Best "Show off case" for Jet black??!

iMike1983

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey so now I finally receive my jet black phone and I LOVE it without a case. I bought the Ringke clear case before I got the phone because it had good reviews. However, it is so reflective and so much a fingerprint magnet that I can't see the jet black through the clear case. Has anyone had any luck finding a transparent or translucent case that is more of a matte so it isn't so reflective and you can see the jet black through the case nicely? I don't want to scratch the thing but if a case takes away from the color than I don't know why it matters if it's scratched or not!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Spigen Neo Hybrid in black, I bought it to use with the Jet Black, however I have the Matte Black. Either way, the clear back is perfect for what you're looking for and the black edge of the case looks very nice with the rest of the phone.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
be aware of stuff like that...
image.jpg
seen on macrumors, don't have mine yet.

I plan to wrap mine in a naked wrap by slickwraps and put it in an ultra hybrid by spigen then, i hope the naked skin prevents this ugly effect :/

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
be aware of stuff like that...
View attachment 112509
seen on macrumors, don't have mine yet.

I plan to wrap mine in a naked wrap by slickwraps and put it in an ultra hybrid by spigen then, i hope the naked skin prevents this ugly effect :/

I have a bestskinsever gloss "naked" skin on the back of my JB 7+ and one of the cases I purchased still does that

be208a3ffc9c59bb468041249674fb97.jpg

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have tried 7 different clear cases and they all have that nasty rainbow/wet looking effect. The best case I have found so far is the otter box statement series case from apple. Def adds a bit more bulk and is pricier but the design is perfect for the jet black plus I have.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
This kind of thread just kills me. We buy the sexiest color/style/design phone we can, and wrap it in layers of protective clothing. They might just as well make 0.30" slab phones, with tons of battery and other goodies, and then sell us the cases to keep it from being destroyed in every day use. Imagine that, function over form, and you just choose the "form" after the fact...

Scstoney

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I only wish that I was able to get ahold of a jet black instead of gold because it would look so good with a clear skin on it!

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Originally I went with the Speck Presidio Clear Case but had a hard time installing on my JB 7 Plus. Speck is ware of this issue (I called them) and is a known problem. This effect the Jet Black only. The gentleman from Speck stated that Apple's process in polishing the JB made the phone a wee bit thicker hence the issue.:huh: It is being returned. Buyer beware!

Today I picked up the Otter Box Symmetry Clear Case (a bit expensive) from Verizon. BTW, this particular case is 25% off at Verizon for their customers. Their site states it's out of stock but they're in some of the stores.

I like it as it shows off the sleekness and beauty of the phone while keeping a low profile. It also has excellent grip control.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ries-case-iphone-7-plus-clear/&token=I8Jd_E5H

As a side note all crystal clear cases will start to yellow due to UV light. To prevent this from occurring a coating has to be added but this will place a bit of haze to the case which will prevent it from being crystal clear.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I was talking about the Jet Black 7 at the Apple store this morning and she showed me a display model that has been handled by a million people since the launch and it didnt have a scratch on it. It looked perfect. The rumors about it scratching easily is not true

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I was talking about the Jet Black 7 at the Apple store this morning and she showed me a display model that has been handled by a million people since the launch and it didnt have a scratch on it. It looked perfect. The rumors about it scratching easily is not true
With such compelling evidence why worry. /s

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
How do we stop this insanity?!

I have two cases I'm using now. The Otterbox Symmetry Clear, and the Product Red  leather case. Although the Symmetry is clear it is not crystal clear. The back has a tent to it I'm assuming for the UV protection the phone looks good in the case, but it does take away that polished look. I picked up the Product Red leather case today. I didn't think I would want to cover my phone with an  case. However, I tried it on at the store and the red on Jet Black looks really sweet.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

You do know that when a phone gets moderately/visibly scratched they swap it out with a brand new one, right?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Rhino shield crash guard. It's a bumper but a very protective. They make front and back protectives as well.
https://rhinoshield.io

I second rhinoshield. Just get the bumper though. That way the front and back are exposed. Beautiful and well protected.

I picked up a black Apple leather case for my matte black Plus. So perfect. I also will take delivery on the black Rhinoshield Crashguard tomorrow.

I've heard good things about the bumper. Might be good to add a clear skin to protect the finish but not sure if installing the bumper will interfere with that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods