Connectivity Issues...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm having a little very annoying issue that I can't figure out, and was hoping for a diagnosis from one of you that is more tech-knowledgeable than me.

I am having an issue with bluetooth connectivity. I pair my 7+ with my car (2014 Buick) easily, and it works well. I exit my car...and upon re-entering it, and trying to make a BT phone call, I find that my BT connection has failed and I must re-pair it to my phone again. This is not a sporadic thing...it happens almost every time. It's weird, because this was never a problem with my former 6 or 6s devices.

Secondly, I tether my iPhone and start using Pandora on my car. It starts working fine...but then, without warning, it drops the Pandora connection and goes to my default music player (iPod). It usually requires me to unplug my phone, and reconnect with Pandora to connect again. Again...this was never an issue with my previous devices.

Anybody got any clue?

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you also paired to a smart watch or anything similar? If so, the iPhone kind of sucks at handling multiple connections - ever since iOS 9.3.

If not, then idk. Have you checked for any Buick forums?

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a little very annoying issue that I can't figure out, and was hoping for a diagnosis from one of you that is more tech-knowledgeable than me.

I am having an issue with bluetooth connectivity. I pair my 7+ with my car (2014 Buick) easily, and it works well. I exit my car...and upon re-entering it, and trying to make a BT phone call, I find that my BT connection has failed and I must re-pair it to my phone again. This is not a sporadic thing...it happens almost every time. It's weird, because this was never a problem with my former 6 or 6s devices.

Secondly, I tether my iPhone and start using Pandora on my car. It starts working fine...but then, without warning, it drops the Pandora connection and goes to my default music player (iPod). It usually requires me to unplug my phone, and reconnect with Pandora to connect again. Again...this was never an issue with my previous devices.

Anybody got any clue?

BT on iOS 10 is a known issue. I was told by an Apple Rep that BT connectivity issues are being addressed with 10.1.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I've been in the beta program for iOS 10.1 and while there have been some improvements to BT connectivity, the issue that was described here seems to remain.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
BT on iOS 10 is a known issue. I was told by an Apple Rep that BT connectivity issues are being addressed with 10.1.

They aren't. The same issues are still there in 10.1. Kind of embarrassing they can't get this right. The problem has been around since the very first iOS 10 beta.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
They aren't. The same issues are still there in 10.1. Kind of embarrassing they can't get this right. The problem has been around since the very first iOS 10 beta.

It is rather crazy isn't it. I'm starting to think that they don't care much to fix it.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I can vouch for that. 10.1 did little or nothing to improve the situation, at least for me. I'm dropping WiFi connection at my home sporadically now, and my Pandora connection drops regularly in my car within 5-10min of initial connection. It's not a dealbreaker, since I love my phone...but it's super annoying, and you'd think Apple would get it right. At this point, I'm not wanting to exchange my phone since I would probably have to wait for a replacement seeing the top-line storage mine is. I guess I'll wait it out and hope they get it right with the next OS update or so.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't vouch for the car, but I can say that I have no problem with my UE Boom. I went on a bike ride for an hour and a half the other morning with my Garmin Fenix 3 and my UE Boom connected while playing Apple Music. I had zero Bluetooth issues. However, I did do a network reset the day I bought it, because I was having call quality issues. While it seemed to have fixed the call quality issues, it may have remedied any Bluetooth issues I may have had. I hadn't used my Bluetooth yet. So, I have nothing to gauge it off of.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
10.1 did not seem to solve the problem. I tried connecting a Motorola s11 BT headset and it kept cutting in and out. I am paired with Apple Watch as well. I haven't noticed the problem in my car, but I usually connect to CarPlay to stream. Since that is hard wired It's not a problem. Calls in my car seem to work fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro