Switching from Blackberry to iPhone 7 plus

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the slow reply, for some reason I did not receive a notification you replied to my post.

For EnPass you can export from the desktop app to a text file so you can still make your copy to keep in a safe.

If I gather enough ways to recreate BB10 on the iPhone maybe I will start a thread but right now I am not sure there is enough to make it worthwhile. I will give it some thought.

Hope you got your phone sooner than later.

Thanks for the response. This is a huge help

Still waiting for the phone to arrive

jwarman

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response. This is a huge help

Still waiting for the phone to arrive

You are welcome and happy to help a fellow forced convert. :)

I couldn't (well didn't want to) wait so I hunted down the phone I wanted and used the Apple Reservation system to get my hands on it. :biggrin:

MrJizac

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Do you think Apple would really discount the iPhone?

I bought direct from Apple because I can't stand being tied into a carrier contract and I have a great plan that I don't want to lose by buying with a subsidy.

I must admit, it would be nice to see the phone go on sale, $1700 CAD is quite a lot of money considering I bought my Z30 two years ago outright, no contract for under $300 all-in.

The phones do not go on sale and if they ever have they would be the smallest discount it wouldn't even matter. Your time getting to the store would be worth more. I have experience in this field as I work in the industry and rarely see sales. The only sales are on last year model iPhones after Apple lowers the price to remove their stock. The carriers do the same because they don't want to be stuck with the device. However with a subsidy you're never really getting a discount, its just saving you money up front which I guess could be a good thing if you're going to keep the phone for at least 24 months.

MrJizac

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
So, I have finally decided to give up on my Blackberry Z30 and I ordered an iPhone 7 plus 256gb in Jet Black. Needless to say, I have to wait until Nov 30 to Dec 15 for my new iPhone to arrive and I am very excited!

I am suffering with battery issues and my phone freezing lately so it is time to abandon a dying platform. When I went into the Apple Store to try the 7 plus, I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, it is BEAUTIFUL! I was surprised at how easily I can type with the keyboard, although I will miss the Blackberry word predictions that I can swipe up on to insert them into the text. I hate how the suggestions on the iPad show up in boxes above they keyboard, Blackberry just does this much better. I also adore the camera on the 7 plus, Blackberry cameras are dismal. It is great to have such a vast selection of cases to choose from although I am finding that challenging since there are so many options

I have been happy with Blackberry until recently when I am finding that the apps I need/want are not available on Blackberry or no longer supported.

I have an iPad Air so I am not completely new to iOS but I do have some concerns, number one is how to switch everything from my Blackberry to my iPhone when it eventually arrives. I have been reading up about it but I don't use any cloud based back up at this point so I am not sure how easy this will be.

Should I upload to one drive or can I connect to my computer and transfer pictures etc. that way? If I do use the computer, how do I save pictures in such a way that iTunes can access the files?

My business emails are IMAP accounts so no problem there, personal emails are with Bell and Rogers accounts so that should be easy enough also. Contacts are my biggest concern though.

Is there a way to get the text messages transferred over?

I humbly ask for any advice you can pass along to me to make this transition as seamless as possible. Hopefully this iPhone will come sinner than later. I am getting more and more frustrated daily with my Blackberry.

BlackBerry's are the biggest pain in the neck when transferring data from one device to an iPhone. Everything is completely different. What I would suggest is complete the transfer via all cloud services, this is going to be the easiest process for you. Find a good contact cloud app, BB has some in there store that are on the iOS App Store. Just plug your BB onto your PC and transfer your photos to your PC, if you really want them on your phone you can Google how to transfer them back onto the iPhone, or you can do the easy route and upload them to Google Photos and then download the app on your iPhone, super easy. Don't worry about apps cause BB doesn't have crap for Apps compared to Apple, once you start going through all the apps in the App Store you'll completely forget about your BB. Your emails will take care of everything else, email, calendars, tasks, reminders etc, assuming the server is setup properly. I actually deploy and transfer data from phone to phone everyday as it is part of my job and let me tell you BB is a complete pain when it comes to transferring data to another device. HOWEVER! Do not get discouraged, after a couple of weeks of settling into the iPhone you will never look back. The device is incredible!

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The phones do not go on sale and if they ever have they would be the smallest discount it wouldn't even matter. Your time getting to the store would be worth more. I have experience in this field as I work in the industry and rarely see sales. The only sales are on last year model iPhones after Apple lowers the price to remove their stock. The carriers do the same because they don't want to be stuck with the device. However with a subsidy you're never really getting a discount, its just saving you money up front which I guess could be a good thing if you're going to keep the phone for at least 24 months.

That's what I figured and also the reason I did not wait to order.

Thanks

michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I made that transition too, still miss parts of the blackberry but then I find better and easier to use solutions on the iPhone. Only thing I miss is the old school blackberry messenger alerts.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry's are the biggest pain in the neck when transferring data from one device to an iPhone. Everything is completely different. What I would suggest is complete the transfer via all cloud services, this is going to be the easiest process for you. Find a good contact cloud app, BB has some in there store that are on the iOS App Store. Just plug your BB onto your PC and transfer your photos to your PC, if you really want them on your phone you can Google how to transfer them back onto the iPhone, or you can do the easy route and upload them to Google Photos and then download the app on your iPhone, super easy. Don't worry about apps cause BB doesn't have crap for Apps compared to Apple, once you start going through all the apps in the App Store you'll completely forget about your BB. Your emails will take care of everything else, email, calendars, tasks, reminders etc, assuming the server is setup properly. I actually deploy and transfer data from phone to phone everyday as it is part of my job and let me tell you BB is a complete pain when it comes to transferring data to another device. HOWEVER! Do not get discouraged, after a couple of weeks of settling into the iPhone you will never look back. The device is incredible!

Thanks for the advice, I will give photos app a try. Now if only the iPhone would get here already so I can try everything out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73