Absolutely ecstatic about taking a bite from the Apple. Power User woes are ...

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Just another positive thread about how absolutely blown away at how premium my iPhone 7 Plus is. On top of that, the iOS is everything that I (never realized) would dream of.

Having been on Android since 2008, I couldn't found a more perfect time to jump into the IPhone world - especially now that I am locked into a new iPhone every 12 months through Big Red.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I also find myself wasting less time messing with my phone which equates to at least 60 minutes per day.

One of the only issues that I'm struggling with is the fact that I pridemyself on being an absolute power user on android. I can make anything happen, make anything work, and do anything on my android devices. With the new iPhone, I feel like I am simply lumped in with every other preteen an elderly person since it's all the same phone. I either need to get over that in my head, or learn some power user tricks and iPhone so I can stand out from the rest.

Love it,

Peace,

Matt!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Absolutely ecstatic about taking a bite from the Apple. Power User woes are all in my head.

Outstanding!, and we're glad to know that you're enjoying your iPhone as much as we are enjoying ours. Take care, and have a great weekend...:)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The ultimate "power user" struggle with iOS is giving up control. The Apple ecosystem is designed around handling much of the experience so that users can spend more time enjoying their devices and less time tinkering with settings and configurations. I consider myself a power user in many aspects but I've learned to really appreciate the simplicity that Apple's products and services bring to my life.

If you love your iPhone but want more control you could always look into jailbreaking. It's the iOS equivalent to rooting an Android device.

Enjoy!

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
The ultimate "power user" struggle with iOS is giving up control. The Apple ecosystem is designed around handling much of the experience so that users can spend more time enjoying their devices and less time tinkering with settings and configurations. I consider myself a power user in many aspects but I've learned to really appreciate the simplicity that Apple's products and services bring to my life.

If you love your iPhone but want more control you could always look into jailbreaking. It's the iOS equivalent to rooting an Android device.

Enjoy!

Thanks. I want to avoid jailbreaking as that will suck me right back into the rooting world that took up so much of my time, haha.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
One of the only issues that I'm struggling with is the fact that I pridemyself on being an absolute power user on android. I can make anything happen, make anything work, and do anything on my android devices. With the new iPhone, I feel like I am simply lumped in with every other preteen an elderly person since it's all the same phone. I either need to get over that in my head, or learn some power user tricks and iPhone so I can stand out from the rest.

Love it,

Peace,

Matt!!

You really think you are standing out because you are using Android? Or really any phone for that matter?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just another positive thread about how absolutely blown away at how premium my iPhone 7 Plus is. On top of that, the iOS is everything that I (never realized) would dream of.

Having been on Android since 2008, I couldn't found a more perfect time to jump into the IPhone world - especially now that I am locked into a new iPhone every 12 months through Big Red.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I also find myself wasting less time messing with my phone which equates to at least 60 minutes per day.

Love it,

Peace,

Matt!!

Apps may be a good way to fill your void. I consider myself a power user in that I'm on my phone most of the time and use it for many things. Apps help me do that. Sometimes I feel as though there's nothing I can't do.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
You really think you are standing out because you are using Android? Or really any phone for that matter?

What I meant was.... of the hundreds of different android devices, I had a Huawei Nexus 6P rooted running custom roms. Not many people could say that. That's all I meant.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
What I meant was.... of the hundreds of different android devices, I had a Huawei Nexus 6P rooted running custom roms. Not many people could say that. That's all I meant.

Jail Break it when it becomes available and you can mod to your hearts content.

Last edited:

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Apps may be a good way to fill your void. I consider myself a power user in that I'm on my phone most of the time and use it for many things. Apps help me do that. Sometimes I feel as though there's nothing I can't do.

Thanks. What are some examples of the apps you're referring to...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks for sharing some more of your experience. It will help people who are thinking of converting over but may still be sitting on the fence about it.

Osterlaus

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Download, edit, and assign ringtones one the phone without needing a computer.
Just curious: what is the real use case for this? I respect the need of customizing everything to the tiniest bits (like changing the Androids main font to Comic Sans), but is there really a undenyable argument for implementing it?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just curious: what is the real use case for this? I respect the need of customizing everything to the tiniest bits (like changing the Androids main font to Comic Sans), but is there really a undenyable argument for implementing it?

Since they've made it that you don't need a computer to activate an iPhone anymore, not everyone necessarily owns a computer that owns an iPhone. I barely touch mine since I've graduated and can do most everything on my phone or on my work computer.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
You can use iTunes to edit songs and make ringtones out of them.

Wayne,

I'm back on iPhone as well from android. So far I'm really enjoying it. I went with the 6s Plus. I use my headset nonstop while it's charging while I'm at work so I didn't want to go with the 7.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Wayne,

I'm back on iPhone as well from android. So far I'm really enjoying it. I went with the 6s Plus. I use my headset nonstop while it's charging while I'm at work so I didn't want to go with the 7.

I just ordered a 7 Plus. I miss my Apple Watch and iMessage and a lot of other stuff. :)