Best Clear Case?

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
What would you consider to be the best clear case for the 7 Plus? I'm looking for something that would protect the phone if it were to fall face down.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Insignia (Best Buy brand) makes an inexpensive silicone clear case. I ran it for two days and liked it. Fairly slim, too. Speck has the Presidio clear. Slightly bulkier, but is much more of a clear case than the Insignia is (it has a slight pattern). I'm using that now and totally dig it.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I went with the Speck Presidio Clear Case. I find it not bulky (slim design), offers drop protection, shows slim profile of the 7 Plus, all ports and buttons accessible, case supposedly will not yellow (time will tell), lip to help protect screen....I installed the ZAGG Clear Glass to further protect the screen

Negatives tight fit with some slight difficulty in installing, pricey but offers an elegant solution

I would recommend this case.:yes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2824544

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As a fan of clear cases, please keep us posted on how your chosen cases hold up in regards to yellowing. Thanks!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I buy the spigen clear one from amazon. It is ok and cheap, like $7. But it turns yellowish over time. I have bought these ones for 3 yrs now. But they protect the phone long enough for me to buy AppleCare+ and typically a lifeproof case.

Indabaa

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I think spigen and caseology clear cases are good for iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. But I think every clear case will turn in yellow after few months.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I think spigen and caseology clear cases are good for iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. But I think every clear case will turn in yellow after few months.

I find that it's mostly the corners that turn yellow. Of you get something like this.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen [Ultra Hybrid Series] AIR CUSHION [Black] Air Cushion Technology Corners Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel for iPhone 6 Plus (2014) - Black (SGP10898) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JH837N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2825072

With boarders they don't really turn yellow.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have been chasing clear cases for the iPhone 7 Plus for a while now. If you don't believe it, see the picture below. There are pros and cons to all of the cases.

1. Pretty much every clear case will turn yellow over time. The TPU has aromatic carbon rings in the polymer structure and these rings do break down with exposure to light - fluoroscent lighting is actually terrible for it.UV rays in the sunlight also contribute to the breakdown of the polymer which in turn leads to yellowing. Cheaper cases do not have any blockers added to them so they yellow faster than cases from reputable manufacturers but regardless of quality, the exposure to light or oxidizing agents (bleach or bleach based cleaners) will exacerbate and accelerate the degradation process.

2. You need to determine what parameters are important to you. Want a rugged case with lots of protection, want a crystal clear hard case, want a clear soft case, want some protection or maximum show off? Only you can decide what you want and then look through Amazon and read reviews (more detailed the better) and decide.

If you want help deciding once you have made up your mind about what things are important to you in a clear case (besides it being clear) feel free to PM me. If you want to try out a couple of cases, ping me, I can send some over for free if you cover shipping. I don't plan on using all of the clear cases that I have accumulated :)

WP_20160930_08_15_05_Pro (2).jpg

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had some bad experiences with a thin fit clear Spigen case.
After 1,5 years of usage on my iPhone 6plus it doesn't fit properly anymore and it also scratched the back of it, by dirt getting between it and the phone.

This year and with my iPhone 7plus I'll go with the Ultra Hybrid.

NEW_title_iPh6_uh_blk_1024x1024.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77