Best "Show off case" for Jet black??!

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The rhino shield bumper is fantastic (I had it for the 6Plus and have ordered the 7Plus). I'd recommend that plus a glossy best skin ever (bestskinsever.com) simple back skin. It should work with the bumper as it doesn't cradle around the edges of the phone.

On a side note I returned my Jet Black for a Matte Black 7plus because I liked the Matte Black better. But putting it in case defeats the purpose of it in my opinion.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The rhino shield bumper is fantastic (I had it for the 6Plus and have ordered the 7Plus). I'd recommend that plus a glossy best skin ever (bestskinsever.com) simple back skin. It should work with the bumper as it doesn't cradle around the edges of the phone.

On a side note I returned my Jet Black for a Matte Black 7plus because I liked the Matte Black better. But putting it in case defeats the purpose of it in my opinion.
The matte is really beautiful. The Rhinoshield is quite nice, protecting the phone yet allowing you to touch the front and back of it and allow the phone to be uncovered is great. I'm passing on the screen protectors. I've never used one from the 3GS forward.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about the Jet Black 7 at the Apple store this morning and she showed me a display model that has been handled by a million people since the launch and it didnt have a scratch on it. It looked perfect. The rumors about it scratching easily is not true

I'd imagine the phone must go through more than hands to scratch easily. Pockets, purses, surfaces and other factors could play an important role as well.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I'd imagine the phone must go through more than hands to scratch easily. Pockets, purses, surfaces and other factors could play an important role as well.

Of course and over time it will get scratched, but 3 weeks in a store with a millions hands on it is a good idea of the phones scratch worthiness

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best "Show off case" for Jet black??!

I picked up a black Apple leather case for my matte black Plus. So perfect. I also will take delivery on the black Rhinoshield Crashguard tomorrow.

iPhone 7 Plus Case - RhinoShield [CrashGuard] Bumper [11 Ft Drop Tested] No Bulk [ShockSpread Technology] Thin Lightweight Protection - Slim Rugged Cover [Black] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LEK876...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2826563

http://youtu.be/N3ThbKTfitI

Curious how you like it. I just ordered the black

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Of course and over time it will get scratched, but 3 weeks in a store with a millions hands on it is a good idea of the phones scratch worthiness

I'd personally disagree with that. Jeans are far harder on a phones casing than our hands. In and out of pants pockets, rubbing against lint while in those pockets or in and out of a purse is a more accurate test than a phone sitting on a display all day simply being touched. Just my opinion though. We've seen pictures of the Jet Black already scratched.

Not to mention, like another post stated, once these phones show signs of damage, they are replaced. There's no way you know for sure if that's even the same phone that started out on that display.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best "Show off case" for Jet black??!

I'll post about it when the mail comes. I'm still shocked the USPS delivers on Sundays.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Beyond the so called scratch-ability of the jet black, I more had an issue with the fingerprint smudges. The Matte Black stays clean looking and I used the Jet Black for 3 days before returning it and was constantly wiping off the back of the phone because of the massive amounts of smudges that were gathering on the phone. While Bestskinsever cures this to a degree, I was just more partial to the Matte.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Beyond the so called scratch-ability of the jet black, I more had an issue with the fingerprint smudges. The Matte Black stays clean looking and I used the Jet Black for 3 days before returning it and was constantly wiping off the back of the phone because of the massive amounts of smudges that were gathering on the phone. While Bestskinsever cures this to a degree, I was just more partial to the Matte.

The Matte is exquisite. Looks better than the JB and needs less TLC.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I have two cases I'm using now. The Otterbox Symmetry Clear, and the Product Red  leather case. Although the Symmetry is clear it is not crystal clear. The back has a tent to it I'm assuming for the UV protection the phone looks good in the case, but it does take away that polished look. I picked up the Product Red leather case today. I didn't think I would want to cover my phone with an  case. However, I tried it on at the store and the red on Jet Black looks really sweet.

See, there is just something about the Product Red Leather Case that makes the Jet Black 7 Plus pop.

54873fd22e3d16c06f145924b18bd22a.jpg
14083cf204b5a2c03aa49a6fb0c47519.jpg

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the product red silicone case more than the leather. The red leather doesn't age well imho, otherwise it's great. The silicone continues to look new and red with age. The leather gets dirty and gross looking imo. Some like it but it the patinas look better on the saddle brown. The black leather ages best. Silicone isn't as nice as leather but it looks new much longer. But to each their own. Enjoy.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I like the product red silicone case more than the leather. The red leather doesn't age well imho, otherwise it's great. The silicone continues to look new and red with age. The leather gets dirty and gross looking imo. Some like it but it the patinas look better on the saddle brown. The black leather ages best. Silicone isn't as nice as leather but it looks new much longer. But to each their own. Enjoy.

Agree totally on the leather, it starts off great but doesn't last. I got the black silicone to match my Gold 7+ and it looks great. I may get the dark blue also. got to keep it fresh

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I got my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black) phone last week.

I had already planned of not using a case. Just like when I used my iPhone 6 Plus 128gb and iPhone 6s Plus 128gb. Never used a case.

On the very first day I installed the Armorz glass screen protector for the front and the back I had installed a clear 3M film protection (full body). The 3M film will protect the phone from scratches. No need to get stressed when using the phone and also can show off the jet black look.

Here is the front of my phone with the Armorz glass screen protector

Back of my Jet Black phone with the 3M film installed

I have these pouches to carry my phone

SF Bags Suede sleeve

Joli Originals and Snugg Leather pouches

I also got Apple Care+ for my phone.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Jet Black) phone last week.

I had already planned of not using a case. Just like when I used my iPhone 6 Plus 128gb and iPhone 6s Plus 128gb. Never used a case.

On the very first day I installed the Armorz glass screen protector for the front and the back I had installed a clear 3M film protection (full body). The 3M film will protect the phone from scratches. No need to get stressed when using the phone and also can show off the jet black look.

Here is the front of my phone with the Armorz glass screen protector

[url]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u496/MCube74/IMG_0431_zpsnv2lxlqu.jpg[/URL]

Back of my Jet Black phone with the 3M film installed

[url]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u496/MCube74/IMG_0432_zpshaeatj0q.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u496/MCube74/IMG_0433_zpse7t6kjgr.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u496/MCube74/IMG_0435_zpsnq4kdkni.jpg[/URL]

I have these pouches to carry my phone

SF Bags Suede sleeve
[url]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u496/MCube74/IMG_0437_zpspkpu37q2.jpg[/URL]

Joli Originals and Snugg Leather pouches

[url]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u496/MCube74/16092722531161f1653fbd8c83_zpsb2aezad1.jpg[/URL]

I also got Apple Care+ for my phone.

Looks great once my JetBlack 7 plus is delivered in 5 weeks I will definitely go with how you set yours up good looking out.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Agree totally on the leather, it starts off great but doesn't last. I got the black silicone to match my Gold 7+ and it looks great. I may get the dark blue also. got to keep it fresh

I also have the Product Red Leather case on one of My iPads my son is using. Honestly I like the way it ages. To me the worn aged leather look is great. That's why I'm glad there are so many case selections. Every one can get that look they're shooting for.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
d313a16c645c1709ba771f16bedd31ee.jpg

It doesn't fully show the phone but I like how the jet black can still be seen on the bottom. This is my set up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal