Getting Over The "Bigness"

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The "Plus" phones are what brought me back to Apple. I went Android for the larger screens, but missed iMessage, and syncing that I didn't have to think about.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I went from 6S from launch until early summer to a Samsung J7 - always felt big and clunky despite being smaller than my 7 plus - software on a pretty crappy "midrange" phone must add to the illusion of girth, then to an SE - which was nice for one handed use but switching to that keyboard was a pain. Still think that style was the prettiest iPhone though. And now to my iPhone 7 Plus which I surprisingly didn't need much adjustment time for. It feels like home already.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Eep, I was planning on getting an Apple silicone case as well. Is it really that tacky that it's difficult to take out of pants pockets? If so I might as well get another leather case (I have one on my 6s+).

Ah, it's not so bad. Better than I would have thought...but when my leather case comes in tomorrow's mail, my silicone case gets returned. I just really like the Apple leather case.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Ah, it's not so bad. Better than I would have thought...but when my leather case comes in tomorrow's mail, my silicone case gets returned. I just really like the Apple leather case.

I like mine too. It held up well the one time my phone fell to the concrete. The case has a nasty scuff where it hit, but the phone is still pristine.

teamseabass

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
This thread is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks all who have contributed. Seriously considering the 7 plus, but as a phone in the pocket type of guy, I was concerned about the size. Sounds like most got used to it pretty fast. Back to patiently waiting for contract to expire. ;)

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I am used to bigger phones as I have used Notes for years. However, when I received my first iP7+ cases in the mail, they felt bigger to me in the hand than my current Note7. I was nervous so I ordered a Popsocket. I have read and heard that the Popsockets make one handed use so much easier among many other conveniences. I am looking forward to my iP7+ arriving later this week or early next week so I can try it out.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I cant wait for next year's plus model. Hopefully with the rumored redesign they will work on those bezels. No reason a 5.5" device should be so large compared to similar devices on android. Would love to go with the plus, but the width is really what kills it for me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am used to bigger phones as I have used Notes for years. However, when I received my first iP7+ cases in the mail, they felt bigger to me in the hand than my current Note7. I was nervous so I ordered a Popsocket. I have read and heard that the Popsockets make one handed use so much easier among many other conveniences. I am looking forward to my iP7+ arriving later this week or early next week so I can try it out.

That is because it is larger than the note 7. Samsung did a great job with the curve of the sides to make it feel even better in hand.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I love the look of the plus iPhone, but I would rather have the regular size. It just feels better to me and I like to use my smartphone one handed. The regular size just feels too good to me. But I used to be all about oversized smartphones.

mellonxcollie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently using a Galaxy Note 5, but I have a Jet Black 7 Plus on order. The last phone I had before my current one is the iPhone 6.

I'm <i>kind of </i> regretting going Plus over the normal iPhone 7, as I'm kind of over the big screen, not in the same way the TC is. While the screen is great for videos and games, I'm starting to miss the ease of use of smaller, one-handed phones. That said, I already ordered the Plus, and I have no intention of switching up my order. The size might be a bit much, but I'll definitely appreciate the larger battery and second camera lens.

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
My cousin decided to upgrade to the iPhone 7+, so she'll give me her 6+. I'll test it out for a bit before finally getting a 7 or 7+ later this month or next. I'm loving the last week or so of using a 5.5" phone, so I'll probably go with the bigger handset.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I love the look of the plus iPhone, but I would rather have the regular size. It just feels better to me and I like to use my smartphone one handed. The regular size just feels too good to me. But I used to be all about oversized smartphones.

Agree. Wish they would put all the same features in the smaller model minus screen size and battery like google is doing with the pixel.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't believe how fast I adjusted to the size. I came from a 5S to a 7+ so it was a huge leap. Now, I don't know how I ever lived on the 5S. I still use that one at the gym because its so small, but for everything else, I use the 7+. I have even found that I'm using my iPad less and less now.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have wanted a large screen phone ever since I got my first smartphone in 2011 , so no regrets . I think 5.5 to 5.7 is the perfect size. I would have liked a smaller bezel similar to the note 5 but it isn't a deal breaker

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
My cousin decided to upgrade to the iPhone 7+, so she'll give me her 6+. I'll test it out for a bit before finally getting a 7 or 7+ later this month or next. I'm loving the last week or so of using a 5.5" phone, so I'll probably go with the bigger handset.

My cuz just found out that she can get $$ for a trade-in, so there goes my free 6+. And now it looks like I'll have to wait tlll December or early 2017 to get hands on a 7+

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I started out with a LG G3 for my first 5.5" phone. Then Nexus 6P and now the 7+. It's hard to go back to a small screen even though I have a iPhone 7 from work. I think that screen is too small for me. I can type way better on my 7+ then my normal 7.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Thought I'd drop in. After a few weeks now with my Plus, I'm echoing what I've heard others say when they got the 6-Plus and were initially intimidated by the size..."I could never go back to a smaller phone".

Seriously.

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Thought I'd drop in. After a few weeks now with my Plus, I'm echoing what I've heard others say when they got the 6-Plus and were initially intimidated by the size..."I could never go back to a smaller phone".

Seriously.

Just used my Nexus to get some info on apps that I still don't have on the new phone. It feels so small at 5". I really can't see myself going back to anything smaller than 5.5". Especially with my worsening eyesight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2