Sound Quality On Calls

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone. I noticed this phone does not sound as good as my previous Android phone.

I took it back to Verizon where we tested it with a"Apple Master" This is a descriptor he used since he had been through Advanced training He said my phone sounded normal. Anyway, he told me the Apple does not generally sound as good as the Samsung's HD calling feature. He told me Apples answer to Samsung HD calling is Apples WiFi calling, which he enabled on my phone.

I took the phone home and tried a call. The phone did not appear to connect to WiFi and the sound quality was unchanged. In the end, sound quality IMO is noticeably an issue for me I hope it's improved.

Last edited:

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the network settings? I was having issues with dropped calls until I did it.

In fact I did try that after you mentioned it AND when I went into that setting it asked if I wanted to reset which I did.

I hear maybe the sound is slightly better but not stelar. Thanks

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
My sound quality has been fine, and no one has complained that I sound muffled or anything. The only thing I've noticed is when I am talking to someone, I hear a vibration sound, (that's the only way I know to describe it) like the volume is turned up too loud. I turn the volume down and it doesn't do it as bad, but still does it from time to time. I had a regular 7 that I exchanged for a 7 Plus, and it does it on both models. Not a deal breaker at all, but my 6s Plus didn't do it.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
An update on this. After a second trip to the Genius Bar, they agreed that the first phone that I had was defective. They swapped it out and now all calls are clear. I think it was just my first unit.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I talked to my sister in law yesterday from Branson MO and it was like we were standing next to each other. call quality was the best. I haven't had an issue except with my best friend but she is in CA and seems to be an issue with Verizon in Ca

deadtorights

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I also have the occasion muffle when people hear me talking and also have the outterbox symetric case.
I am on VoLTE. Even if I disable VoLTE it stillt the same, but on other phone there no muffle. I think is the device.
I'll get it replace soon.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone. I noticed this phone does not sound as good as my previous Android phone.

I took it back to Verizon where we tested it with a"Apple Master" This is a descriptor he used since he had been through Advanced training He said my phone sounded normal. Anyway, he told me the Apple does not generally sound as good as the Samsung's HD calling feature. He told me Apples answer to Samsung HD calling is Apples WiFi calling, which he enabled on my phone.

I took the phone home and tried a call. The phone did not appear to connect to WiFi and the sound quality was unchanged. In the end, sound quality IMO is noticeably an issue for me I hope it's improved.

To be honest this sounds like the rep was somewhat biased and unknowledgeable. I have had just about every Samsung phone since the S3 and can tell you that Apple's call quality has been a huge notch above Samsung's in each iteration. All of my Samsung phones had some kind of ringing in the earpiece that made it almost unbearable to use for prolonged periods. My iPhone 7 Plus sounds night and day from the S7 Edge (same network, both with HD voice). Also, the iPhone has HD Voice so that rep was uninformed. Wifi calling is not "Apples answer to HD voice" as Apple was the first to offer it on AT&T. Wifi calling is for dead spots like inside bigger building that have Wifi and has very little to do with the quality of the phone call aside from providing service where cellular networks are unavailable. To me, the iPhone is the best on AT&T but the Pixel and iPhone tie on Verizon (Pixel HD voice is only available on Verizon). Can't say much for the other carriers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77