Coming back to Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I will be coming back to iOS from Android S7 Edge with this new Jet Black color once its delivered to me.

My Concern :

Didnt buy AppleCare+. Will it be ok to buy within 60 days should i decide it is worth it. I usually very careful but who know.

I understood Jet Black is prone to scratches and fingerprint at the back. I am used to fingerprint with my S7 Edge.

Will get front and rear protector and a case to show it shines...

So excited now.... Countdown to my new device which is coming soon. ^_^:eek:

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I will be coming back to iOS from Android S7 Edge with this new Jet Black color once its delivered to me.

My Concern :

Didnt buy AppleCare+. Will it be ok to buy within 60 days should i decide it is worth it. I usually very careful but who know.

I understood Jet Black is prone to scratches and fingerprint at the back. I am used to fingerprint with my S7 Edge.

Will get front and rear protector and a case to show it shines...

So excited now.... Countdown to my new device which is coming soon. ^_^:eek:

You can buy apple care after the purchase its just a specific time frame that you are allowed to I wouldn't go past 30 days to honest. I also ordered Jet Black 7 plus 128GB did this when preorders opened 2:05am central time and mine is due for delivery until Nov basically it says right now shipping in 5 weeks. I plan on rocking it naked for about 3 weeks then putting it in a clear case of some sort, I also have the Apple Upgrade Program so not to worried about nicks and scratches seeing that I will be upgrading in 12 months. But if you are not and plan on keeping then definitely rock it for a min without a case then cover it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You can buy apple care after the purchase its just a specific time frame that you are allowed to I wouldn't go past 30 days to honest. I also ordered Jet Black 7 plus 128GB did this when preorders opened 2:05am central time and mine is due for delivery until Nov basically it says right now shipping in 5 weeks. I plan on rocking it naked for about 3 weeks then putting it in a clear case of some sort, I also have the Apple Upgrade Program so not to worried about nicks and scratches seeing that I will be upgrading in 12 months. But if you are not and plan on keeping then definitely rock it for a min without a case then cover it.

You have 60 days from purchase to add AppleCare+.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I said I would not go past 30 if it were me I did not say it was 30 days it thanks for providing information.

But if you have 60-days.. why would you NOT go past 30. Just wondering why.. what is the difference between day 29 and day 31?

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
But if you have 60-days.. why would you NOT go past 30. Just wondering why.. what is the difference between day 29 and day 31?

The reason why is because back when I purchased an iPhone 5s the Apple rep at the store said its best to add within 30 days. So since then I have, it is nothing wrong either way, but I choose to get something sooner than later when it comes to any coverage on a device or any large ticket purchase, etc.... It's just me however again I gave recommendation based on my thought process never did I say that was the law.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Actually to be the third argument here, the later the better. I just received $77 back from an AppleCare + refund from my 6s when I upgraded to the 7. Your refund is prorated. Just throwing this little tidbit out there.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Actually to be the third argument here, the later the better. I just received $77 back from an AppleCare + refund from my 6s when I upgraded to the 7. Your refund is prorated. Just throwing this little tidbit out there.

Actually, even if you add it at 60 days it doesn't give you 2 years and 60 days of coverage. It gets added back to original purchase date and goes until 2 years after that original purchase date. So the proration doesn't matter on waiting to add it.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The amount returned does matter on when purchased. I am here to tell you this is the case. The coverage doesn't extend past the two years, that was not what I said.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually, even if you add it at 60 days it doesn't give you 2 years and 60 days of coverage. It gets added back to original purchase date and goes until 2 years after that original purchase date. So the proration doesn't matter on waiting to add it.

This is correct. Coverage lasts for 2 years from the original purchase date. There is no reason to wait.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You have 30 day without them physically seeing the device after that you have to bring the device to the store before they will add apple care.

That has not been my experience. In fact, I just purchased AppleCare+ for my iPad Pro that I've owned slightly more than a month. I had to run a diagnostic but definitely didn't have to go into an Apple Store.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That has not been my experience. In fact, I just purchased AppleCare+ for my iPad Pro that I've owned slightly more than a month. I had to run a diagnostic but definitely didn't have to go into an Apple Store.

Yeah what he said and really everyone else. I waited until like day 57 (yes seriously) to buy AppleCare+. I wanted to be sure that I will not be selling my iPhone. Since I know myself, a month is more than enough time for me to decide if I really love something, but not enough to be sure if I wanted to add that on.

@Rob Phillips 's experience was just like mine. I called them and they ran the diagnostic and that was it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen