Underwhelmed but not disappointed.

Adranalyne

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I haven't really noticed a massive difference in real world usage from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus, but I can say that the things that matter the most to me are improved/added in the 7 Plus. Battery life, while not night and day, is better. I just don't worry about running out of battery life anymore and that's important in any phone. The display is noticeably better with the wide color gamut. The speakers are noticeably better. It's water resistant. The camera, including the addition of the telephoto lens/Portrait Mode, make a difference in knowing you can get a good shot in low light. It's also ridiculously fast.

The 6S Plus is fast, has great battery life, a nice display, and a great camera. If I wasn't someone who bought phones like he does lunch, I'd probably have stuck with the 6S Plus and been just fine with it. They didn't make the 7 to regress----they made it to refine/improve/add. I feel they've done that.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I cannot really empathize because I don't think:

DSC-RX100 III Compact Digital Camera | Cyber-shot Pocket Camera | Sony US

Is inconvenient to carry around.

I don't think an upgraded smartphone camera is worth $900+, which is basically what was stated (it's worth it just for the upgraded camera). I just don't see how such a thing could be logically explained other than "I'm spending the money because I want to," which is perfectly valid BTW. I mean, part of the reason why people ask these questions (is it worth the upgrade) is to fish out reasons to spend money on things they sort of think aren't really worth what is being asked :p

It's still no logical justification which indicates that the camera upgrade even approaches $900 in value.

It just doesn't.

A good compact camera will blow a phone away in both Photography and Videography. You don't need two extra devices, only one compact, extremely portable camera which delivers results well worth the investment.

Everyone is still free to spend their money as they wish. I don't work their job for them ;-)

Not to be a ********* to anyone but I see your point. People are allowed to spend their money who they see fit and no one has the right to tell them otherwise. I work hard for the money I earn. It will be a cold day in hell before someone TELLS me what I can or can not buy with my own money. However, I do kinda wonder about folks who just willing to drop 800-1,000 on a smart phone EVERY year. I am a person that previous only spent like 200-300 dollars on an iphone and only upgraded every two years. This is the first time in my life were I spent 800 dollars on a phone (well technically only 600 since I traded in my iphone 6 and got 200 dollar credit). So needless to say I won't be upgrading again for at least two or three years as I just don't see the point in spending that kinda of money on a phone on a yearly basis. I would rather use the money for a vacation or to put in my saving account etc. I love tech and I love Apple but at the end of the day I just can't justify spending that kind of money. Like I said if I did have a 6s Plus then I defintely would not have upgraded to the 7 Plus as to be honest it's really not worth the upgrade if you in that situation but again opinions differ.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a ********* to anyone but I see your point. People are allowed to spend their money who they see fit and no one has the right to tell them otherwise. I work hard for the money I earn. It will be a cold day in hell before someone TELLS me what I can or can not buy with my own money. However, I do kinda wonder about folks who just willing to drop 800-1,000 on a smart phone EVERY year. I am a person that previous only spent like 200-300 dollars on an iphone and only upgraded every two years. This is the first time in my life were I spent 800 dollars on a phone (well technically only 600 since I traded in my iphone 6 and got 200 dollar credit). So needless to say I won't be upgrading again for at least two or three years as I just don't see the point in spending that kinda of money on a phone on a yearly basis. I would rather use the money for a vacation or to put in my saving account etc. I love tech and I love Apple but at the end of the day I just can't justify spending that kind of money. Like I said if I did have a 6s Plus then I defintely would not have upgraded to the 7 Plus as to be honest it's really not worth the upgrade if you in that situation but again opinions differ.

Because for some of us, it's our only luxury and treat. I don't get vacation time, I don't have a fancy car or car payments, I don't have a huge TV or Surround sound, etc.. it's my phone and tablet. It's my luxury.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That's how I see it as well. My 6s Plus is a great phone. The 7 Plus just doesn't offer me enough to upgrade now. I'll probably upgrade next year though.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I got the iPhone 7 Plus, cause why not?

I stand by what I stated earlier in the thread. Unless you have money to burn, or you aren't even buying the phone for yourself; it isn't worth upgrading from a 6 Plus.

Not for the camera, and definitely not for anything else.

After a week or so, after the new wears off, you will not notice the difference in performance or anything. Battery life is also the same. I doubt anyone is getting an extra hour out of this battery. Lol

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
From what I've read, 6s to a 7 isn't really that big of an upgrade. Unless you just have to have a faster phone with a better camera. Now me, I'm going from a 5s to a 7 so it will be the best thing EVER lol.

I'm jumping even further than you, I jumped from the Blackberry ship so expect to be absolutely overwhelmed with the joy of using a phone that supports apps, is fast, has a great camera, water resistant, big/bright screen....

Best thing ever for me too

With respect to dslr cameras, I considered getting one before ordering the phone but thought to myself, although the pictures are not professional quality, the best camera is the one you have with you!

I rarely bring my digital camera anywhere with me but always have my phone and have taken hundreds of less than stellar pictures with my z30, so I expect to be thrilled with the improvement.

To each, his own

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I was on the fence for a long time about upgrading, especially in respect to the very slight differences...but I finally jumped from the 6s to the 7, and felt like I had the same phone as before. I then decided to jump into the Plus-club...and now feel like the upgrade was completely justified. I completely overbought in choosing a 256gb Matte Black Plus...but I got what I wanted when I wanted it (extremely important! :rotfl:) and being on the monthly payment plan with Verizon, I'm only paying $7 more a month for my new phone than I was for the 6s or 7, and I'd be paying another year anyway...so why not pay for the latest/greatest?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2