Sound Quality On Calls

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
How is everyone's sound quality? A lot of people that I talk to on the phone complain that I sound muffled on the phone. Anyone else?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How is everyone's sound quality? A lot of people that I talk to on the phone complain that I sound muffled on the phone. Anyone else?

I have not seen any complaints about sound / call quality. Only AT&T and Verizon (most) connection issues. Is something covering your microphone?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Am I the only one?

I am in a lot of iPhone forums and read 100s of iPhone / iOS articles. I have not seen another person post. I would suggest if it continues to get an appointment at Genius Bar and have them replace the phone. Make sure that the Apple Store has your phone in stock before going, or you may waste a trip.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My call quality in general has been lackluster at best. Had a call yesterday that was muffled. But most of my issues are (I believe) related to wifi calling.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Using Otterbox symmetry case. Today I had a call and the person I was talking to sounded muffled. I have Apple Care through my carrier. Perhaps I should get it looked at?

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have had outstanding call clarity (Verizon) with my 7 plus. I have had lots of connection issues, though. I'm hoping the update that came out yesterday has resolved that issue, though.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally haven't made a call on my black 7+ but my wife has on her RG 7+ and the clarity was so good that I could hear her convo clearly from about 5 ft away.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Using Otterbox symmetry case. Today I had a call and the person I was talking to sounded muffled. I have Apple Care through my carrier. Perhaps I should get it looked at?

If your phone is that new, it will be covered under manufacturers warranty. You shouldn't have to use Apple care for that.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have had no quality issues. The only thing I've had to do is turn it down. This is probably the loudest phone I've ever owned. Not complaining though, would rather turn it down than fight to hear. No complaints from friends about hearing my clearly.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have had no quality issues. The only thing I've had to do is turn it down. This is probably the loudest phone I've ever owned. Not complaining though, would rather turn it down than fight to hear. No complaints from friends about hearing my clearly.

I'm with you on the loudness and I'm also not complaining about it. My mom is older and has a very soft voice and I've struggled for years to hear her during phone calls and now I can hear her fine without even turning the phone volume all the way up. Very pleased with my iPhone!

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Went to the Genius Bar today and they did several audio tests. My phone passed them all. We also tested the phone and made several test calls. Phone passed them all. Tried with and without case. Phone passed. They gave me a new SIM card for my carrier and told me to try swapping if the problem persists.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 7 plus A1661 on Verizon. I have HD calling enabled.

When I make an HD call on my 7 plus, the audio I hear sounds muffled. Not crisp at all.

When I make the same HD call on my iPhone 6, the audio I hear is crisp and loud and amazingly clear.

Is the water proofing on the new 7 plus obstructing the clarity somehow?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 7 plus A1661 on Verizon. I have HD calling enabled.
When I make an HD call on my 7 plus, the audio I hear sounds muffled. Not crisp at all.
When I make the same HD call on my iPhone 6, the audio I hear is crisp and loud and amazingly clear.
Is the water proofing on the new 7 plus obstructing the clarity somehow?

I doubt it. My new iPhone 7+ sounds louder and clearer than my old iPhone 6.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm very critical when it comes to quality, so when I say that the sound quality on phone calls is leagues better than my 6+, you know that means something.

Seriously, the sound quality has been great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2