How are you Jet Black users phones holding up?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I went into my local Apple Store today and just for kicks asked if they had any Sim Free Jet Black Iphone 7 Plus models. To my surprise they did. I already have the Matte Black but really missed the Jet Black as I swapped it for the Matte the day I got it. I went ahead and bought it.

Anyway, how are your jet black models holding up? Any case free people have any thoughts? Those of you using a case with it how is it looking if you remove the case?

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use a leather case at times. Other times nude. Had it 3 weeks and only 1 super tiny micro abrasion. I wouldn't go anyway but jet black. I swapped from matte black and matte still shows finger smudges. Just maybe not quite as bad but matte still gets smudgy.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am on the hunt for a SIM Free 256GB Jet Black and will likely put a clear skin on it for protection if and when I can find one. My Apple store had one yesterday but I was too late.

MeanMark

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Bought mine yesterday from the Apple store. Bought what I thought was a clear case from Best Buy and returned it because it had an opaque back. Ordered a clear case from Amazon which will arrive tomorrow. Just looked at the back of my phone and there is a scratch in the lower right hand corner of the phone. :(

anon(9059600)

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Jet Black iPhone 7 + in an Apple Silicone case since the day I received it. I took it out once to clean the back and around where dust and debris gets between the case and the phone and noticed a small scratch but, it's only noticeable under a light. I'm pretty sure it's from how the guy at the Apple Store handled my phone while trying to put on the Belkin invisiglass screen protector (he used 5 until he got it on perfectly)... Apparently he was new... But with that said the scratch shouldn't bother me since I'll continue to use a case.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Jet Black 10/21 and I have no scratches to speak of. I went an entire day without a case (that was long enough) until I put a Black Otterbox Commuter on it. I took the case off this morning, but lost my nerve to go naked (LOL ).

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine looks like it did when it came out of the box as it had an Apple storm grey leather case put on it almost immediately after taking the protective film off of it.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Odd scratch on the back. Very small. This is with the Apple leather case on. Probably getting the odd nick because I've wiped the back of my phone with my shirt. Also have some scratches all along the very top back of the phone. Might be from taking the phone out of the case a few times. Little bit of specs can get under the case and rub I guess

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine looks as good as it did last Friday when I picked it up at the apple store, went one day without and man that feel of this is different from the others IJS it is really nice. I now have it in the apple leather brown case and it looks good and snug, next week I plan on taking it out to clean the dust and stuff that builds and will report back. Can I say this I wanted to slap the dude at the apple store while he put the belkin screen protector on, he was just ho hum slap bam onto the machine deal and wanting to put his prints all over it while showing me the dang phone and protector. I was like dude please hand me the phone its been real but I am not new to this holla. lol...

MeanMark

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Bought iPhone 7 Plus last weekend from the Apple store. Didn't like any of the cases in the Apple store so I walked over to Best Buy Mobile and picked out what I thought was a clear case. Put the case on, walked a few feet and realized it was an opaque case and not a clear one. Went back into Best Buy to return it. I figured I'd order a clear case from Amazon and I'd have it by Monday. By the time the case came on Monday, the back of my Jet Black iPhone had so many "micro abrasions" and a decent sized scratch in the lower left corner I regretted not holding onto the case from Best Buy and returning it when my Amazon case came in. I only put the phone in my pocket by itself but apparently, it doesn't take much to scratch this phone. I'm on the Apple upgrade program so I'm not worried about resale value and I'll get the next phone in September.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I think it's pretty much impossible not to scratch it. I've babied mine in the Apple leather case and if in direct sunlight you can see the tiny scratches all over the phone. It has to be direct light or it looks scratch free.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my 7 Plus Jet Black on 10/6. There is one mark that I would call a scuff on the back at the very top but you wouldn't notice unless looking for it. I originally bought a Tech 21 Impact Clear case and although I loved the case, I think it's the scuff culprit. So I opted for an Apple Leather case instead which I used for a week and then took back and exchanged for a silicone one instead (the leather was way too slippery to me). I really like the silicone one and it's on the phone about 50% of the time. The Tech 21 case I liked the most but it doesn't work with the MMI in my car (blocks the connector) and it's hard to get off which is why I think the scuff was its doing. Lastly, there are little tiny "micro abrasions" on the phone here and there but you have to look at the phone in direct sunlight or under a really bright light at the right angle to see them so I don't care.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it's pretty much impossible not to scratch it. I've babied mine in the Apple leather case and if in direct sunlight you can see the tiny scratches all over the phone. It has to be direct light or it looks scratch free.

No, not impossible. I have ZERO scratches, even in direct sunlight...trust me I checked. My OCD had me nearly treating my Jet Black 7 Plus iPhone just like a newborn baby with the hospital blanket and all...LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro