Odd question but...

King Gq

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the 7Plus and I've had the 6s Plus and 6 Plus in the past. I came over from a regular 6s and while the honeymoon phase is about over my only gripe is that when using the phone it feels like a work out. My hand and forearm be tired from all the stretching and manipulation of the phone for one hand use. Using this phone with no case would be disastrous because it is so slippery and a case only makes it harder to use but that's why I went with the apple case. I really like my 7 Plus but geesh I feel my forearm getting bigger! 😭😭

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive resorted to using it with 2 hands. Hold it in my left hand and then type with my left thumb and right hand index finger.

I just dont want to give up the screen size.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I use 2 hands with my 6s Plus. Actually, I used 2 hands with my 3.5" screen iPhone 4. LOL

Ha ha, at least I wasn't the only one.

I agree, the Plus models are huge, however after using a 6s the last 6 months or so, I'll never go back to the smaller iPhone. The pros outweigh the cons for me.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Great reason to trim the bezel, cough, cough. Rumors already swirling 10th Anniversary will keep the Plus screen size while trimming size of the phone down a decent amount. Not ONE hand use but still more than a bit smaller.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Yes, the Plus phones are much bigger to use one handed but the extra screen space and full HD is worth it, not to forget the extra battery and ram.

I don't use cases because it will just add to the bulk and make it more heavy. I put 3M protection for the phones body and get apple care+. With 3M protection, the phone is not slippery.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Great reason to trim the bezel, cough, cough. Rumors already swirling 10th Anniversary will keep the Plus screen size while trimming size of the phone down a decent amount. Not ONE hand use but still more than a bit smaller.
This is what Samsung did with the galaxy s7 devices. I have both the 7 plus and the s7 edge both 5.5 inch screens and the edge is one handed for me where the plus isn't.

images.jpg

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have pretty large hands and don't struggle much at all with one handed use. When I can, I use both hands to make it easier, but one handed isn't bad.

For what its worth, i've been looking at my pro/con list for days now, still contemplating exchanging my 7+ for the regular 7 for one major reason, putting it in my damn pocket.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I can use my 6s Plus mostly one handed, but I have what my father calls scoopshovels for hands so it isnt that hard. If Im doing a lot of texting or browsing Ill go two handed, but for the most part one handed use isnt that bad if I am just scrolling through forums and the like.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
So I think there's a bit of conundrum at Apple but the combination of 3D Touch and the "New" Home Button may have solved the issue, at the cost of consumer growing pains.

Galaxy and Notes have a Home Button but it is a wide rectangle versus Apple's Round Button. The height of the Round Button that has been with Apple forever forces a rather large bottom bezel. Thus, I see one of two things happening.

Option A) The Home Button remains with continued improvement of Taptic/Haptic engine response and integration and bezel room is saved by an ALL glass device with a CURVED GLASS screen that goes all the way to the top of the phone.

Option B) See you later Home Button. Phone gets full Taptic/Haptic integration with 3D Touch and on screen Buttons like that other OS.

Ultimately, if you want more screen real-estate AND a smaller device, concessions will need to be made. But they'll be worth it once the growing pains are over.

*My guess, just a suspicion...the iPhone with eventually work like the Watch. Just a screen with swiping and 3D Touch. Outside buttons like volume rockers will be in a menu. All you'll have left is Power Button. Need a hardware power button for software "hard resets".

JadaHughes

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Instead of always having to strain your hand to find an app, click on and app or anything like that you can actually double tap the home button (tap lightly, dont press) and your whole screen will come down. Hope this helpes

King Gq

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Instead of always having to strain your hand to find an app, click on and app or anything like that you can actually double tap the home button (tap lightly, dont press) and your whole screen will come down. Hope this helpes

Yea I use the reach feature as well, I put all my apps into my dock to help from having to reach to the top of the device

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean especially when you try and type when keying down or in bed. It's a mission lol. But I wouldn't go back for a regular 7. IT would seem like a downgrade.

If the 7 had the same resolution, same dual camera same ram. I'd maybe consider it.