I was a long time Samsung user. Now I own a 256GB silver iPhone 7 Plus and I absolutely love it. I had a Note7 before this, and an S7 edge before that, and I must say, I prefer the iPhone over either of those devices. It's so quick and snappy and the apps look so much better on it that I don't even miss Android. I toyed with the idea of trading in my iPhone 7 Plus for the Google Pixel XL, but I just couldn't do it. There's too much on the iPhone that is so great, both hardware and software, that blows the Pixel XL out of the water (heh, which the Pixel XL couldn't handle, getting dunked in a tank of water).
    10-22-2016 08:21 PM
    I know the Android can do more but the iPhone is stable. It just works. I made a review about it a few threads down. I was a Android fan and never liked iOS but since iOS8 or iOS7, it started to grow on me.
    10-22-2016 10:15 PM
    I am a new iPhone user, Is there no notification lights on this gadget?
    Smort likes this.
    10-25-2016 08:46 AM
    You are correct.
    10-25-2016 08:51 AM
    That's probably my biggest issue with the iPhone. However, it's not worth going back to Android over.
    PlainEnvelopes likes this.
    10-25-2016 08:59 AM
    You can turn on the back camera light for notifications or raise to wake.

General > Accessibility > LED flash for alerts
    1dtbrown, Rob Phillips and T48 like this.
    10-25-2016 10:27 AM
    I'm so glad you mentioned the Pixel... YUCK!!! I could go on a long, winding road of a tirade on that blatant iPhone Copy but I won't!

I was about to defect back to the iPhone (the last one I had was the iPhone 4) until I got the OnePlus 3, but that's another story.

In your adventure over to iPhones, I would say to realize that you won't be able to Background Download while the screen is off. This is something I do everyday on my OnePlus 3 as I download tons of files at once (mostly around 5-10 and I've done over 100GB of mobile data at one point) and unfortunately if and until Apple implements it on the iPhone, I just can't consider them at all. The other reason I don't think I can leave is Viper4Android with Dolby ATMOS sound. WOW!!!

But I still love you guys! Awesome forum!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-25-2016 07:22 PM
    I'm so glad you mentioned the Pixel... YUCK!!! I could go on a long, winding road of a tirade on that blatant iPhone Copy but I won't!

I was about to defect back to the iPhone (the last one I had was the iPhone 4) until I got the OnePlus 3, but that's another story.

In your adventure over to iPhones, I would say to realize that you won't be able to Background Download while the screen is off. This is something I do everyday on my OnePlus 3 as I download tons of files at once (mostly around 5-10 and I've done over 100GB of mobile data at one point) and unfortunately if and until Apple implements it on the iPhone, I just can't consider them at all. The other reason I don't think I can leave is Viper4Android with Dolby ATMOS sound. WOW!!!

But I still love you guys! Awesome forum!
    Good luck with everything! The OnePlus 3 is an awesome phone.
    10-25-2016 07:50 PM
    You're just trading one headache for another headache. I never understood why people "tweak" their phones to make it work. I've never had to "tweak" any phones I had in the past whether it was a android or iphone. It just "worked" out of the box.

You think iphone is so perfect watch this.

10-25-2016 09:06 PM

Who said the iPhone is perfect? OP is just saying that the iPhone tends to be easier to work with and require less tweaking. The vast majority of users with experience using both ecosystems would agree with that.
    Spencerdl and Premium1 like this.
    10-25-2016 09:17 PM
    You're just trading one headache for another headache. I never understood why people "tweak" their phones to make it work. I've never had to "tweak" any phones I had in the past whether it was a android or iphone. It just "worked" out of the box.

Fiuh .... one hour video full of complaint and frustration, in some stage , I even thought he would cry ....
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-26-2016 09:30 AM
    Fiuh .... one hour video full of complaint and frustration, in some stage , I even thought he would cry ....
    I remember when that Screech wannabe was just a kid on the internet.
    10-26-2016 08:35 PM
    All i can tell you now is that is iphone 7 plus works better and our performs any flagship Android that I've ever owned - by a landslide. Even the new pixel that I had the unfortunate experience of playing with for a few days.

With Android, I would get a new phone and say "wow, it can do this and that and his as well. Wow." Then after a day, I installed my 3rd party home screen launcher and it was just constant resizing widgets for the next 4 months until I got bored and moved to the next phone.

I have no desire to change anything about the iPhone.
    10-26-2016 08:40 PM
    If you are truly tired of tweaking your phone then IOS will work just fine for you. I was over it and this is my 1st iPhone and it's working just fine for me.
    Also " fragmented OS" will not be an issue for the Pixel as it will be the phone that the OS is designed for. Google will not care if OS updates are pushed to other phones. Why, because if people don't like it then they can buy a Pixel.
    I own a Pixel and I am returning it. It's still an Android experience. Poor optimization and some lag is still present. The apps are horrid also, going back to Android for a few days just made me appreciate iOS that much more.
    Aubbre4 likes this.
    10-26-2016 11:07 PM
    Hey, All...

OK, I've been on Android since day one, and I tend to hop to new devices or three times a year. I'm currently on a Nexus 6p, and it's the best phone I've ever owned as far as stability, speed, and fluidity of the user interface.

I took a step back and realized that 97% of the time I spend on my phone is trying to tweak it, rearrange it, and make it perform better. I'm getting tired of this wasted time. I pretty much do everything on my phone, so I want it to be efficient, reliable, and powerful. If there's something I simply can't do on my phone. I simply jump to my laptop.

The iPhone 7 Plus is the first time I've really considered an iPhone.

I was offended With the release of the Pixel XL and the death of the Nexus line as the Pixel is priced as a premium flagship, yet I KNOW it will still succumb to the lag and fragmented OS issues that have always plagued Android. I don't want to pay $800+ for anAndroid phone THAT I KNOW won't be able to live up to that price and promise.

Please give me words of encouragement and positive points.....and if it works, I'll be picking an i7p up as soon as the local Apple store gets one in Stock. I'm on Verizon, for what it's worth.

Also, I'll be honest - I always considered myself a power user on Android and there wasn't anything I couldn't do.... Video editing, sound editing, document editing, zipping, raring, uploading, file management, whatever.... I could do it. I liked being able to say that.

Is it possible to be a "power iPhone user?" that is, is the beautiful ecosystem too locked down to the point that you can't be as efficient and usable, or am I looking at this in the wrong way?

One example, if I want a new ringtone on my Nexus, I go to any website from my mobile browser and download a wav or MP3 file, trim it in an app, go to my file Explorer app, then click on the new audio clip and set as my ringer. From what I understand, it's not that easy on iPhone and I have to use a computer and iTunes.... I feel like that dependency takes away my freedom and ability to do what I want, and I kind of embarrassing - especially since I have been bashing Apple for so long about this very simple process. Please convince me other...

Im ready to join the Apple Gang!
    Ok. So you're completely correct. The reason I say this is because I have gone through the exact same thing and now I am sticking with iOS for that exact reason. The OS is amazing, and its incredible knowing that when I unlock my device I know I will not experience crashes or some stupid lag. However, the change will be hard, especially since you've been with Android for so long. There will be things that you think you cannot achieve with an iPhone but if you just research and keep to it, you'll find there is always a way. Think of it this way. You have the best of both worlds. Every Google service is available on iOS and honestly, they preform better than on Android, as crazy as that sounds. They look a little cheap and outdated but they are blazing fast. I have Google Business Apps and they work amazing with iOS. The comment re the iPad Pro is spot on. I would suggest looking into this as well to increase your productivity experience if thats what you are looking for. As far as I am concerned, Apple behind with hardware and programming, however, slow and steady wins the race. The Google features included in iOS 10 work better than on Google phones. Apple devs are just killing it! Good luck man!
    10-26-2016 11:14 PM
    ...going back to Android for a few days just made me appreciate iOS that much more.
    Yep, this is honestly one of the benefits having cut our teeth with years of hardcore Android use.
    10-27-2016 07:01 AM
    I'm going to be a voice of disagreement here a little. Our home is a mixed bag of devices. Wife and daughter are iPhone and iPad, while I use a Nexus 6P and also just bought an iPad a couple days ago. I'm extremely pleased with both! Where I disagree is one poster's assessment of Android performance on the 6P, mainly because unlike the OP, this was the first phone I did not feel any inclination to tweak at all and one year in it's still just as smooth as new. I use it as-is just like you would with an iPhone and can happily report that it's still working just as nice as our Apple devices here. I find all of our tech purchases over the last year to be brilliant compared to previous years. After reading your post, I don't think your Nexus 6P was the issue, I think your inability to resist spending so much time tweaking it was

Having said that I'll also be facing a dilemma like you when I upgrade at the end of 2017 because my choices will be either the 2017 Pixel XL or the 2017 iPhone plus. I didn't like the current Pixel either so if I don't like next year's, then I'll buy an iPhone. I won't even consider any Android phone from an OEM brand partner. I also agree with the member above who said a little homework goes a long way to find ways to do things with iOS you're used to being able to do on Android. For example yesterday I set up Safari on my iPad to sync bookmarks ongoing with my PC and Android Chrome browsers. I really only have one minor gripe with the 6P which is that I find it has a slightly weaker cellular reception than iPhones, probably uses a lower quality radio I guess. The ambient display feature is spotty too.
    10-27-2016 07:39 AM

Tech journalists and reviewers frankly are very unreliable because they're far more writers than they are techy. I don't want to get into trouble naming names but anyone here who's read the main page editorials on both Apple and Google products on the front pages of imore and android central knows the bias and sugar coating reputations certain writers have.
    10-27-2016 07:55 AM
    I own a Pixel and I am returning it. It's still an Android experience. Poor optimization and some lag is still present. The apps are horrid also, going back to Android for a few days just made me appreciate iOS that much more.
    I use all 3 (IOS, Android, Windows). I don't have an issue with Android Apps.
    10-29-2016 09:15 AM
    Was a time when you could not give me an iPhone. Loved Android and fact could customize. After iOS 6 I took the plunge and went Apple not looked back since and would not buy an Android. Like you I really got tired of customizing all the time. Every time got new phone would spend a whole day downloading my apps and setting up phone. Another reason stick with iPhones they simply work and work well.
    robthefive0 likes this.
    11-14-2016 10:26 AM
    Do it! I've been with Android since Droid X and I switched to iPhone 7 plus in September. I don't regret it for 1 second. I absolutely love the iPhone 7 plus, and I was an iPhone basher in the past. You won't regret it.
    11-14-2016 12:50 PM
    I was a lifelong android user and got tired of the tinkering and tweaking and just wanted something that would work and I could count on.

With that in mind, you are pretty much locked down with not much chance to modify the user experience.

Keep in mind you can buy the phone directly through Apple in their installment plan which gives you the option of divorcing your carrier if you choose. If you buy it from Verizon you are sort of stuck unless you pay the phone off in full. When you buy from Apple they contact your carrier for you and also you get Apple care included in the price of the installment plan which allows you annual upgrades.
    11-14-2016 02:17 PM
    Can't make up my mind I have both operating systems.
    11-14-2016 02:36 PM
    This is why I love jail breaking so much it gives the freedom and customization of Android but still keep what I love about iOS. Plus IMO I think the themes and tweaks to the springboard are better with a JBed iPhone versus an Android phone.
    11-24-2016 05:29 AM
    I have an iOS and Android phone, that way when I get bored with one I just use the other. Best of both worlds.
    11-24-2016 09:06 AM
54 123