My iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black) nearly fell off my desk but hit the side table hard.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
My 1 week old iPhone 7 Plus 256gb (Jet Black) which I had protected the whole phone body with 3M film protection nearly fell from my desk but thanks to the charging cable was able to catch hold of the phone. However, it hit the side of the table in the process. It was a hard bang though.

Upon checking the phone I noticed there is a scratch on the side of the phone but there is 3M film covering the whole body. Not sure if it has caused any major damage to the phone body. There is one more scratch at the back of the phone around the corner, but doesn't seem to be as deep as the one on the side. Tomorrow I will pass by the shop who did the 3M film installation and request them to remove the side film and reinstall a new one. Will come to know if the scratch on the side did any damage to the phone or did the 3M film protect it?

Scratch on the side of the phone.

Scratch at the back of the phone on the top right.

It was a shocking 3 secs and all this happened at night when I woke up from sleep getting out of bed.

Anyway, I hope there are no scratches on the camera lens. I can't seem to find any.

Been waiting for a lens protector from iMos for a while now and it is coming in stock next week.

Boy even when I have the 3M film protection on the phone and on top of that Apple Care+, I am so pissed off.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ouch!
I hope when they take off the film on your phone it's just a scratch on the film not the actual phone.
Maybe it's time to invest in a case?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it's just the 3M film (fingers crossed!). As far as the camera lense, the sapphire crystal cover is more likely to shatter before it scratches so I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!

I went to the shop after work today to show them my phone. They took a look at the phone and the first thing they said after a quick look, is that you should be fine. It was a sigh of relief.
Anyway, they took the film on the sides out and showed it to me. There were no scratches at all. They then showed me the film and it was not even torn. Just a mark on the film itself. The 3M film really saved me. I then asked them to check the back of the phone at the top right corner. Would you believe that it was only a dirt back which was wiped clean with liquid cleaner at the shop.
The camera lens is fine, too.

So all in all, I got lucky this time. The only worry if any now would be internal damage, but I am being positive. Don't wish to use my Apple Care+ coverage so early. To be honest I have never ever had to use Apple Care+ before but yet I buy it for all my Apple devices.

Now with the new 3M film on the sides of the phone, I have to let it settle as there are some air bubbles here or there which will need a couple of days to go away. That means I can't put the phone in my leather sleeve today. Hopefully tomorrow it should be okay to start using the leather sleeve.

The store informed me that they are getting stock of the camera screen protector tomorrow, so I will have to drop by their shop tomorrow to add that for my camera and then I am all set.

They also will be getting the rings for the home button but not sure if I should get one. Last year I got the gold ring for my iPhone 6s Plus Space Grey. I got a matching gold ring for the camera, too. This year only the home ring is releasing. Should I get one? If so which color will suit the Jet Black phone?
They said they will have black, red, silver, rose gold and Gold

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!

I went to the shop after work today to show them my phone. They took a look at the phone and the first thing they said after a quick look, is that you should be fine. It was a sigh of relief.
Anyway, they took the film on the sides out and showed it to me. There were no scratches at all. They then showed me the film and it was not even torn. Just a mark on the film itself. The 3M film really saved me. I then asked them to check the back of the phone at the top right corner. Would you believe that it was only a dirt back which was wiped clean with liquid cleaner at the shop.
The camera lens is fine, too.

So all in all, I got lucky this time. The only worry if any now would be internal damage, but I am being positive. Don't wish to use my Apple Care+ coverage so early. To be honest I have never ever had to use Apple Care+ before but yet I buy it for all my Apple devices.

Now with the new 3M film on the sides of the phone, I have to let it settle as there are some air bubbles here or there which will need a couple of days to go away. That means I can't put the phone in my leather sleeve today. Hopefully tomorrow it should be okay to start using the leather sleeve.

The store informed me that they are getting stock of the camera screen protector tomorrow, so I will have to drop by their shop tomorrow to add that for my camera and then I am all set.

They also will be getting the rings for the home button but not sure if I should get one. Last year I got the gold ring for my iPhone 6s Plus Space Grey. I got a matching gold ring for the camera, too. This year only the home ring is releasing. Should I get one? If so which color will suit the Jet Black phone?
They said they will have black, red, silver, rose gold and Gold

I am glad to hear this worked out for you.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I am in Hong Kong. I heard Zagg has stalls at some malls,myou can check their website.

Love Asian countries! They always provide services where they help install the product on your phone. Any idea if they did a wet install or a dry one?

Also, I want a camera lens protector as well! Any brands I should look for?

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Love Asian countries! They always provide services where they help install the product on your phone. Any idea if they did a wet install or a dry one?

Also, I want a camera lens protector as well! Any brands I should look for?

It is a dry install.

You can get lens protectors from these companies if they have branches in the US.

1) iMos (they also sell rings for home button)
http://www.imos.biz/?&locale=en

2) Devilcase
DEVILCASE Mobile Phone Accessories Online Shop

3) X One (this one sells the lens protector separately with free protector for home button which doesn't affect fingerprint sensor)
X-ONE (HK)

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
It is a dry install.

You can get lens protectors from these companies if they have branches in the US.

1) iMos (they also sell rings for home button)
http://www.imos.biz/?&locale=en

2) Devilcase
DEVILCASE Mobile Phone Accessories Online Shop

3) X One (this one sells the lens protector separately with free protector for home button which doesn't affect fingerprint sensor)
X-ONE (HK)

Thanks for the links!!
So the cam protector is a clear sticker?
I'm wondering if it would affect the picture quality...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro