple on October 7 with ship date ranging from November 30 to Dec 15.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I ordered mine from T-Mo on October 17th with a shipping range of Nov 28-Dec 19th. On Friday I got my shipping notice and it's being delivered this Tuesday, the 1st. On the Reddit T-Mo ordering thread people are ordering and getting charged the same day (you don't get charged until the phone is ready to ship). You might give it a try!

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I ordered mine from T-Mo on October 17th with a shipping range of Nov 28-Dec 19th. On Friday I got my shipping notice and it's being delivered this Tuesday, the 1st. On the Reddit T-Mo ordering thread people are ordering and getting charged the same day (you don't get charged until the phone is ready to ship). You might give it a try!
Which color, memory, etc.? I ordered a MB 7+ 32 GB on 10/22. I have the same ESD you listed. I'm impatient, of course, and hoping for earlier. I'm hoping to be charged this week.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I checked my carrier for the iPhone 7 plus black 128 which is what I got and it is in stock now . I also checked the pixel xl black 128 and that had a December delivery

177d92d80697d420604de3319a769e1d.png
970134092b9c845a4d8d1f8027b9f7c3.png

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I read a WSJ article that said that Apple didn't anticipate so many people being interested in the iPhone 7 Plus. Not only that, the Note7 recall was going on at the same time as the iPhone 7s came out and we Note7 users needed a phone with similar specs to replace our Note7s and the only logical choice was the iPhone 7 Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Don't forget that delays and back orders are oftentimes used at ploys to make consumers think that the product is a must-have. I'm not saying that Apple is doing this, but I'm not saying that they're not either...

iphoneenthusiast1989

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I checked my carrier for the iPhone 7 plus black 128 which is what I got and it is in stock now . I also checked the pixel xl black 128 and that had a December delivery

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/177d92d80697d420604de3319a769e1d.png//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/970134092b9c845a4d8d1f8027b9f7c3.png

I just did this same thing last night. My local store said in stock on the same phone I ordered. Like I've posted in other threads. I've found them in stock several places and could have gotten one. But they wouldn't give me the promotion I got when I ordered if I were to cancel the order and pick one up at the store. The promotion was trade in old 6s and get the 7 for free. So I've decided to wait. And save myself a lot of money. My 6s is still working just fine. So I'm able to wait. I dropped my phone in a bucket of oil at work like 3 months ago. It was an iPhone 6. I used insurance. They had sent me two bad refurbs on the 3rd one I received I opened the box and found a brand new sealed 6s they're mistake. I just took it and didn't say nothing and neither did they. So my phone is like brand new right now. And it made it possible for me to get that promotion. Good karma for being such a great person I guess. Lol. (As I didn't say anything about them sending me the wrong phone) oops lol 😂

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Canada too and, yesterday I walked into my local Apple Store and walked out with a 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black.

I am in GTA, Ontario and keep checking the Apple website and they show no stock of the iP7+ Jet Black in 256MB.

I have only ever seen one show up in Quebec (4+ hours one way is a bit too far to drive for a phone) and I saw one show up in Mississauga but I couldn't get there for a few days.

I don't want to settle for less, I use the phone for business, pictures etc. and I am afraid of settling for less storage.

mapaulo

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I am in Canada and i have to order through Telus for my corporate plan and i have ordered the iphone 7 plus matte black 128gb and i got an email from telus the other day saying they have no idea when i may receive my due to apple not telling them when they will ship telus stock.

It is just frustrating to think that there is no info out there as to why, and then on the flip side why people are able to walk into an apple store in Canada and buy one at full price. There seems to be a complete disconnect.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada. Had been planning to get the Note 7, but after the final nail in that coffin, decided to go a different route to get a top-notch camera. I ordered a 7 Plus matte black on Oct 19th, received it Oct 25th. No issues. It was interesting watching the update notifications as it moved from China all the way to me.

Lovin' it, btw. Except for the photos app. FYI, the "Move to iOS" Android app worked a charm.

Edit: I ordered online from Apple Canada.

Last edited: