Anybody regret upgrading from 6s plus to a 7 plus?

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Slightly cheaper would have been better.
Wait, honestly, who am I kidding? I would have bought the iPhone 7 Plus, regardless.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Slightly cheaper would have been better.
Wait, honestly, who am I kidding? I would have bought the iPhone 7 Plus, regardless.

iPhone 6s Plus 128 was $949 last year. iPhone 7 Plus 128 was $869. So for me, it was cheaper.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am still on the fence on whether or not I am going to upgrade to the 7 Plus or just get a 6s Plus. Two of my friends who now have the 7 Plus say they aren't that impressed with it considering both upgraded from the 6s Plus. And from A LOT of the reviews I have read about the Iphone 7 plus it just doesn't seem like a huge upgrade if you already have the 6s Plus (some reviews going so far as to say it's not worth it at all). The selling points is the camera, speakers, and water resistant but Samsung and others have been doing this for a while now (and better). The camera on the newest samsung phone is better than the 7 Plus camera according to Cnet and other sites. I am have a 4.7 inch iphone 6 which I have had for two years now. The battery has gotten pretty bad and some other weird issues that pretty much force me to upgrade.

And for all the die hard apple fans that upgrade every year, Its rumored the iphone 8 or 7s will be a major upgrade next year since that will be the 10 year aniversary for the iphone. Also, for those doing the upgrade plan and carrier plans you might want to read the fine print. If you don't make the payments in the allotted time that thing can REALLY screw you and your credit. I plan to just buy the phone straight up anyway but I thought I would warn some since I am sure there are some folks that didn't read the fine print with those upgrade plans. So If you do upgrade from the 6s Plus I would really consider asking yourself if the slightly upgraded camera and speakers, water resistant design, and no audio jack are worth it this year. Or even consider rival's like Samsung as the screen and pictures on their phones are slightly better than the 7 plus.

CNet didn't actually say the samsung camera was better:
"And how did he feel about the 7 Plus compared to the Samsung Galaxy S7 -- arguably the best phone camera of the first half of the year?

Now in many ways, the "realness" of the iPhone 7 Plus images has solid competition from Samsung's Galaxy S7 camera. In my opinion, the Galaxy S7 often produces images that are more pleasing straight out of the camera. The photos are bright and bold -- images pop with an almost painterly quality. The S7 photos look fantastic, but arguably look less "real" than images coming out of the iPhone 7 Plus. I think of it as the iPhone 7 Plus producing a high quality film image, while the Samsung Galaxy S7 is most definitely producing a "digital looking" image."

Apple iPhone 7 Plus review - Page 2 - CNET

Infante93

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
If I were you, I'd wait for the next year's iPhone.
Why? Because it is the anniversary and we expect Apple to make something huge.
But, if you can buy 7 plus and then, next year buy the 8 or however it will be called.. Then go ahead.

I have iPhone 6 plus, saw 7 plus and didn't fall in love: yep, the camera and the home button are cool, also the water resistance and dust but it's not a big deal for me. So I think I will wait for next year's.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I bought a 7 Plus and used it for about a week....returned it today. Not enough of a change to warrant the upgrade to me. My 6s Plus is just as fast as that 7 Plus I used plus it doesn't have that slight stutter that I noticed on the 7 Plus. My 6s Plus is smooth as butter....so I will wait and see what 2017 has in store.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Since I got my 6s+ on the Apple Upgrade Program, no regrets at all. Turn in old phone, get new with more storage (64-128) for $1 more per month vs. the old one. If I was buying outright/etc. I probably would have waited a generation. I did almost go from a 6s+ to a 7 instead since the 7 has OIS now but decided the bigger battery and the optical "zoom" on the Plus was worth it to stay with the bigger size. Well, I really didn't want a smaller screen either, but would have like a smaller overall device size. Oh and the water resistance is also a nice bonus for me since I tend to do some outdoorsy stuff like mild hikes, camping, offroading. So water dunks were always in the back of my mind as a possible issue.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's been a been underwhelming to be honest but not as much as going from 6 to 6s. That was the ultimate "eh" moment Lol. This one at least is a marginally better update.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've bought the new phone every year at launch since the 3G. And every year at launch, I feel like it's Xmas morning. No regrets, ever.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm going from 6 plus to 7 plus. I'm a bit stuck. My 6 plus is starting to have some HW issues, so I need a new phone, but from all the issues I'm hearing the 7 has, I'm thinking of cancelling my order. But then I'd be stuck with this 6 and it's issues.

It's a pickle.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm going from 6 plus to 7 plus. I'm a bit stuck. My 6 plus is starting to have some HW issues, so I need a new phone, but from all the issues I'm hearing the 7 has, I'm thinking of cancelling my order. But then I'd be stuck with this 6 and it's issues.

It's a pickle.

You could always go for the 6S if you don't want to get the 7.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I really like the speed of the 7. I did not think I would notice a huge difference but I did and with the trade in value to Verizon of 650. It did not really cost me that much to switch the phone.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...the first few days, and me thinking about the $1000 I'd just spent, I did. But, now, I think I work hard, I'll only live one, and I should thus play hard ;)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I'd wait for the next year's iPhone.
Why? Because it is the anniversary and we expect Apple to make something huge.
But, if you can buy 7 plus and then, next year buy the 8 or however it will be called.. Then go ahead.

I have iPhone 6 plus, saw 7 plus and didn't fall in love: yep, the camera and the home button are cool, also the water resistance and dust but it's not a big deal for me. So I think I will wait for next year's.

The wait and see theory never worked for me... why not wait for the following year, to see what bugs they work out of the anniversary phone? Why not wait for the 15th Anniversary phone, it will be much better than the the 10-year.. or better yet, for the 20 year phone, it's only 11-more years. Just get what you want now, get a trade in plan if you want to get next years phone, who knows. What if you hate next years phone, then you wasted a year not having something you enjoy. Life is too short.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
You could always go for the 6S if you don't want to get the 7.

Thanks. Was thinking about that, but Verizon only gives a large trade-in credit if it is going towards a 7/7plus. So, while I spend nothing now for my phone (not counting plan), I'd be spending an extra monthly amount for last year's phone if I do the 6+.

The pickle is real.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
To the OP, my wife is very unhappy with her 7 Plus and I am getting her a 6S Plus back. Home button, headphones are two issues that are big for her and as she puts it. The iPhone 7 home button is a half way point between what they wan to do and what and what they will do this year so they can milk more sales next year. I have to agree with her on this one. I honestly see myself keeping the 7 plus for a couple years and NOT jumping on the iPhone 8 next year and seeing what they do with the home button overall. I may not care for the integrated button and having no real button or a pseudo real button may be a big deal for users. Of course Android has moved away from the physical button for a while now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR