Welcome to the dongel world. Electronics will change monthly as they improve.
    But what is improvement? I get higher quality screens or longer lasting batteries. If the jack was mutually exclusive for wireless sound I would also get it. If the only benefit is to shave another fraction of a mm from a device, that's not an improvement in my book.
    recDNA likes this.
    01-09-2017 03:58 PM
    But what is improvement? I get higher quality screens or longer lasting batteries. If the jack was mutually exclusive for wireless sound I would also get it. If the only benefit is to shave another fraction of a mm from a device, that's not an improvement in my book.
    Admittedly I don't see the improvement. The change in how I listen to music on my phone has been for the worse honestly. I love almost everything about my phone but definitely wish I still had the option of the headphone jack. For example,
    1. I used to be able to get into the cars of others and play my music through their aux cord. If I don't remember my dongle (which I typically don't because it's normally at work with my desk headphones) then I can't listen to my music.
    2. At home I often watch videos or listen to music. I've begun using my bluetooth headphones more often now but there are times where my headphones aren't charged. Previously it was convenient to grab any pair of headphones and plug them in. I can no longer do that. I do plan on purchasing a few dongles and placing them on headphones around my home. (Through years of smartphones I've got A LOT of headphones lol). The aggravating thing about this solution is that is more of my money spent for Apples "courageous" act.
    3. Using my bluetooth headphones outside when it's windy sucks. This may be the fault of my brand of headphones. I've heard good things about AirPods. I intend on getting a pair once stock increases. Hopefully this isn't an issue. (Although I may be nervous about using them in windy situations).

All in all though, I love my 7 Plus. But after several months without a headphone jack...I do miss it.
    But theres nothing that can be done. And complaints change nothing. Which is why I'm figuring out workarounds.
    duckduckgoose likes this.
    01-11-2017 03:15 PM
    I do miss the headphone jack since it was always better using corded over Bluetooth during voice calls. Although I have only used the dongle I e time after the first month of having my device.
    01-11-2017 09:50 PM
103 ... 345