Anyone having issues with Apple Pay on 7 Plus?

maskedcarrot

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I came from a 6s Plus and never had an issue with Apple Pay. It worked great all the time. But since getting the 7 Plus, it's been really flaky and hardly works at all.

It's a long story, and I have a thread on MacRumors if anyone would like to check it out first.

Apple Pay acting flaky on 7 Plus. | MacRumors Forums

Please give any input after reading that thread on your experiences with Apple Pay on your 7 Plus.

If it still gives me issues again tomorrow, I'm going to demand a replacement at the Genius Bar.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used it on my 7 plus yet, but I'll try it tomorrow and report back. I actually use it on my watch more than my phone, even when I had my 6s plus.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You know, I haven't used Apple Pay on my 7. I always use my Apple Watch. I will give it a go next time to see if I run into the same issue.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish my bank offered Apple Pay. :( No plans to at all. That's coming from a VP. So the wife and I are looking at switching banks. Wish I was talking about a small bank, but it is a state wide bank with tons of branches. Probably the biggest in state bank in Oklahoma.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I came from a 6s Plus and never had an issue with Apple Pay. It worked great all the time. But since getting the 7 Plus, it's been really flaky and hardly works at all.

It's a long story, and I have a thread on MacRumors if anyone would like to check it out first.

Apple Pay acting flaky on 7 Plus. | MacRumors Forums

Please give any input after reading that thread on your experiences with Apple Pay on your 7 Plus.

If it still gives me issues again tomorrow, I'm going to demand a replacement at the Genius Bar.

No problem for me. Used it several times already.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Apple Pay on my iPhone 7 Plus and having no problems at all. I'm enjoying the fact that it is faster on this phone than it was on my iPhone 6.

maskedcarrot

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I got the phone swapped out yesterday, and I tried Apple Pay at my usual grocery store today and it worked fine on the first try.

So it appears that it was a faulty NFC chip or NFC Antenna. But then again I only used it once today, but I have a feeling that the problem is solved now.

Thanks for all the feedback.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I wish my bank offered Apple Pay. :( No plans to at all. That's coming from a VP. So the wife and I are looking at switching banks. Wish I was talking about a small bank, but it is a state wide bank with tons of branches. Probably the biggest in state bank in Oklahoma.

Know what you mean! My bank didn't offer Apple Pay either, so I opened up an account at a new bank just for using Apple Pay!! It is so much fun to use and see the surprise and wonder on other people's faces (I use AP on my Apple watch).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods