what should i do?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the 6s plus 64gb which is more than enough for me. I don't have a ton of apps but I do have slightly over 500 songs, and still have 33gb left. I would like to upgrade to the 128 but don't wanna pay the extra. I am nervous about getting the 32gb, just because I am not sure if it will be enough storage. What should I do???!!!

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
The 128GB 7 Plus is pretty much the middle storage tier now for iPhone. There is only a $20 difference in price compared to last years 64GB 6s Plus. 64GB 6s Plus last year was $850 128GB 7 Plus is $870.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
128, if you do the math 64-33= 31gb leaving you with 1gb for free stuff. You would need to cut back ALOT and then what's the point of upgrading? Not enough space to enjoy the new benefits. Not to mention 32 gb starts with around 25gb so you wouldn't have enough storage.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
128, if you do the math 64-33= 31gb leaving you with 1gb for free stuff. You would need to cut back ALOT and then what's the point of upgrading? Not enough space to enjoy the new benefits.

Does the os take up any more storage space also? Seems to me like the OP is asking for trouble by shortchanging the storage.

$130CAD( $100USD) price difference from 32GB to 128gb may seem like a lot today however, it will be so much more down the road when you realize that 32GB is not enough storage and you end up having to buy a whole new phone.

If you are struggling to justify the cost why upgrade now? Wait until you can afford the price difference or wait until next year when the newest phone comes out and you have had time to save enough to buy the phone you want.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Does the os take up any more storage space also? Seems to me like the OP is asking for trouble by shortchanging the storage.

$130CAD( $100USD) price difference from 32GB to 128gb may seem like a lot today however, it will be so much more down the road when you realize that 32GB is not enough storage and you end up having to buy a whole new phone.

If you are struggling to justify the cost why upgrade now? Wait until you can afford the price difference or wait until next year when the newest phone comes out and you have had time to save enough to buy the phone you want.

It takes up around 5-10gb I think, think my iPhone 128 started off with 121gb or something like that so take about 5 gb off the 32. I think he shouldn't upgrade. It sounds like OP can't exactly afford the extra cost so either he should stop being indecisive (it's hard I know)and get the 128 or keep his 6s+. He can get the 32 but have to cut back 200+ or so songs and heavily utilize cloud storage.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, that's what I was thinking

I don't mind the fact they upped the storage because there was no big change in price the 7 is the same price as last years 6s with more storage this year. And there is only a $20 different in the 6s Plus and 7 Plus. I can deal with that. You may not need 128GB yet but you may over time. I didn't need 256GB but with only a small difference in price from last years 128GB I went ahead and got it. I have 125 apps 1500 songs and over 500 photos and videos and still have over 210GB left. Better to have too much than not enough

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
As already said, the 128 7 Plus is just $20 more than the 64 6s Plus. You would have to delete stuff from your phone if you go with the 32. If you don't want to pay the extra $20 then maybe you should just stick with your current phone.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
If you are going to upgrade, get the 128GB (as mentioned, roughly the same as your 6s with 64GB cost). If you care that much about the $100 cost difference between the 32GB and the 128GB, then I'd suggest sticking with your 6S and waiting until next year to upgrade.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why they didn't do 64 as the base instead of skipping over. Didn't make sense when they did 16 to 64 either

Lol. I love it. We get a good starting size and great optional storage sizes and you still complain about the entry level. This is a business. This is how these companies make money.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I understand the concern but if upgrading - upgrade. Without expandable memory options the 128 sounds like your best option. I love the cloud concept that phone manufacturers are using but when I'm on a plane - I need that storage :) That said - always go a little more than you think you will need on memory.

Good luck to ya.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I understand the concern but if upgrading - upgrade. Without expandable memory options the 128 sounds like your best option. I love the cloud concept that phone manufacturers are using but when I'm on a plane - I need that storage :) That said - always go a little more than you think you will need on memory.

Good luck to ya.

Also, if you have been financing a 6s plus 64gb through the carrier then the 128gb 7 plus will continue to be the same price monthly. Made it an easy choice for me to upgrade from the 128gb 6s to my 256gb 7.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I love it. We get a good starting size and great optional storage sizes and you still complain about the entry level. This is a business. This is how these companies make money.

I'm not complaining per se it just doesn't sequentially make sense. I always buy mid range memory either way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73