Anyone move from a Note to an iPhone?

credo

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I really like the iPhone 7 plus. What I really miss from Android phones is the back button and the recent apps button.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Swipe from left to right on the edge of the screen to go back. Works in most apps and system. For recents either double click home button or 3D touch from left edge of screen and swipe right for alternative way to get to recents

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Swipe from left to right on the edge of the screen to go back. Works in most apps and system. For recents either double click home button or 3D touch from left edge of screen and swipe right for alternative way to get to recents

It's hard to use 3D touch for recents app

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I did. I had a Note 7 and I loved it. Then I traded it in for an iPhone 7 during the first recall. Then I traded that iPhone for the 7 Plus. I love the bigger phone. I got the silver one, 128GB. The Apple Store near me finally had them in stock.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I was told, despite already having the 6SP, that they would be sending a box, they as in Samsung/Verizon. I know if you're with Verizon your account is already reset to available upgrade. So if you had an upgrade available August 1st it has been reset to that. Then if you so choose you can go online and order a new phone. Verizon is trying pretty hard to get the phones back AND streamline the process.

Either way, I believe most, if not all carriers are sending the hefty boxes to their Note 7 customers and expect the phones back. I don't know how they're going to do it without "threatening" people with monetary recourse. A lot of people bought the phone outright.

I see I'm not the only former Note7 owner who jumped to the iPhone 7 Plus!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get my hands on a 7+, but it's proving difficult. I can't be without a phone, so I'm considering my options with Verizon. The 6S+ isn't bad, but it's no Note 7, but it's still tolerable. I'd just prefer to have the 7 Plus so I can continue to use my annual upgrade option through Verizon. I lost mine when I gave back the Note.

Wow - seems like they should reinstate upgrades for folks who lost on the Note... just sayin...

indydrummer

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I had 3 note 7's. first was showing signs of the issues prior to the recall or known problems, then its replacement was exchanged under 1st recall. Has been a mess. Miss the REAL multitasking, spen, screen, expandable storage. Was a nice phone, though I still has a IPhone 6s. Now this time I returned the note 7 for a 256 gb matte black 7 plus. Liking it so far!

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
The differences between Android and iOS are noticeable going either way. I don't want to slander either because I like both. Heck some of my google apps work better on iOS than they did on Android (which is wierd).

Biggest difference I have seen is Android gets customization and a back button right. iOS is smooth as butter. Without manufacturer skins it just works (which is probably do also to the lack of customization).

In the end the 7+ is a solid phone.. you just have to be ready to buy into the Apple EcoSystem which tends to have a higher pricepoint than Android does.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
The differences between Android and iOS are noticeable going either way. I don't want to slander either because I like both. Heck some of my google apps work better on iOS than they did on Android (which is wierd).

Biggest difference I have seen is Android gets customization and a back button right. iOS is smooth as butter. Without manufacturer skins it just works (which is probably do also to the lack of customization).

In the end the 7+ is a solid phone.. you just have to be ready to buy into the Apple EcoSystem which tends to have a higher pricepoint than Android does.

   ecosystem ? Isn't it just icloud drive, photo and    music ? We can just use google drive, google photo or other music streaming. I used to use    photo, but mow I switch to google photo and drive, more versatile

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Picked up a 7+ this weekend. IOS 10 and the the 7+ are super smooth. It's nice to actually be able to use a glass screen protector without the edges lifting up. Also alot of my favorite apps function better on IOS.

I do miss the customization, expandable storage, always on display and wireless charging of the note 7. Android wear on IOS is very limited which is expected. Will probably by an apple watch if I can find any kind of discounts on Black Friday. Also iTunes is trash but I'll stick with the iPhone and see what the next Note or whatever they call it has to offer.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the s7 edge to the 7 plus 128gb. I was with the iPhone 6 for the last 2 years but ditched in July and everyday I missed my iPhone. I do however already miss certain android/samsung features. But iPhone 7 feels like home.

Charles Collins

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I had two Note7's and now have the iPhone 7 Plus. Color me super happy! From the Note7 I miss the screen, game mode (no interruptions) and video enhancer (no interruptions plus brightness automatically brought up) and from Android I only miss the back button. Everything else I'm far happier with my 7 Plus, most especially apps. Google's apps are better on iOS than Android...

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I am really enjoying my ip7 plus. Also came from two note 7's which I loved. Been with Android since there first iteration but I have to say I'm very happy with this phone and iOS 10 so far. It's steadily growing on me every day. I can't actually believe it but I'm becoming more of a fan every day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73