Anyone using their phone without a screen protector?

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6s. Had it for about 9 months now. Been using it without any screen protector and don't have any scratches. I just make sure that the pocket in which I keep my phone has nothing else in it. Your iphone screen is going to be just fine without the screen protector provided you exercise some basic precautions.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My 6+ was the last phone I put a protector on. Just turned in 6S+ for 7+ and apple tech mentioned what good shape the phone was in. With Apple Care a screen replacement is cheaper than the big name protectors and IMO phone feels better.

Yeah. I looked at my Apple Watch screen display and I don't see any scratches. Made me wonder about whether I really need one. Always disliked them as they rest up against the home button.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
To each their own.

I haven't had a screen protector on a phone since really early this year, I've cycled through a couple because of the Note 7 thing, I'm happier touching the actual screen. I already feel I have to put this awesome phone in a case.

I suppose if I decide I don't want a case on it a screen protector would be pertinent. I have insurance, and I'm considering buying Apple Care, so I'll deal with it as I go.

You have i think 30 days after phone purchase to add Apple Care -- you may already know this, but just in case!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You have i think 30 days after phone purchase to add Apple Care -- you may already know this, but just in case!

Yep! I just got the phone yesterday and am in the test drive/honeymoon phase, so I'm seeing if I like it before I hoof the bill for Apple Care. So far, I like it.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I hated the old screen protectors, but I love the glass ones. I had a Zagg glass plus then upgraded to the sapphire defense. I have a Zagg glass on all my devices.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I always use a screen protector it help when the phone is dropped never had a cracked screen. My kids never get protectors and they always get cracked screens.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Do any of the iPhone 7 plus tempered glass screen protectors at any of the brick and mortar carrier store completely cover the screen and bezels without having bubbling from the curved edges of the phone?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Do any of the iPhone 7 plus tempered glass screen protectors at any of the brick and mortar carrier store completely cover the screen and bezels without having bubbling from the curved edges of the phone?

I haven't seen any glass screen protectors, tempered or otherwise, at a physical store for less than $35. The most expensive one I found (so far) on Amazon was $20. I just ordered this one, I expect it Monday or Tuesday:

[h=1]iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, AmiCool Tempered Glass Protection Protector, [3D Touch Compatible] 9H Anti-Scratch Screen Protector for iPhone 7 Plus (Black)[/h]
It's supposed to be a matte finish.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I use IntelliArmor glass screen protectors and I love them. Way better then Zagg at a quarter of their price. I use them because I have two phones and usually have them on top of each other.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I had my iPhone 7 replaced and It had one on it from release day. Unfortunately, when i tried to take it off it cracked.
I have been meaning to email the people I bought it from but haven't worried to much about it. I should probably go ahead and get one asap I am a little nervous even though I like using it without the screen protector .

No screen protector

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I've always used a screen protector. It's just a force of habit. Ever since my 3G when I used the plastic ones. Then started using tempered glass on my 5.

Force of habit. Maybe false sense of security.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711