Anyone using their phone without a screen protector?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm using my iPhone 7 Plus without a screen protector. Ever since Apple started with the 6 series and the rounded edges, I haven't used a screen protector. Mainly because my OCD concerning the "unfinished edge" look the screen protector gives doesn't sit well with me. I'm happy to say that I have not gotten a single scratch (micro as well) on any of my devices....Knocking on wood

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't use cases or screen protectors. No one drives around in a Camero with bubble wrap. Jay Z doesn't wrap Beyonc? up with aluminum foil. I have a Black 7 Plus, I'll never desecrate it with a case or screen protector.

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Was then decide to get one. Think it is waste of money but gives me piece of mind not about breaking screen because got a 6 on launch day and had Tempered Glass protector dropped it a week later and screen protector survived but screen did not. Only got protector to protector against any possible scratches

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Helllllllllll Nooooooo!!!!!
I have one on every phone. If I scratch the screen then that is the only frickin' thing I see. Drives me nuts! It's like scratching the paint on a new car. That being said, I've spent less on a car.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
When I had my 6S Plus (space grey) it had scratching on the top & bottom of the screen.
So now on my 7+, I'm using PureGear's tempered glass; it's annoying but I can't do with the scratches.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I always use Tempered Glass on the phone, I have a dozen extras, so if there is a mark or the edge comes up a bit, I can swap them out.

I used to use glass too, but any more with these new phones, any curve in the screen makes the glass screen protector come up at the edges and over time will not look good at all.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Had to get the glass one from zagg and I got to say it looks wicked with my symmetry case. Plus the lifeproof active clip makes the screen face out so yes gotta use one to be safe.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As stated in post #14, I don't use a screen protector. My Otterbox Commuter protects against drops. And I don't worry about scratches. In 15 months of use, my 6s Plus screen does not have the slightest blemish of any kind at all.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope, don't use them. Over months of use I may get a few micro scratches in the oleophobic coating that you can only see in just the right light with the screen off, but so far I've not developed a scratch in the glass itself on any of my iPhones. * knocksonwood *

kevgar

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Never had one, not sure I ever will. I am very careful with my phone. I usually have them on average 3 years and only upgrade for new features. But the cost of phones are making me consider it, I have to admit

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR