iPhone 6s to 7 plus

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s, and got a note 7 and loved the bigger screen. Now with that debacle over, considering whether I should keep my 6s for a year, or upgrade to the 7 plus. The sensible part of me says to wait, the 6s is nice still, but I did love the bigger screen.

Question, is the camera upgrade a big change from 6s to 7 plus? The waterproofing is ok, lack of headphone is a big negative, and I'm indifferent to the stereo speakers. While size is nice, I don't want to waste an upgrade unless he camera is also a lot better than the 6s. I'd heard the changes are minimal in photo quality aside from the telephoto lens.

Also, is the screen noticeably better? That note 7 screen was gorgeous!

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Apparently it's a good bit of an upgrade, there's still yellow gate but that's always an issue with every iPhone device. I would just say do it~

speedfan1

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s, and got a note 7 and loved the bigger screen. Now with that debacle over, considering whether I should keep my 6s for a year, or upgrade to the 7 plus. The sensible part of me says to wait, the 6s is nice still, but I did love the bigger screen.

Question, is the camera upgrade a big change from 6s to 7 plus? The waterproofing is ok, lack of headphone is a big negative, and I'm indifferent to the stereo speakers. While size is nice, I don't want to waste an upgrade unless he camera is also a lot better than the 6s. I'd heard the changes are minimal in photo quality aside from the telephoto lens.

Also, is the screen noticeably better? That note 7 screen was gorgeous!

I just made the upgrade you are talking about and I am extremely happy with my decision. I can't believe I said for quite some time that I wouldn't do a plus after having this.

Apparently it's a good bit of an upgrade, there's still yellow gate but that's always an issue with every iPhone device. I would just say do it~

What is Yellow Gate?

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Why not wait for the next year. As the 10th anniversary, the next iretation must be awesome.

That is what my brain is saying, that's should save my bucks for next year for the big change. But since I had that note, I did love having a bigger screen, especially one that Is better quality than my 6s. And now I have the itch for a new device.

However, the removal of the headphone jack does bother me, and not sure it's worth the price....still considering. Would be easier to type on a larger screen which would be a plus.

speedfan1

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
If you use the Apple Upgrade program, the hit isn't quite as bad. This is what I did, I can upgrade next year if I like the next phone so bad I want it.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
If you're with Verizon and get a 7 Plus you can do the annual upgrade program: pay 50% of the device off and turn it back in and upgrade. That's what I do. Lost it when I went with the 6S Plus after the Note 7 horror though.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
From personal experience the 7 series is a worthwhile upgrade from the 6s series,,,, especially the camera for indoor and low light shots.
The camera on the 7 series is almost as good as all my Galaxy's and Note's 1 thru 5 that I've also owned.
My Note 5 and Galaxy S7 camera was way better than my 6s and 6s+,,,, the iPhone 7 has finally caught up to the Samsung's in term of camera picture quality.
Cheers
Davyo

MarsOlson

Banned
Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Airpod costs a lot. If you prefer a Note, you might need to wait until months later. I am sure Samsung will come out with an new Note ASAP.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered one, should be delivered next week. I definitely don't think that going from 6s to 7 would be worth the money, but a 6s small to a 7 plus may be. I can always return it if I don't love it. I had thought about doing a used 6s plus, But the price for a used one would have run the price for a new 7 plus using my upgrade. So we'll see.

I do think the note is dead for this iteration. Not sure the carriers will mess with it again, and from what I've read they still can't replicate the issues in the lab, so they can't find a fix.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I would keep the 6S and wait til next year as the differences between the 6S Plus and 7 Plus is SO small it really isn't worth the upgrade.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I've recently upgraded from a 4.7in 6S to a 7 Plus. Better battery life, larger screen, better screen resolution, better front-facing and rear cameras, stereo speakers, water & dust proof, faster more efficient processor, new home button. and the option to upgrade storage size to 256GB. Going from a 6S to a 7 isn't as much of an upgrade IMHO but upgrading to a Plus is very much worth it.

Last edited:

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I would keep the 6S and wait til next year as the differences between the 6S Plus and 7 Plus is SO small it really isn't worth the upgrade.

What if I have enough upgrades to upgrade to the 7 Plus and again next year? Is it worth getting the 7 Plus with $150 down and $35 a month, or should I get the 6S Plus for $0 down and $25 a month? I can't decide which one to go with.

Edit: I bit the bullet and spent the extra on the 7 Plus 128GB. The extra storage, camera, and stereo speakers were the main deciding factor. But I'll admit, a lot of it was just my inner nerd needing the latest and greatest 😎

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner