Real battery life...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
How is battery life for most of you on your iPhone 7 Plus...really? Is anybody getting over a day with moderate to heavy use like some of the hype surrounding the Plus size phones would have you believe? Before I went to the bigger phone...I read about people getting 2-days plus! Heck, I'm not all that much better than I was on my 6/6s/7. I mean, a little bit better. It's at 40% at the end of a work day instead of 20% like my 7 was...but I guess I was expecting a more dramatic inprovement.

Has battery live changed for you since "upgrading" to 10.1?

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm a power user. I run two businesses and constantly on my phone with emails and messaging. My downtime is in the evening with YouTube and browsing the net. I'm on phone calls about 45 min to 1hr a day (not a lot)

cb5904b3cf2b2a577d670f211dc69110.png

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Playing M?bius Final Fantasy with graphics and frame rate on high with sound I can get close to 6 hours sot.

Barely get half that in my 6+. Same with my old LG G4. That's amazing battery life. I haven't tried without gaming but one day I will and I assume I can get 2 days because I'm not texting, talking, web browsing and on espn app that much lol

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have 7plus. Playing Vainglory (this game has too heavy graphics really) . I can get 1 day. I charge my iphone at midnight,next day i charge my iphone at midnight again.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How is battery life for most of you on your iPhone 7 Plus...really? Is anybody getting over a day with moderate to heavy use like some of the hype surrounding the Plus size phones would have you believe? Before I went to the bigger phone...I read about people getting 2-days plus! Heck, I'm not all that much better than I was on my 6/6s/7. I mean, a little bit better. It's at 40% at the end of a work day instead of 20% like my 7 was...but I guess I was expecting a more dramatic inprovement.

A little better? 40% instead of 20%? That is 100% better. As for me, I am a relatively light user if the 7+, but have the phone on all the time and work in a place with virtually no cell reception in most areas. I make a few calls at night, but do my web surfing with my iPad. I am usually left with about 70-80% charge. On the weekends when I have better reception, I can go the entire weekend or even another day without charging.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I am a lite to moderate user of my iPhone, and I get two days, easy. However, I don't have social media on my devices anymore, and after removing the likes of Instagram and Twitter a while back, battery life has been very good. In addition, I'm not sure if my Apple Watch helps, but, I seem to reach for my phone less and less...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
A8118A17-C7EB-47F2-B252-4959E7D7CAE2_zpsnvvouqlj.png

7-hours? Maybe not so bad...but not as worldshaking as maybe I'd come to expect.

I do, however realize that big bright screens suck down battery life no matter what.

MrJizac

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Hands down the battery life on the iPhone is far far better than any other device, ahem Android. And that's not me just chirping, that's coming from someone who uses both regularly. However I do notice that the battery on the iPhone drains quicker while on phone calls, that's a battery strain for the device.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

As soon as i get my iPhone from iMore ill definitely let you know ^_^ ill perform any and all tests you like. :D

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not getting two days. I use my phone quite a bit. Streaming music, texts emails, checking news and sports and light phone calls. I comfortably get through a full day though and thats all I need. Never understood the need for multiple days. I charge my phone overnight every night.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm a light to moderate user but usually get about 4 days.
Although I did optimize some of the location settings. For instance I'm not using the track my locations feature.
Also I've checked all my apps in the location setting seeing that only the ones that I really want have always acces to location. The others only when I use te app.
Maybe that helps?

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've never gotten two days out my phone. I have to charge every night. I'm a moderate user & I'm not impressed with the battery life on my 7+. My phone's battery is almost always low when I get home & must charge it. I set it up as a new iPhone when I received it in order to try & avoid any pre existing problems with my old 6+. So far, the battery life has been so-so.

MeanMark

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a power user and too paranoid to not give my phone a charge when it gets below 60%. I could probably go all day but I end up plugging it in because I'm still used to the battery life from my 6. I guess I'll give it a try one day next week and not plug it in till the end of the day. Also, since the phone is new, I'm sure people are using it more than they did their last phones due to the new phone smell. LOL!

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It is definitely very good, compared to the old plus models but still pales in comparison to my backup Android phone, which is the only phone that can get me through a heavy day on one charge. By heavy, I am referring to 12-13 hours SOT. Granted iPhone didn't report SOT since last unplugged, so it is more of a guesstimate, but the iPhone definitely died much quicker and won't make it through my heavy day

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Well, my 7 Plus is getting over 7-hours of use time...which I guess is admirable considering other big-screen phones and their gluttony for battery life. Maybe I should just be happy, and I am. I guess I heard so much fanboy hype of 2-day-and-more battery life when the 6 Plus dropped that I thought it was to be expected.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR