Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

biscuit141

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I keep Apple's website open at my desk at work and I have been checking the website at least once an hour minimum since Monday 10/3 and have not seen ANY iPhone Pluses in my local store or any store within 90 miles, which includes Chicago. I'm surprised they are not getting at least a few each day or every few days. My local store told me as soon as they are checked into inventory at the store they appear on the website as available but I'm having my doubts. Are they really in that short of supply? I'm coming from a 5S and want my 7 Plus! (Impatient rant over)

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The list updates at 12:01 AM and if you haven't reserved one before the sun comes up then your probably not going to get one.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The list updates at 12:01 AM and if you haven't reserved one before the sun comes up then your probably not going to get one.

Depending on the area that's not entirely true. The day I got mine and my fianc? iPhone 7 plus, I checked that morning and there were no phones in stock. Checked every 30 minutes for lunch and was able to reserve one for later in the evening. So keep checking OP

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Are you specifically only looking at Jet Black and Black? I was pretty much doing the same thing. Checking once every hour. I ended up with a black 7 Plus a few weeks ago. Then this past week I looked for another 7 Plus and had a choice between silver, gold, and rose gold as variants of those were available at the same time. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Another question.... are you calling stores other than checking "Apple's" online stock? I know I can walk into my local AT&T store and buy a 7+ now.. maybe not in Black or Jet Black, but certainly in Rose or Silver. Just wondering where else you're looking? I do believe with the Note going bye-bye, the Pluses will be harder and harder to find.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Another question.... are you calling stores other than checking "Apple's" online stock? I know I can walk into my local AT&T store and buy a 7+ now.. maybe not in Black or Jet Black, but certainly in Rose or Silver. Just wondering where else you're looking? I do believe with the Note going bye-bye, the Pluses will be harder and harder to find.

Same with my local stores. It is almost impossible to find a black phone, but the other colors are available.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
When I was at my local Apple Store yesterday, they had almost none in stock. It seems like, at the end of last week, they had a several (not a lot) in colors other than black. It seems the 7 Plus phones, at least in my area, are selling quickly as they get shipments in.

biscuit141

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am looking for a black 128gb for AT&T. I wanted to buy from Apple because I want to do the upgrade program and get AppleCare. They only a few in stock lasts Tuesday and I was trying to reserve one online when my session timed out and I lost it. I was pissed.

biscuit141

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Another question.... are you calling stores other than checking "Apple's" online stock?

Can you even reach someone at an Apple Store on the phone? I assume they are not giving out that information because that's all they would be doing all day. In the store they told me the website is the best way to check stock.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I was told by an Apple Store employee the best time to check is early in the morning. I reserved a Gold Plus at around 8:30 am and picked it up hours later. Cancelled an AT&T order that was due for shipment around now at the store minutes before I purchased the Gold phone. You have to be a little lucky.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you even reach someone at an Apple Store on the phone? I assume they are not giving out that information because that's all they would be doing all day. In the store they told me the website is the best way to check stock.

Apple stores you can check online https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1&iPP=U

Call the other stores from Target to AT&T to Best Buy to Verizon to Sams Club etc.. Apple Stores are not the only source.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
They are the only source if I want the Apple upgrade plan, right?

Yes, if you're not either 1. Buying a phone outright 2. Buying a phone on a plan like AT&T Next, than yes.. you're a bit stuck if you want to use the Apple (ONLY) upgrade plan. May be best to order online and set up a delivery in that case. This way you can cancel the order if you find one local at an Apple store. Cover both sides of the coin.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I was told by an Apple Store employee the best time to check is early in the morning. I reserved a Gold Plus at around 8:30 am and picked it up hours later. Cancelled an AT&T order that was due for shipment around now at the store minutes before I purchased the Gold phone. You have to be a little lucky.

That's around the time I was able to reserved my matte black.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I keep Apple's website open at my desk at work and I have been checking the website at least once an hour minimum since Monday 10/3 and have not seen ANY iPhone Pluses in my local store or any store within 90 miles, which includes Chicago. I'm surprised they are not getting at least a few each day or every few days. My local store told me as soon as they are checked into inventory at the store they appear on the website as available but I'm having my doubts. Are they really in that short of supply? I'm coming from a 5S and want my 7 Plus! (Impatient rant over)

I got two of them in Chicago in late September: one at Michigan Ave and one at Lincoln Park,

At Lincoln Park, they were making reservations for walk-in customers who did not have a phone reserved

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hope I can get a plus soon. I have a 7+ from att that I need to put on swappa because I switched to Verizon today. I got an iphone 7 because I thought that I would like it but I miss my 7+.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner