Wanted Matte Black...but settled for Silver?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Is there anybody here who really wanted a matte black 7-Plus...but settled on a silver model because of availability?

How do you like the silver/white color now?

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Might wanna check your store stock and do an exchange. JB and Black showed up in force today at Apple Stores.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there anybody here who really wanted a matte black 7-Plus...but settled on a silver model because of availability?

One of my mates did. He wanted black initially. After he saw how the in store model that has got nicks and where you can see the silver metal inside, he decided to go with silver. Availability played a role there as well.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I essentially went and got a silver/white model....But just couldnt do it... Finally found a Matte Black 256gb at a local sams club and purchased. And extra plus is that all of their phones are at A1661 models so mine is already fully unlocked as well.

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Given all the concerns with the blacks in terms of fingerprints, scratches, etc. I am rethinking waiting to get one. Silver would be my third choice, but maybe the right one. I'll probably have a damn case on it most of the time, so it may not matter.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Given all the concerns with the blacks in terms of fingerprints, scratches, etc. I am rethinking waiting to get one. Silver would be my third choice, but maybe the right one. I'll probably have a damn case on it most of the time, so it may not matter.

There are no known concerns over the Matte Black with fingerprints and/or scratching. It's the Jet Black you're referring to, the glossy / shiny one.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I've used my JB caseless since I received it (two weeks now) and it doesn't show fingerprints nearly as bad as people led me to believe - nor do I have any scratches and I'm not going out of my way to be careful with it at all.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
One of my mates did. He wanted black initially. After he saw how the in store model that has got nicks and where you can see the silver metal inside, he decided to go with silver. Availability played a role there as well.

That's what I saw too.. So I'm still on the fence about the Matt Black..

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a matte black iPhone 7 and decided I wanted the 7 Plus instead and the only available color was silver. I couldn't care less about the color, tbh. It's in a case.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I had a matte black iPhone 7 and decided I wanted the 7 Plus instead and the only available color was silver. I couldn't care less about the color, tbh. It's in a case.

Do u find the white face distracting?
I quite like how everything is blacked out on the black face - that only the screen is bright? If you know what I mean?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Matte Black 7 (not plus) as I did not want another "white face" phone. I am glad I did.. such a difference for me personally / visually. But it's a nice thing, everyone can get what they like!!

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I went with the Matte Black 7 (not plus) as I did not want another "white face" phone. I am glad I did.. such a difference for me personally / visually. But it's a nice thing, everyone can get what they like!!

I thought y husband's black iPhone wasn't as distracting as my white face phone and I thought I was imagining things...

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
As people are saying yes white color kinda distract on black things look amazing and the new matte black color is dope seriously loving it in apple leather black case:yes:

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
White phones are distracting on the front and it makes the phone look and feel a lot bigger than a black one as it fools the eye and brain. Test them side by side the white ones really looks bigger.

doccc

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I got a silver because I couldn't find a black. However, with a black case and a full face black tempered screen guard, the only part of my phone that is white is the home button.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I got a silver because I couldn't find a black. However, with a black case and a full face black tempered screen guard, the only part of my phone that is white is the home button.

That's what I thought of doing when if miss having a white face... 😁

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen