White Colors on iPhone 7 Plus vs 6S Plus

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Is there a way to fix the colors on the iPhone 7 plus. My 6S Plus has a much brighter white than my 7 Plus. Is there a fix or do I have to just deal? Hoping I can fix this. I need the brighter colors and my phone is turned to the brightest screen setting.

queenren

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Is there a way to fix the colors on the iPhone 7 plus. My 6S Plus has a much brighter white than my 7 Plus. Is there a fix or do I have to just deal? Hoping I can fix this. I need the brighter colors and my phone is turned to the brightest screen setting.

Have you seen this replicated on any other 7 Plus? I'm curious to know if there is an issue with just your device or all 7 Plus devices.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The 7 Plus is much better than the 6s and any other iPhone before it. We're just use to not seeing the best IPS display out there until now.
Also if you're outside the best way is to leave it on auto brightness. I think there is a setting in the accessibility section of the phone that will let you play with the WB.

She gets all into the display in the 1st 5 minutes (and she is the most picky person when it comes to display accuracy).
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxnQIwxmMwk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Check the following:

1. Settings → General → Accessibility → Display Accommodations, and then disable the toggle next to "Reduce White Point", if it's enabled.

2. Make sure Night Shift isn't enabled.
3. Slide the brightness lever to the right.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Long story short, the white point on the 7 and 7+ are more accurate than the 6 and 6S series. With the more accurate white point on the 7 and 7+, the screen seems warmer when compared to the 6 and 6S series, which were not as accurate and were cooler, thus appearing more blue and perhaps a bit "brighter". The 7 and 7+ are the most color accurate LCD panels ever put in a mobile phone.

Long story: iPhone 7 Display Technology Shoot-Out

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 7 should come with a warning "do not compare this phone side-by-side to a 6 or 6s" because that's when you see it. If you didn't look at them next to each other you probably wouldn't have noticed.

paulxxwall

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Yeah the more I play with the iPhone 7 whites are a bit yellow. Don't know how accurate whites are if they have a yellow tint to them... and I read the display test and it does sound more like them testing out best carburetor when the there's much newer tech out there. Note 7 display test say how oled displays are still better than the best LCD out there. So for Apple to still want to put old tech to the test doesn't seem innovative .....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The whites on my iPhone 7!appears bright. It's not even close to the warm look of the display associated with the iPhone 4S I had years back.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mac rumors has yellow-gate going on. Pretty much it's a combination of really bad screens and the actual color itself. The screen is supposed to be warmer but not super yellow, some 7plus even have a blue screen so if it bothers you just get the phone exchanged. (This is a super known issue, every year Apple releases iPhones with super bad screens)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon