iPhone 7 Plus annoying creaking/clicking sound

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I've been having this issue as well (Matte Black). Audible creaks right to the left of the FaceTime camera and to the left of the home button. From what I've been observing reading various forums, most if not all of the complaints are from the 7+ owners that have either black or jet black models. Haven't observed any complaints from Silver, Gold, nor Rose Gold owners. With that said, I've returned mine, returned to my 6S and will await a later batch and hopefully Apple can get this issue resolved. I miss it already.

Anyone else notice this issue?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife's originally rose gold plus did this. It was very bad. So bad, she wouldn't even use it. I returned it. The next day found one at Apple and the new one was fine. My black Plus is fine too.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to try again this weekend. Hopefully I get lucky and get one without issue. The added feature of waterproofing made me kind of nervous to have kept my prior one with it creaking like that. Not to mention a little annoying. Thanks guys.

Also just a thought. Maybe the yield problems that were rumored are contributing factors to this issue and why Plus's are so rare to come by right now.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Was able to secure a walk-in at my mall, just have to wait an hour. Gonna walk around. Manager confirmed they had multiple people come in with the same problem.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Was able to secure a walk-in at my mall, just have to wait an hour. Gonna walk around. Manager confirmed they had multiple people come in with the same problem.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping it wasn't a widespread issue. I'll be opening my next one in the store to check it before I leave. I usually wait to get home before breaking the seal but it's better to check before leaving. Especially since I live 45 minutes away.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Phone replaced through Genius Bar. I was fortunate enough to get the LAST MB IP7+ 256gb they had available for replacement. It is definitely an issue, it was acknowledged by a manager, 2 associates and 2 Genius Bar technicians. They note that there should be NO FLEX or CREAKING of any kind. If that happens, it means that there is an issue with the screen being loose. They will replace it free of charge if they have it in stock, if not they ask you to wait 3-5 business days.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and I get a load creaking sound also. It's coming from the right side of the home button. I know I'll have a problem getting a 256gb black replaced in this area.

Orioncop

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Wonder if the creaking is coming from some of the waterproofing sealants. Whatever is causing it I'm glad  is replacing them without gripe.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's most likely coil wine. For some reason some iPhone sevens are louder than others. If you listen really hard you can hear it on any iPhone, or most electronics. It's the processor under load creating unfortunate acoustics.

If it's allowed enough to annoy you, absolutely go to Apple and have it swapped out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR