Keep or exchange my 7+, opinions pls? ?

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, long story short, I had an issue with screen and now the home button occasionally doesn't respond. I'm another 4 days away from my 14day return policy.
And to make matters worse, I have a 2 week business trip coming up, so I have to have a phone.

So my options are..
To refund and go without phone until the new stock arrives(traded in my only phone to get the 7+)
Or
To get the Jet Black phone.

Frankly, I'm only concern about the micro-abrasions affecting the resale value as that's the only way I can 'upgrade' my phone. Aus has no apple upgrade program.. 😭
I will be keeping my phone in a case, but I've read that even in cases, the Jet Black does get microabrasions.

What would you guys do? 😲

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
If you have time drop into an Apple Store and explain the situation. Maybe you can get an extension on the phone return.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I would just get the jet black. I have a 256gig jet black IP7plus and it's in a case and is mint. I mean can it get some micro abrasions down the road? Probably but so what, it's sexy as hell and will still be mint either way when I upgrade next fall.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I would just get the jet black. I have a 256gig jet black IP7plus and it's in a case and is mint. I mean can it get some micro abrasions down the road? Probably but so what, it's sexy as hell and will still be mint either way when I upgrade next fall.
Micro abrasions != mint. Any abrasion, scratch, fading, anything at all != mint. I don't know how many times I had to have this argument with people on Craigslist. Mint means flawless. /rantover

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have AppleCare I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens again Apple will replace the device, I'm sure. I wouldn't stress it too hard. If its working now, great. If the issue presents itself again, that's what AppleCare+ is for.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like these are standard warranty issues not, Apple care issues. Ask store staff their opinion. If they are in fact standard warranty, use the phone on your trip but book a genius appointment for when you return to deal with the phone.

If you are really worried, return the phone, buy a very cheap phone for your trip and get a new iPhone when you get back.

devilsturd

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I would get a refund. But. since you NEEd your phone for the next two weeks I would suggest going to an apple store and getting a replacement asap. You're paying a large amount of money for it, you deserve to receive a flawless service.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Exchange for a Jet Black. I'm sure you just got a bad one. I have the JB 7+ and it's been absolutely flawless, besides the software bugs that affect everyone.

amzi160586

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the 256gb JB 7+ plus for three hours and already managed a mark on the top..returned it that evening and got the matt..seems the best option as I'm not convinced it will hold up until next year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods