Reservation Questions

iMike1983

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
So I ordered my jet black on 9/9 and I still have a super long time to wait. I then went on and found that certain stores might be having the matte black in stock for reservation. My question is that if I reserve that phone and drive from Long Island to Staten Island to get it, am I going to be guaranteed the phone or is it just a tentative reservation ? Anyone had experience with this?

radiogirl83

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
If you get the email, you have the reservation :) I pre ordered it at a retailer and then quickly realised I was in for a looong wait. So I started checking the website for reservations. Only took me one morning of getting up early (6AM local time) and refreshing page until the stock showed up (said reservations were not available until after 6 AM before that) and hen moving to confirm like lightning ;) You can still lose the reservation as long as you do not have the confirm page. Move on a certain model and no seconds guessing!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just be ready for that off-chance they tell you no. The reservation system that actually works is for IUP, the normal system seems to kick most people out. As per Apple, if you reserve for IUP, and then wanna buy outright, they're supposed to turn you away. Will they? Doubt it. I did it that way, went in, almost did IUP but didn't, paid full price, and left. Your mileage may vary. I went to CT for mine (about 45 min away) and went with the idea that I may come back empty handed. Good luck!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just be ready for that off-chance they tell you no. The reservation system that actually works is for IUP, the normal system seems to kick most people out. As per Apple, if you reserve for IUP, and then wanna buy outright, they're supposed to turn you away. Will they? Doubt it. I did it that way, went in, almost did IUP but didn't, paid full price, and left. Your mileage may vary. I went to CT for mine (about 45 min away) and went with the idea that I may come back empty handed. Good luck!

Even then, the reservation system isn't perfect. I reserved a 7 Plus for the IUP and when I got there I was told they didn't actually have it. The store manager took my name and phone number and they held one for me when one arrived a few days later.

koko359

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I got mine that way. Matte Black 128GB on Verizon. My local Apple stores would get a few in but sell out within a few minutes. Check at 12:01AM local time, which is when the stock refreshes for the coming day. Also check a few times throughout the day. If someone misses their time, they will put it back up for sale.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner