tmobile insurance vs. apple care plus

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
AppleCare is not the same as AppleCare+. AppleCare covers hardware repair due to failure or defects. Not physical damage.

You didn’t read the screen shot I showed you, did you? Mine says it covers 2 incidents of accidental damage. This is straight from my serial number from Apple warranty check site. This is with $12 insurance. Accidental damage is the same as physical damage.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
You didn’t read the screen shot I showed you, did you? Mine says it covers 2 incidents of accidental damage. This is straight from my serial number from Apple warranty check site. This is with $12 insurance. Accidental damage is the same as physical damage.

You’re right, I didn’t read it lol. I guess there is an option to pay $12/mo for insurance with AC+, but without JUMP. If a person does have JUMP, it’s $15 for the feature that includes AC+.

I guess what I’ve been trying to get at is don’t assume you have AC+ just because you have T-Mobile’s insurance. There are two scenarios where you would:

1. $15 JUMP with AC+
2. $12 insurance with AC+ (No JUMP)

If you have the $10 or $12 JUMP feature, you do not have AC+, even though you have T-Mobile’s insurance.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You’re right, I didn’t read it lol. I guess there is an option to pay $12/mo for insurance with AC+, but without JUMP. If a person does have JUMP, it’s $15 for the feature that includes AC+.

I guess what I’ve been trying to get at is don’t assume you have AC+ just because you have T-Mobile’s insurance. There are two scenarios where you would:

1. $15 JUMP with AC+
2. $12 insurance with AC+ (No JUMP)

If you have the $10 or $12 JUMP feature, you do not have AC+, even though you have T-Mobile’s insurance.

With Jump are you referring to? Regular Jump or Jump on Demand? I’m on regular Jump and mine is $12. I was offered a $15 which I think included some kind of identity protector or something. I don’t remember. Since apple care was included on the $12 package, I just went that direction. I pulled this from the text I got to download my apple care documents today.
2d84e912216e2578dfdb93e32a5e4145.jpg

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
With Jump are you referring to? Regular Jump or Jump on Demand? I’m on regular Jump and mine is $12. I was offered a $15 which I think included some kind of identity protector or something. I don’t remember. Since apple care was included on the $12 package, I just went that direction. I pulled this from the text I got to download my apple care documents today. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180411/2d84e912216e2578dfdb93e32a5e4145.jpg

Interesting. That is awesome if the new $12 jump came with AC+.

We have Jump 1 and Jump 2 on our account with two iPhone X’s. We have insurance included, but not AC+. Our deductible is $275 for any type of physical damage. I was told that if we wanted AC+, we needed to switch to the new Jump Plus feature for $15. I was told by both a rep on Twitter and over the phone that the $12 Jump only included basic AC.

I guess this is the result of T-Mobile changing the Jump feature so many times. It gets confusing for the consumers.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. That is awesome if the new $12 jump came with AC+.

We have Jump 1 and Jump 2 on our account with two iPhone X’s. We have insurance included, but not AC+. Our deductible is $275 for any type of physical damage. I was told that if we wanted AC+, we needed to switch to the new Jump Plus feature for $15. I was told by both a rep on Twitter and over the phone that the $12 Jump only included basic AC.

I guess this is the result of T-Mobile changing the Jump feature so many times. It gets confusing for the consumers.

Did you run your serial number on the apple warranty check site? If you have it it will say apple care services and your warranty is now 2 years.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for all the input. It seems they never updated my insurance during my upgrade. I have JOD on one of the lines, so I used an upgrade to get another iPhone X (no down payment so no big deal) and specifically requested the insurance with AppleCare+. Did yours show up right away? The new iPhone X is also showing as not having it, but I did just do this today.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. It seems they never updated my insurance during my upgrade. I have JOD on one of the lines, so I used an upgrade to get another iPhone X (no down payment so no big deal) and specifically requested the insurance with AppleCare+. Did yours show up right away? The new iPhone X is also showing as not having it, but I did just do this today.
I got this X last Saturday. Traded in because I needed a 256. I kept checking it it finally showed up Monday afternoon. So about 2 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative