Canceled my 7 Plus pre-order and ordered the 7

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I dumped Apple years ago when they were sticking to the 3.5 and 4 inch screen sizes and also because of Apple insulting everyone's intelligence back then claiming that no one wanted a larger than 4" screen size.
When Apple finally woke up and released the 6 series with the larger screens that "nobody wanted" I came back to Apple and got a 6 Plus, but those bezels were so huge I switched to a 6, then the 6s Plus came out, I got the 6s Plus but ended up switching to the smaller 6s.
I'm very happy with large screen sizes having owned all the Notes 1 thru 5 and I think ALL the Galaxy's as well.
But I've always preferred iOS to Android OS.
Of course I had to order the 7 Plus on day one but the more I thought about those huge Plus bezels and the ginormous size of the Plus models the more I kept thinking I would end up getting the 7 Plus and then switching to the 7,,, so to save myself from paying a restocking fee I cancelled my 7 Plus order and switched a head of time to the smaller 7.
One of the many things I wish Apple would copy from Samsung is the ability to put a large screen in a smaller phone.
Perhaps with the iPhone 8 and an OLED screen Apple will be able to get rid on the huge top, bottom and side bezels,,, until then I'll be using my smaller iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7.
And I always have my iPad Air 2 with me at all times and absolutely LOVE my iPad Pro 13 incher that always stays home,,,,, so I don't really need the giant iPhone Plus as my daily driver.

Cheers
Davyo

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I went from a Note 5 to a 7 Plus and hadn't even thought about the bezel difference until you mentioned it. To be honest though I went from a Note 3 to a 6 Plus and did notice a difference. For a short time. The tighter bezels do have a disadvantage....I didn't always get the thumb unlock on the first try on the Note 5, with it's elongated button shape. I never have a problem on the 7 Plus.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The 6 , 6s and 7 series are virtually the same form factors so not sure why you kept going back and forth. It's a matter of personal preference. Glad though that you found what works for you. There are pros and cons of the smaller vs bigger iPhone. Trade offs of both so it's a matter of personal preference.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never understood this constant complain about bezels. The phone is a great design. And within those "huge" bezels are ear pieces, front facing cameras and home buttons. It's not like it's just dead space. I have never returned a phone because of bezels. Seems weird to me. To each their own.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never understood this constant complain about bezels. The phone is a great design. And within those "huge" bezels are ear pieces, front facing cameras and home buttons. It's not like it's just dead space. I have never returned a phone because of bezels. Seems weird to me. To each their own.

After owning larger screen Notes and Galaxy's that feel way more comfortable in the hand and are easier to use, going to a Plus model iPhone feels like a big brick in comparison.

I fail to understand why Samsung can make a larger screen phone in a smaller phone form factor yet Apple needs all those bezels to fit everything in their larger body smaller screen phones ???

Cheers
Davyo

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hell of a time deciding this as well.
I pre-ordered a 7+, but since I am still WEEKS away from the estimated delivery date, I found one in my local Apple store and reserved it for pickup after work. Now i'm contemplating back and forth if I 100% want to stick with the plus or move down to the regular 7. And for the record, I've been using my 6+ for 2 years and LOVE the device, I just don't like how large it is in my smaller hands and even worse in my pockets. So does the larger screen, larger battery and extra camera outweigh the size? I still haven't decided, and I suppose I will go into the Apple store later today and play with both and make a final decision.

My biggest worry is battery and camera setup, but how much will I use the zoom lens is unknown. And I could always go with the battery case for the regular 7 for the days I know I'm going to need some extra battery life...

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
After owning larger screen Notes and Galaxy's that feel way more comfortable in the hand and are easier to use, going to a Plus model iPhone feels like a big brick in comparison.

I fail to understand why Samsung can make a larger screen phone in a smaller phone form factor yet Apple needs all those bezels to fit everything in their larger body smaller screen phones ???

Cheers
Davyo

This

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site

^This. To me it makes it feel more substantial than other phones. With the larger bezels, it also makes it less likely for other parts of my hand to contact the screen than my fingers. With the screen going right to the edge, my palm can contact the screen and interfere with the detection of my fingers.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I dumped Apple years ago when they were sticking to the 3.5 and 4 inch screen sizes and also because of Apple insulting everyone's intelligence back then claiming that no one wanted a larger than 4" screen size.
When Apple finally woke up and released the 6 series with the larger screens that "nobody wanted" I came back to Apple and got a 6 Plus, but those bezels were so huge I switched to a 6, then the 6s Plus came out, I got the 6s Plus but ended up switching to the smaller 6s.
I'm very happy with large screen sizes having owned all the Notes 1 thru 5 and I think ALL the Galaxy's as well.
But I've always preferred iOS to Android OS.
Of course I had to order the 7 Plus on day one but the more I thought about those huge Plus bezels and the ginormous size of the Plus models the more I kept thinking I would end up getting the 7 Plus and then switching to the 7,,, so to save myself from paying a restocking fee I cancelled my 7 Plus order and switched a head of time to the smaller 7.
One of the many things I wish Apple would copy from Samsung is the ability to put a large screen in a smaller phone.
Perhaps with the iPhone 8 and an OLED screen Apple will be able to get rid on the huge top, bottom and side bezels,,, until then I'll be using my smaller iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7.
And I always have my iPad Air 2 with me at all times and absolutely LOVE my iPad Pro 13 incher that always stays home,,,,, so I don't really need the giant iPhone Plus as my daily driver.

Cheers
Davyo

My daughter smashed her phone and I gave her my 6S+ and have been rolling with an SE for the past week and I find myself using the phone much less and my Ipad Pro more. Maybe that is a good way to roll, treat the phone as a phone and the Ipad for the rest.

The tiny SE is great in the pocket and I am in front of a computer most of the day or with my ipad when out and about.

Indabaa

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I agree with you large iPhone are not so easy to use. Because of this size issue only apple sale of iPhone 6s is more compared to iPhone 6s Plus, but this time they add more features in iPhone 7 plus compared to iPhone 7 so people get used too with larger screen. This time apple iPhone 7 Plus sale si higher compared to iPhone 7.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I just got the 7 plus and I have big hands and the size does not bother me nor does the bezels.

lilato

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Aside from being undecided about black vs jet black, my biggest concern regarding the 7 plus is size. The Note 7 packs a bigger screen and it's the most comfortable phone I've ever held with one hand. On the other hand, the curved edges are a waste of screen real estate imo (even though it looks gorgeous), I wonder if they will make photo editing a nightmare and will reflect glare like it's going out of style.

The 7+ has none of these problems, but it's shaped like an iPad "micro". Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad 9.7 and Smart Keyboard because they're so light, thin and small. I have a feeling the 7+ is super comfortable to use with 2 hands (how I mostly use my S6), but there are times you only have 1 hand available and I wonder if I'll be screaming in frustration if I don't learn how to ask Siri to do everything for me or I'll learn how to wiggle my hand around the phone and make the best out of reachability.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The 7+ (or 6S+) is just too big for a phone (for me.) It may work for others, but it's like walking around with an iPad mini as a phone. I would love the dual camera and portrait mode, but it's beyond "phone" size. I know the "phablet" is not a liked word. I read and watch stuff on my iPad Air 2 and use my iPhone 7 as a phone, and some day-2-day work and productivity apps. My eyes are getting old, but I do a "darker" font, a font increase and change mode from standard to zoom and it works for my needs.

If there was an easier way to use a 7+ one handed, carry it w/o it being so bulky or not look like I am talking into an iPad, I may have gone +. So far it's not even a consideration.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
as a photographer , it seems like you deserve a 7+

It is still just too large of a phone for me to use each day. Today my phone is in my left pocket. I can't imaging fitting the iPhone 7+ in the pocket, it's just too large. 5" maybe 5.5" just 1/2" too much.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro